PDA

View Full Version : Juan Pierror helping the Flubbies out

vinny
05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Link (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=21492575&topic_id=&c_id=phi&tcid=vpp_copy_21492575&v=3)

Phils poured it on late and won 9-2.

GlassSox
05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Oh that's the Juan we grew to love on the south side. :wink:

samurai_sox
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Yup, saw that one time too many last year.

asindc
05-17-2012, 09:54 AM
When I went to a Phillies-Nats game a couple of weeks ago, I sat in the LF bleachers. Pierre went back on a ball hit to the wall, and sure enough, he pulled up before getting to the wall. The Phillies fans around me just groaned, and I told them as a White Sox fan I had seen that too many times the past two seasons and they should probably get used to it.

salty99
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah it's interesting because after the first or second time Pierre did that last year, all the "experts" said it happens to everyone and it won't happen to them again. Where are those "experts" now?

eriqjaffe
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Beast Mode

Brian26
05-17-2012, 09:20 PM
I have nothing to add about Pierre that hasn't already been said, but good grief does that auxiliary scoreboard over the RF wall at Wrigley look completely out of place. I havent watched any Cubs games at all this year (literally, not even five minutes of a game), but that scoreboard in the replay is brighter than anything else in the park. I can see how the bullpen catchers down the line could be distracted by that.

hawkjt
05-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah it's interesting because after the first or second time Pierre did that last year, all the "experts" said it happens to everyone and it won't happen to them again. Where are those "experts" now?

I looked at Juan's stats for 2012....he is hitting .330,with an OPS of .770.
His WAR is .7,which is second best on the Phillies behind Ruiz.
His defensive WAR is .2,which is not bad.

Basically, Juan has been the second best player on the Phillies to this point,and is hitting better than any Sox player cept for PK,so while I am glad we have DeAza, and to see Dayan get a chance, Juan is not embarrassing himself with the Phillies,and the Sox would have more wins right now if the was still in left field for them with Dayan hitting around .200 until this week.

gobears1987
05-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Basically, Juan has been the second best player on the Phillies to this point,and is hitting better than any Sox player cept for PK,so while I am glad we have DeAza, and to see Dayan get a chance, Juan is not embarrassing himself with the Phillies,and the Sox would have more wins right now if the was still in left field for them with Dayan hitting around .200 until this week.
The fact that sabermetrics tells you that Pierre's defense doesn't suck tells me that sabermetrics is full of ****.

TomBradley72
05-19-2012, 12:45 PM

Complete insanity.

On his defense alone (opening day diving catch, the way he gets over to the line/in the corners- cutting balls off and getting the throw into the infield)- I'd take Viciedo over Pierre 1000X.

We don't beat the Cubs yesterday if Pierre is in LF instead of Viciedo.

Frater Perdurabo
05-19-2012, 02:41 PM

I doubt he'd be hitting .330 with the Sox. He's facing weaker NL pitching. He's also probably had a run of good luck. What's his BABIP in comparison to his previous years?