PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Grandstand or the Team Store Lately?

beasly213
05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm wanting to know if either Grandstand or the Team Store has a lot of the 70's Sox merch? Red Jersey's, hats, jackets, etc?

Curious if it's worth making the trip down there this weekend. Thanks!

soxfan21
05-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Went to both about a week ago, I would say that grandstand is your better bet. More 70's style gear, and a little bit cheaper. I picked up the red 70's hat there as well as the red pinstripe jersey.

russ99
05-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm wanting to know if either Grandstand or the Team Store has a lot of the 70's Sox merch? Red Jersey's, hats, jackets, etc?

Curious if it's worth making the trip down there this weekend. Thanks!

Haven't been to Grandstand this year, but they have the Cooperstown Collection 1972 gear. I got my hat there and they have t-shirts, jerseys, etc. On the wall, they have my dream Sox jersey: The powder blue softball style 1972 road (http://www.mitchellandness.com/Products/Chicago-White-Sox-1972-Jersey---Bill-Melton__7229-4AW-72BMELT.aspx) Bill Melton Cooperstown Collection with the zipper.

I went to the new team store, and they have the current throwback jersey and hat the players are wearing this year, but those aren't as historically accurate as the Cooperstown ones.

robertks61
05-17-2012, 06:48 PM
The White Sox on line shop has pull overs (I ordered one), T's, BP jerseys, game jerseys & hats.

Viva Medias B's
05-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Grandstand is better. Believe me. Pete and Rosemary don't have to worry about the team store at all.

Wedema
05-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Grandstand is better. Believe me. Pete and Rosemary don't have to worry about the team store at all.

When leaving a game last week, I did notice a couple of signs by the team store stating something like "New lower, more competetive prices". Right away I thought that they must not be doing too well with Grandstand down the street.

Golden Sox
05-19-2012, 11:19 PM
The prices at Grandstand have always been cheaper than the Cell. Although I think the new Team Store is absolutely a beautiful place, its definitely not cheap to shop there. I've noticed the times I have been there the store has alot of people inside the store and very few people actually buying anything. Maybe the new Team Store isn't doing that well.

doublem23
05-19-2012, 11:28 PM
The prices at Grandstand have always been cheaper than the Cell. Although I think the new Team Store is absolutely a beautiful place, its definitely not cheap to shop there. I've noticed the times I have been there the store has alot of people inside the store and very few people actually buying anything. Maybe the new Team Store isn't doing that well.

The Team Store seems to be the kindred spirit of Bacardi at the Park... Soulless overpriced place for suckers too afraid to venture into scary Bridgeport.

There's a niche for that, though, so I can't blame the Sox for trying to capture it. Everytime I walk past BATP I see the bar full of guys drinking $6 Miller Lites, so... :dunno:

chisoxfanatic
05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
The Team Store seems to be the kindred spirit of Bacardi at the Park... Soulless overpriced place for suckers too afraid to venture into scary Bridgeport.

There's a niche for that, though, so I can't blame the Sox for trying to capture it. Everytime I walk past BATP I see the bar full of guys drinking $6 Miller Lites, so... :dunno:
I haven't paid attention while exiting the ballpark. How crowded is Bacardi after games? Do people really hang out afterwards?

doublem23
05-19-2012, 11:39 PM
I haven't paid attention while exiting the ballpark. How crowded is Bacardi after games? Do people really hang out afterwards?

Last two games I've been at they said appetizers would be 1/2 price after the game, which at least brings the prices down to "reasonable" so I guess if you're going to go after the game is the time. I just can't figure out why anyone would actually drink there instead of just walking the block to Cork and Kerry or Turtles and easily saving 50%+ on beer, but hey, to each their own. C&K's actually got pretty good food, too.

Brian26
05-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Last two games I've been at they said appetizers would be 1/2 price after the game, which at least brings the prices down to "reasonable" so I guess if you're going to go after the game is the time. I just can't figure out why anyone would actually drink there instead of just walking the block to Cork and Kerry or Turtles and easily saving 50%+ on beer, but hey, to each their own. C&K's actually got pretty good food, too.

I think the staff at Bacardi is quite a bit more talented than what you're going to find at Turtle's or other joints like that...so its got the hipper, younge vibe. And honestly its a cool room with all the HD tvs. Convenience of being steps away from the park, hotter waitresses, better food, better Tv setup. That might be worth a few extra bucks for people rather than venturing into Bridgeport. Remember, this is a world where people think Tilted Kilt is quality entertainment.

doublem23
05-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I think the staff at Bacardi is quite a bit more talented than what you're going to find at Turtle's or other joints like that...so its got the hipper, younge vibe. And honestly its a cool room with all the HD tvs. Convenience of being steps away from the park, hotter waitresses, better food, better Tv setup. That might be worth a few extra bucks for people rather than venturing into Bridgeport. Remember, this is a world where people think Tilted Kilt is quality entertainment.

OK, I'll give you Turtles, but each time I've been to Cork and Kerry I've had no complaints about the talents of the wait staff.

BainesHOF
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM
The team store, unbelievable as this may sound, just doesn't have a lot of good merchandise. Grandstand has better stuff.