PDA

View Full Version : Craziest hot dogs in MLB

doublem23
05-15-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/05/major-league-baseball-hot-dogs-2012-ballpark-food.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+seriouseatsfeaturesvideos+%28 Serious+Eats%29

None from Chicago

DSpivack
05-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Those Food Network ones all sound terrible.

I like the one in Arizona.

doublem23
05-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Those Food Network ones all sound terrible.

I like the one in Arizona.

St. Louis Dog doesn't sound so bad as long as you can choke down provel. I hate it on pizza, but I'd be willing to try it on a dog. Overprocessed meat product and overprocessed cheese-like product sounds like match made in heaven.

DSpivack
05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
St. Louis Dog doesn't sound so bad as long as you can choke down provel. I hate it on pizza, but I'd be willing to try it on a dog. Overprocessed meat product and overprocessed cheese-like product sounds like match made in heaven.

BBQ sauce and cheese seems like an odd pairing, one I doubt I would like. Also, I don't think I would like chips as a topping--I think fries would work better.

doublem23
05-15-2012, 02:29 PM
BBQ sauce and cheese seems like an odd pairing, one I doubt I would like. Also, I don't think I would like chips as a topping--I think fries would work better.

BBQ sauce is basically just fancy ketchup.... Have you never had a BBQ Cheeseburger?

DSpivack
05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
BBQ sauce is basically just fancy ketchup.... Have you never had a BBQ Cheeseburger?

Maybe that's why I like vinegar-based BBQ sauces moreso than tomato-based ones. :cool:

TheOldRoman
05-15-2012, 02:43 PM
BBQ sauce and cheese seems like an odd pairing, one I doubt I would like. Also, I don't think I would like chips as a topping--I think fries would work better.I think chips would work better if there is a sauce on top. Fries would get soggy in a hurry.

Parrothead
05-15-2012, 10:43 PM
For real food insanitity check out the Akron Aeros menu....

They unleashed the infamous “three dog night upon the world. It was a hot dog stuffed inside a brat stuffed inside a kielbasa.

The "Nice 2 Meat You" Burger, is garnering national attention! The colossal creation of 1˝ lb. hamburger, stuffed with ˝ lb. hot dog and ˝ lb. of bacon, cheese, and onions.

"The Screamer" which is a five pound ice cream sundae, served in a full-size souvenir Aeros replica batting helmet. "The Screamer" is built on a one-pound chocolate brownie and includes 21 scoops of hand-dipped ice cream, 4 bananas, covered with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles. Fans can mix and match the following hand-dipped ice cream choices:

Moose Tracks
Buckeye Blitz
Cookies & Cream
Mint Chocolate Chip
Chocolate
Vanilla

The “Inside Out Burger” which “features two burgers on the outside, kielbasa, cheese, pulled pork, and the bottom part of a hamburger bun in the middle.”

soxfanatlanta
05-16-2012, 02:25 PM
My cholesterol just shot up to 300 after reading this.

SI1020
05-16-2012, 02:49 PM
Only about 4 or 5 of them interested me. I've heard the one in Minnesota is really good.

Southsider101
05-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Only about 4 or 5 of them interested me. I've heard the one in Minnesota is really good.

The Kramarczuk sausages at Target Field are a real highlight in a ball park filled with good eats. The brats, Hungarian and Polish are all delicious and of excellent quality. I can think of no other ball park where they sell Hungarian sausage. Kramarczuk's is a family owned deli in northeast Minneapolis which has been around for many years and was one of the most well received local eateries when their products were introduced at Target Field.

A. Cavatica
05-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Craziest hotdogs in MLB? That's easy, Rickey Henderson.

mark1529
05-19-2012, 05:41 PM
My cholesterol just shot up to 300 after reading this.

yeah buddy:D: