PDA

View Full Version : Garland Available?

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 07:55 PM
From mlb.com's trade page

Chicago White Sox: The White Sox, like the Mets, entered the season expecting to contend for a divisional title only to fall well off the pace before the All-Star break. Like the Mets, the White Sox haven't decided whether they are going to start building for next year or give the current cast a little more time. Should GM Ken Williams decide to begin moving veterans the first calls will likely be for second baseman Ray Durham, a free agent after the season and a guy who could help a lot of contenders. Royce Clayton, Kenny Lofton, Sandy Alomar Jr. and Carlos Lee are reportedly being shopped. As far as pitchers, Keith Foulke and Jon Garland are available . The White Sox will likely have a tough time moving Frank Thomas if they choose to do so because of his salary ($9.927 million) and disappointing production thus far.

Here's (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20020723&content_id=87128&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp) the whole article.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-23-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
From mlb.com's trade page

Here's (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20020723&content_id=87128&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp) the whole article.

I could care less if Foulke goes, but if the Sox dump Garland I don't think I could stomach this anymore.

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I could care less if Foulke goes, but if the Sox dump Garland I don't think I could stomach this anymore.

Yeah, I would lose it. Hell I almost did when we almost traded him for Erstad.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 08:18 PM
Pfft!

Speculation and nothing more. Just as I stated the Twins would win this division, I'll step out and say Jon will not be traded.

Then again, I also said they wouldn't sign Lofton and they did.

Daver
07-23-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Pfft!

Speculation and nothing more. Just as I stated the Twins would win this division, I'll step out and say Jon will not be traded.

Then again, I also said they wouldn't sign Lofton and they did.

At this point I would think everyone on the roster is available with a few exceptions.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by daver
At this point I would think everyone on the roster is available with a few exceptions.

Fine with me, lots of trash to move.

Konerko, Magglio, Buehrle and Garland stay. The rest can go find a nice spot in Arizona if they want.

Daver
07-23-2002, 08:27 PM

Fine with me, lots of trash to move.

Konerko, Magglio, Buehrle and Garland stay. The rest can go find a nice spot in Arizona if they want.

I'd also keep Wright and Biddle,but that is just me.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by daver
I'd also keep Wright and Biddle,but that is just me.

I'll keep them if you can get Rob Gallas off my tv screen. :smile:

Daver
07-23-2002, 08:55 PM

I'll keep them if you can get Rob Gallas off my tv screen. :smile:

TWANG............................................. ..............................Thump.

FanOf14
07-23-2002, 09:50 PM
I agree that it is probably nothing more than speculation - just like the article last week talking about a possible trade of PK or Thomas to the Orioles for some pitching. My question is this, why is KW so hell bent on trading pitchers (see Ritchie deal and the failed Angels-Sox deal from the pre-season) when we need pitching in a bad way?

Daver
07-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I agree that it is probably nothing more than speculation - just like the article last week talking about a possible trade of PK or Thomas to the Orioles for some pitching. My question is this, why is KW so hell bent on trading pitchers (see Ritchie deal and the failed Angels-Sox deal from the pre-season) when we need pitching in a bad way?

At the time those deals were made he was dealing from a position of strength,injuries and long recovery times have changed that position.

Iwritecode
07-24-2002, 01:51 AM
Like the Mets, the White Sox haven't decided whether they are going to start building for next year or give the current cast a little more time.

Does anyone else see something wrong with this sentence? Is there really any reason at all to hold out any hope for this season? The trading deadline is one week away and KW still doesn't know what to do with this team...

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Does anyone else see something wrong with this sentence? Is there really any reason at all to hold out any hope for this season? The trading deadline is one week away and KW still doesn't know what to do with this team...

If you want to believe this ass clown, then yeah.

I don't.

TheBigHurt
07-24-2002, 05:45 PM
if the Sox get rid of Garland there are getting rid of a future all star... but this wouldnt be the 1st time!!!!