PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 05:46 PM
Now i may be wrong on some of these things, and if I am please call me on it.

Now we're all pretty sure a strike is gonna wipe out the rest of this season, so I was thinking, next years Sox will more than likely have a good "rookie crew" of Crede, Borchard, Hummel Harris, and Rauch. (Possibly Jiminez, I'll get back to him) Now if there is a strike this crew would still be able to play minor league ball. Now if big-league players are on strike they can't play in the fall or winter league's, but I think that the minor league players can, either way if most to all of that crew continue to play ball in the fall or winter leagues than coming into ST the next year, assuming the labor issue has been taken care of, they would in theory be "fresh" or at the very least a little bit more prepared for the upcoming season than the other players. That fresh core mixed in with the core we'll keep after this season could make some kind of run in '03. I brought up Jiminez, but a.) Don't know if he'll be that good and b.) Don't know if he would have to go on strike with the rest of the union.

Just some thoughts, don't completely tear me to sheds on some of the stupid things I said. :D:

Daver
07-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Now i may be wrong on some of these things, and if I am please call me on it.

Now we're all pretty sure a strike is gonna wipe out the rest of this season, so I was thinking, next years Sox will more than likely have a good "rookie crew" of Crede, Borchard, Hummel Harris, and Rauch. (Possibly Jiminez, I'll get back to him) Now if there is a strike this crew would still be able to play minor league ball. Now if big-league players are on strike they can't play in the fall or winter league's, but I think that the minor league players can, either way if most to all of that crew continue to play ball in the fall or winter leagues than coming into ST the next year, assuming the labor issue has been taken care of, they would in theory be "fresh" or at the very least a little bit more prepared for the upcoming season than the other players. That fresh core mixed in with the core we'll keep after this season could make some kind of run in '03. I brought up Jiminez, but a.) Don't know if he'll be that good and b.) Don't know if he would have to go on strike with the rest of the union.

Just some thoughts, don't completely tear me to sheds on some of the stupid things I said. :D:

Jiminez has MLB service time,he would be subjected to a work stoppage.

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yeah that's what I assumed, but is everything else right? You seem to know 'what's up' with the labor issue.

Daver
07-23-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Yeah that's what I assumed, but is everything else right? You seem to know 'what's up' with the labor issue.

I don't think there is a restriction of MLB players playing winter ball if they are on strike,I would have to check that out.Winter league teams are mostly independant teams that are not sanctioned by MLB.

hold2dibber
07-23-2002, 06:14 PM

Crede, Rauch and Harris all have played in the majors - would they be considered to have "MLB service time" for purposes of a work stoppage?

Daver
07-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Crede, Rauch and Harris all have played in the majors - would they be considered to have "MLB service time" for purposes of a work stoppage?

Yes.For that matter all of them are also on the 40 man roster.

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 06:18 PM

Yes.For that matter all of them are also on the 40 man roster.

Well than there goes my whole theory.

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 06:22 PM
Alright I just looked it up Borchard and Hummel are the only two not on the 40 man roster. Everyone else is. In my original post I also forgot about Olivo, but he's also on the 40 man roster.