PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-13 KC BBQs the Sox, 9-1 Postgame crapfest

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 04:32 PM
Our hitting is an embarrassment.

LITTLE NELL
05-13-2012, 04:34 PM
KW, make some moves, this isn't working.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Scoring one run off the KC pen in 7.2 innings should cause Sox hitters to have to run laps around the warning track until they all puke.

And so as not to punish The Sodfather, the players have to clean it up as well.

Dick Allen
05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
KW, make some moves, this isn't working.What can he do, get rid of the players who don't belong in the Majors and bring up worse players who don't belong in the Majors? What an indictment on this **** organization..

amsteel
05-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Damnit, we're the 4th best team in the division aren't we?

DirtySox
05-13-2012, 04:40 PM
What can he do, get rid of the players who don't belong in the Majors and bring up worse players who don't belong in the Majors? What an indictment on this **** organization..

Indeed.

The moves that Kenny will make will involve trading pitching for prospects at some point before the deadline.

WhiteSox5187
05-13-2012, 04:42 PM
What can he do, get rid of the players who don't belong in the Majors and bring up worse players who don't belong in the Majors? What an indictment on this **** organization..

The thing that he can do that would help the White Sox the most in the long term is to step down immediately.

On the plus side, I love that the White Sox got some red alternate pullovers and jackets however I was very disappointed to see that they didn't give Gordon Beckham faux stirrups to wear to show the white sock that was on the Sox stirrups back in 1972.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2012, 04:43 PM
Decent weather for a change, decent crowd and more of the same.

4th blown game this year where the Sox took a lead into the 7th inning or later.

Another terrible offensive performance which didn't give the pitching staff any room for error.

Thornton seems to have lost it.

Finally the Sox have won one, count em' one series at home this season and that was the first one of the year.

If they can't win at home they have zero chance to get the fan base back into things.

Lip

Woofer
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Indeed.

The moves that Kenny will make will involve trading pitching for prospects at some point before the deadline.

Last place bound.:angry:

Lip Man 1
05-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Here's an indication as to how bad the hitting is. Sox scored seven runs total in three games against a pitching staff that was 12th in the league in ERA.

Lip

GoGoCrede
05-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you serious? YIKES.

LITTLE NELL
05-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Looks to me like Walker wasn't the problem. We just have a bunch of lousy hitters.
Whatever happened to players choking up and making contact. The Sox should bring out old film clips of Nellie Fox and maybe they can learn something.

LoveYourSuit
05-13-2012, 04:52 PM
This team has not bee able to hit the ball since 2006.

DirtySox
05-13-2012, 04:53 PM
Last place bound.:angry:

Nah. The Twins are dreadful. The Sox won't be that bad.

LITTLE NELL
05-13-2012, 04:57 PM
This team has not bee able to hit the ball since 2006.

I was going to mention that, right after the All Star break of 2006 this team has never been anywhere close to a good hitting team.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Nah. The Twins are dreadful. The Sox won't be that bad.

They haven't had the pleasure of playing us yet.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I was going to mention that, right after the All Star break of 2006 this team has never been anywhere close to a good hitting team.

The middle three months of 2008 (TCQ, Dye, Thome) were OK, although PK and Swisher stunk.

amsteel
05-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Here are my 2012 realistic White Sox goals:

-Adam Dunn wins comeback player of the year
-Peavy stays healthy enough to pick up an ML-ready everyday position player via trade.
-Beat out the Twins for 4th place

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

SI1020
05-13-2012, 05:02 PM

-Peavy stays healthy enough to pick up an ML-ready everyday position player via trade.

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT! I just wanted them to not stink (they do) and give some hope for the future (they don't). It could take years to fix this, with a lot of losing in the interim.

Dan H
05-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I am not going to spend my time getting upset because I had little expectations when the season began. Even less now. And if the young players don't start showing something, I won't have any expecations for next year, either.

TDog
05-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Our hitting is an embarrassment.

The hitting wasn't the problem for the White Sox today just as it wasn't the problem for the first-place Indians in Boston. Amd, really, for the White Sox this was a very winnable game, even with their offense, although the score screams laugher. It was a game where every move Ventura made was wrong, and not necessarily because he was making whet fans might consider the wrong move.

First, a right-handed Sunday lineup against a lefty has to face a righty when the southpaw goes down in the first. Even sending Dunn to stay out of the double play with Konerko up and a 3-2 count ended up running into a double play when Konerko took strike three. The Sox still held the lead with two outs in the top of the seventh when Ventura took out Humber with a runner on first. The game changed with Thornton's walk and a wild pitch, to set up the two run inning that changed the game. Kansas City was able to get more favorable pitching matchups once they grabbed the lead and especially after they extended it.

As it turned out, none of the relievers had any success today. Whether the score is 1-0 or 7-6, 2.1 innings of scoreless relief work shouldn't be too much to expect.

Today the bullpen was by far more embarrassing than the offense.

arKnaD7
05-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Today the bullpen was by far more embarrassing than the offense.

Yes, the bullpen was bad, but Luis Mendoza has a career ERA over 7 and the offense could only score 1 in 5.2 innings

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Scoring just 1 run in 18 innings against the 12th best pitching team in the AL indicates the lack of hitting was a major problem.

The Royals are a good hitting team and it is preposterous to think that you can shut them down for 18 innings, which given our pathetic offensive output is what would have been required for the Sox to split these last two games.

Yes, the bullpen was atrocious today, but that doesn't excuse or absolve the Sox pathetic hitting the last two days.

Soxman219
05-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Hire Walker.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2012, 05:44 PM
The bullpen may have been bad today, in part, (notice I said in part) because of the way things were handled on Saturday.

Consider Jones pitched over two innngs last night, warmed up and was brought into the game today. He simply might not be ready for that type of workload yet.

and another example is Stewart warming up in the first inning yesterday yet didn't get into the game until the 8th inning after having to warm up a second time.

Robin is a novice certainly and is still learning how to work his pitchers but I'm wondering what input Cooper had in these two examples the past two days that have me scratching my head.

And the bottom line is that sooner or later pitchers give up runs, if you only have one run as a margin for error against a bad pitching staff by just about any measure you want to use, you've got big problems.

The staff overall has pitched very well this year (six losses already if memory serves where they gave up three runs or less) They are doing their part, the hitting is flat atrocious yesteday, today and probably for the foreseeable future.

Lip

Crooked Number
05-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Great day at the ballpark with the family. Got a terrific view from sec 130. Highlights for me:

Dunn with a beautiful opposite field single

Multiple foul ball opportunities

My mom enjoyed her tote bag

Up until the 7th inning, it was a hell of a ballgame. Humber battled, and pitched very well. You would have never thought this was a 9-1 drubbing if you were there for the first 6 and two thirds.

Back to 4 under...

Oh, forgot - got a terrific view of Joe West being an *******.

October26
05-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I listened to this game while working in my garden with my daughter today. The weather was beautiful in Chicago but the outcome of this game sure was ugly. Sox pitching totally fell apart; Sox hitting was awful as well. Yikes!

sox230
05-13-2012, 05:57 PM
Looks to me like Walker wasn't the problem. We just have a bunch of lousy hitters.
Whatever happened to players choking up and making contact. The Sox should bring out old film clips of Nellie Fox and maybe they can learn something.

I think it's a combination of the two. Look at the marked improvement of Dunn, Rios and even Beckham as of late.

The real problem with the Sox is the entire organization. Jerry Reinsdorf has exhibited repeated ineptitude about picking executives and is delusionally puts loyalty in front of everything else. His philosophies regarding scouting and development have always been appauling. His business decisions screwed one generation out of ever seeing the Sox on TV, which has resulted in the Cubs taking over the city and Reinsdorf threatening to move the team in 1988.

I am really sick of the people that have said that Reinsdorf is the best owner this city has ever seen. First of all, please separate basketball from baseball. They are two different sports with two salary structures and other business differences.

Then, take a look at the Sox. Yes, we won one World Series. We have made the playoffs five years in 31 years under Reinsdorf. If that satisfies, please check your standards.

Noneck
05-13-2012, 06:01 PM
The hitting problem is not going to change. The Sox dont have enough players that can hit well, actually they have too many players that are starting, that shouldnt even be in the majors. The pitching situation is a work in progress. Look at the number of rookies on their relief staff. For them to pitch well, day in and day out is unheard of.

Noneck
05-13-2012, 06:11 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf has exhibited repeated ineptitude about picking executives and is delusionally puts loyalty in front of everything else.

I read this comment constantly here but how do we actually know if its loyalty or keeping employees that he is able to control?

TDog
05-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes, the bullpen was bad, but Luis Mendoza has a career ERA over 7 and the offense could only score 1 in 5.2 innings

Today he had strong defense played behind him and was facing a lineup that was assembled to face a lefty. This isn't a computer game where a player's past determines his future. Mendoza had dominated Konerko in the past, and Konerko drive in the run against him.

The Sox had the lead with two outs in the top of the seventh with a man on first and they lost the game. If the Sox are up by a run, the pitching matchups are different, and the Sox might score more. Regardless of your hitting, that's a game you need to win. Fams might have been more entertained if the Sox had scored four or five in the bottom of the ninth, but they still would have lost.

mahagga73
05-13-2012, 06:21 PM
looks like the farm system is finally catching up with them in a big way.Half the players they have now on the roster are not major league hitters.The only one I have any hope for is Gordon because he plays a great second base.

LITTLE NELL
05-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I think it's a combination of the two. Look at the marked improvement of Dunn, Rios and even Beckham as of late.

The real problem with the Sox is the entire organization. Jerry Reinsdorf has exhibited repeated ineptitude about picking executives and is delusionally puts loyalty in front of everything else. His philosophies regarding scouting and development have always been appauling. His business decisions screwed one generation out of ever seeing the Sox on TV, which has resulted in the Cubs taking over the city and Reinsdorf threatening to move the team in 1988.

I am really sick of the people that have said that Reinsdorf is the best owner this city has ever seen. First of all, please separate basketball from baseball. They are two different sports with two salary structures and other business differences.

Then, take a look at the Sox. Yes, we won one World Series. We have made the playoffs five years in 31 years under Reinsdorf. If that satisfies, please check your standards.

Great points. He was lucky enough to buy the Bulls about the same time Jordan stepped on the scene. One great player with a few other good players can win an NBA title. That does not work in Baseball.
For the most part he has run the Sox like a small market team with big market prices, Sox fans will not put up with that, thats why we are 28th out of 30 in attendance this year.

tstrike2000
05-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Our lineup could almost be called "Lifeless Row" instead of "Murderer's Row" coined for the '27 Yankees. Besides facing Konerko, Dunn, and maybe Rios, opposing pitchers are probably just frothing at the mouth.

tstrike2000
05-13-2012, 06:40 PM
KW, make some moves, this isn't working.

Maybe one of the moves could be KW himself.

TaylorStSox
05-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Great points. He was lucky enough to buy the Bulls about the same time Jordan stepped on the scene. One great player with a few other good players can win an NBA title. That does not work in Baseball.
For the most part he has run the Sox like a small market team with big market prices, Sox fans will not put up with that, thats why we are 28th out of 30 in attendance this year.
:scratch:

A month and a half into a rebuild and we're giving up on Viciedo? Awesome...

amsteel
05-13-2012, 06:50 PM
Here's a super depressing stat:

Going into today the White Sox pitching led the league in Opponent's:
Batting Average
On Base %
Slugging

And were 2nd in Opponent's:
Total Bases
Hit
Runs

SCCWS
05-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Today he had strong defense played behind him and was facing a lineup that was assembled to face a lefty. This isn't a computer game where a player's past determines his future. Mendoza had dominated Konerko in the past, and Konerko drive in the run against him.

Assembled???Wait a minute. The lineup had Lillibridge and Flowers inserted to face the lefty. But Dunn isn't even competitive against lefties so the net result was probably an overall advantage to the Sox with the lefty going down.

TomBradley72
05-13-2012, 07:25 PM
I knew our hitting sucked- but Thornton looks completely lost- his horse**** performance was very disheartening- both for the loss and what it means to our bullpen if he sucks- but even worse- his value as trade bait is plummeting.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 07:27 PM
I read this comment constantly here but how do we actually know if its loyalty or keeping employees that he is able to control?

Those are two sides of the same coin. As long as you are loyal to JR and the organization, and don't speak ill of him, your job is safe, regardless of results. OTOH, if you perform historically well but diss the organization, you'll find yourself on the outs. It's a hallmark of JR-led organizations. Just ask Phil Jackson. Or Greg Walker.

slavko
05-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Those are two sides of the same coin. As long as you are loyal to JR and the organization, and don't speak ill of him, your job is safe, regardless of results. OTOH, if you perform historically well but diss the organization, you'll find yourself on the outs. It's a hallmark of JR-led organizations. Just ask Phil Jackson. Or Greg Walker.

Walker dissed us? Which leaves one example. Not a huge sample size. Other teams like being dissed (is that a word?)? Ask Steve Stone.

Golden Sox
05-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I went to the game this past Friday and enjoyed the win. I haven't felt this good about leaving the Cell in a long time. I was hoping we would at least split the last 2 games with the Royals. Not only did the White Sox lose both games, they only scored a total of one run in those 2 games. I'm still hoping KW makes a couple of moves to beef up our offense and I hope he does it soon. I have no doubt in my mind that if this team doesn't do well the rest of the season, the White Sox will have a new GM next season.

Noneck
05-13-2012, 07:42 PM

I think being able to control someone is more than just being loyal to a company man. By being controlling, you have the say in all matters, you tell the employee what to do and your employee fulfills your wishes , no questions asked. And if the situation arises, the employee takes the blame for decisions they did not make, knowing their job will be safe.

Maybe we are saying the same thing here.

I will never use the term due to loyalty, when speaking why this person does what he does, I still think being able to control, fits the person and situation better.

FielderJones
05-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Great day at the ballpark with the family. Got a terrific view from sec 130. Highlights for me:

Dunn with a beautiful opposite field single

Multiple foul ball opportunities

My mom enjoyed her tote bag

Up until the 7th inning, it was a hell of a ballgame. Humber battled, and pitched very well. You would have never thought this was a 9-1 drubbing if you were there for the first 6 and two thirds.

Back to 4 under...

Oh, forgot - got a terrific view of Joe West being an *******.

I was in 130 as well, row 26. I got that foul ball off Alcides Escobar in the 7th, the scramble in the aisle after the ricochet off the facade. That was the first foul ball I've ever gotten in 41 years of going to Sox games. :bandance:

It had a pink paint scuff on it from the Escobar bat.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 07:45 PM
If the Sox jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the sixth and then the bullpen crapped the bed, losing 9-5, all the anger and vitriol rightfully would have been directed toward the bullpen.

Even so, no one is leaving the bullpen blameless here.

However, it is at least understandable that the Sox would surrender 14 runs over three games to the Royals hitters. Frankly it's more amazing that the Sox shut them out on Friday.

Yet it is completely inexplicable and totally inexcusable that the Sox would score just six runs in three games against the Royals' despicable pitching.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 07:50 PM
Walker dissed us? Which leaves one example. Not a huge sample size. Other teams like being dissed (is that a word?)? Ask Steve Stone.

No. Walker shows the opposite situation of Jackson. Walker said JR offered him a job working with Buddy Bell even after he stepped down/was removed as Sox hitting coach. That's because Walker was the consummate company man. The only reason he didn't take that job is because Atlanta hired him as their hitting coach.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Maybe we are saying the same thing here.

Pretty much, actually

Crooked Number
05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
I was in 130 as well, row 26. I got that foul ball off Alcides Escobar in the 7th, the scramble in the aisle after the ricochet off the facade. That was the first foul ball I've ever gotten in 41 years of going to Sox games. :bandance:

It had a pink paint scuff on it from the Escobar bat.

Wait, were you the guy who got the ball that was holding the child? If so I was in the same row about ten seats from you :cool:

GlassSox
05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice day at the game until I saw Thornton come trotting in from the bull pen. Humber looked much better today and he got his job done. So the bull pen implodes and the offense gets 1 run in 18 innings.

FielderJones
05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Wait, were you the guy who got the ball that was holding the child? If so I was in the same row about ten seats from you :cool:

No, I was the old guy in the Shoeless Joe Jackson jersey and cap that had to dive to my knees and smother the ball on the stairs. I was a few rows below you, row 26. The guy who caught the foul ball while holding the child was epic!

TommyGavinFloyd
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I passed on going to this one for free because I had a few things to do, thanks for not making me regret it, Sox.

samurai_sox
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I not gonna sugarcoat ****,

Get rid of Kenny Williams and get rid of him fast.

JB98
05-13-2012, 09:07 PM
From my perch in Sec. 533, I looked over the White Sox defensive alignment this afternoon and noted that Brent Lillibridge, Dayan Viciedo, Tyler Flowers, Eduardo Escobar, Brent Morel and Gordon Beckham were all out there.

I said to my mom, "This just isn't a very good club we're putting on the field today. Paulie, Dunn and Rios are the only ones who can play at this level."

As maddening as it is to get your ass kicked by the Royals, nobody should be surprised we lost this game given the lineup that was put out there this afternoon.

Humber did all he could. Hopefully, he's back on track after a few really rough outings.

Crooked Number
05-13-2012, 09:07 PM
No, I was the old guy in the Shoeless Joe Jackson jersey and cap that had to dive to my knees and smother the ball on the stairs. I was a few rows below you, row 26. The guy who caught the foul ball while holding the child was epic!

Nice! Yes, I pointed you out to my dad who was curious about your gear. How about that. In fact, at the park today I was kind of wondering how many fans at the game today posted on wsi. Found one heh.

Zakath
05-13-2012, 09:44 PM

SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!

They have to do better than the Cubs. I got a burger (Nick's in Lemont) riding on it.

Zakath
05-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Pretty sad that the first decent outing from Humber since the perfect game went to waste before the part of the bench he was sitting on got warm.

slavko
05-13-2012, 10:19 PM
No. Walker shows the opposite situation of Jackson. Walker said JR offered him a job working with Buddy Bell even after he stepped down/was removed as Sox hitting coach. That's because Walker was the consummate company man. The only reason he didn't take that job is because Atlanta hired him as their hitting coach.

You make sense and I agree. But I can't help thinking of Pippen who was the biggest disser (is that a word?) of all and was rewarded with a fat valedictory player contract followed by a good-paying Job Doing Nothing For Life.

ChiSoxGal85
05-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Pretty sad that the first decent outing from Humber since the perfect game went to waste before the part of the bench he was sitting on got warm.

Nice game by Humber, blown apart by the bullpen and the lack of offense. I didn't even watch the 9th inning; it just felt like one of THOSE games in whcih the Sox wouldn't muster up any offense late. Although I never would have guessed a 9-1 loss with Addison Reed going in to pitch. :mad:

Right now, Dunn and De Aza are the only semi-bright spots at the plate, and that's just not enough. Konerko is in a bit of a slump right now. AJ has come back down to earth. Rios is better that last year but inconsistent. Beckham and Morel are looking better recently, but not enough to hold up the team. The rest of the lineup can't seem to do much of anything.

StillMissOzzie
05-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Here's an indication as to how bad the hitting is. Sox scored seven runs total in three games against a pitching staff that was 12th in the league in ERA.

Lip

I only count 6 runs in those 3 games vs. the Royals, all the more to your point.

If the Sox jumped out to a 5-0 lead in the sixth and then the bullpen crapped the bed, losing 9-5, all the anger and vitriol rightfully would have been directed toward the bullpen.

Even so, no one is leaving the bullpen blameless here.

However, it is at least understandable that the Sox would surrender 14 runs over three games to the Royals hitters. Frankly it's more amazing that the Sox shut them out on Friday.

Yet it is completely inexplicable and totally inexcusable that the Sox would score just six runs in three games against the Royals' despicable pitching.

What he said. The Sox are back to making stumblebums and journeymen look like Cy Young against them. Scoring a total of 6 runs vs the Royals, we are lucky to have seen one victory out of that series.

SMO
:angry::mad:

Lip Man 1
05-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Ozzie:

You're right. My mistake. Six is even worse... against that staff... in a hitters ballpark.

Lip

BainesHOF
05-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Where are we going to find Major League hitters to play second, third and left?

doublem23
05-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Humber did all he could. Hopefully, he's back on track after a few really rough outings.

Big time agree, that was huge to see, however, in true Sox fashion, can't take a step forward without taking 1-2 back.

hawkjt
05-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Humber was a bright spot,and I really questioned why Robin took him out for Thornton. Humber was throwing the good breaking ball and he could have gotten them to the 8th with the lead. Might have been a different game,but what really burns me is Thornton...he is brought in to get a lefty,and he walks him...and then wild pitches them to 2nd and 3rd and promptly gives up a double to a guy who has no hits this year.

Thornton has lost it. Can't throw strikes to lefties,and cannot get rightys.
I was hoping he would be good enough to trade to a contender who needs a loogey anyway,but he is losing even that value.

Losing Jesse Crain has really hurt this bullpen. Rookies cannot lead a pen,and Thornton is incapable.

As for the hitting, it will turn around,it always does,but it will probably be too late.

Nellie_Fox
05-14-2012, 01:38 AM
As for the hitting, it will turn around,it always does...It didn't last year.

Sad
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
took Mom- we had a great time tailgating
was a decent game for awhile even though it was Lame'O LineUp Day :rolleyes:

don't understand Fukodome pinch-hitting :mad:
Thornton :angry:

we bailed in the 9th
6-1 by the time we were on bottom of ramp leaving
8-1 on the Dan Ryan
9-1 by IN tollroad
things went down the toilet in a hurry

every time these guys get a chance to get to .500 it's the same old crap
can't believe we're only 2 1/2 out...

Jerko
05-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Humber was a bright spot,and I really questioned why Robin took him out for Thornton. Humber was throwing the good breaking ball and he could have gotten them to the 8th with the lead. Might have been a different game,but what really burns me is Thornton...he is brought in to get a lefty,and he walks him...and then wild pitches them to 2nd and 3rd and promptly gives up a double to a guy who has no hits this year.

Thornton has lost it. Can't throw strikes to lefties,and cannot get rightys.
I was hoping he would be good enough to trade to a contender who needs a loogey anyway,but he is losing even that value.

Losing Jesse Crain has really hurt this bullpen. Rookies cannot lead a pen,and Thornton is incapable.

As for the hitting, it will turn around,it always does,but it will probably be too late.

That K Thornton had Friday (vs Hosmer IIRC?) guaranteed him another month of suckage I think.

hawkjt
05-14-2012, 10:35 AM
It didn't last year.

They started horribly last year and the year before also.
Then in June and July,they hit,then fall off in August,and then hit in Sept.
Familar pattern.
Last year they started 11-23,and the offense was very bad. By the end of the year they were in the middle of the pack(.252, 8 of 14) in BA.
In 2010,same deal. Started very bad, by the end (.268, 5 of 14).

We will see. Maybe this year the interleague games will not rescue the offense. Hope so. June cannot get here soon enough if they are waiting for NL teams to start hitting...of course,this week would be a nice time to get a jump on June.

Right now they are hitting .238, 11th of 14. They are 2.5 games out of first, 1.5 behind the Tigers,who are coming to town for 2 games. Sox face Smylie tonite, the rookies who has a 1.something ERA...and leads the league in that category last time I looked. Soft-tossing lefty,who gets it in on the rightys hands. Stoney and Hawks theory is that leftys have a better chance against this guy. I would not mind seeing Escobar at third again,altho as a switch hitter,he probably bats righty. Throw AJ,DeAza and Dunn out there and hope for the best. Win two vs the Tigers and everybodys attitude will improve,but Soxpark curse seems to be real,right now. Sox have not played well at home and that really stinks. Change it now,Sox!!

amsteel
05-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Where are we going to find Major League hitters to play second, third and left?

On whatever team we trade Peavy to?

Jerko
05-14-2012, 11:26 AM

just by memory, I think the perfect game was technically the last time this bunch won a series.

Lip Man 1
05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Jerko:

You are correct and the team is 8-13 since then.

Lip

#1swisher
05-14-2012, 05:33 PM
MLB

Royals LHP Danny Duffy diagnosed with torn ulnar collateral ligament in
left elbow. He's expected to get a 2nd opinion from Dr. Lewis Yocum.

doublem23
05-14-2012, 06:48 PM
MLB

Royals LHP Danny Duffy diagnosed with torn ulnar collateral ligament in
left elbow. He's expected to get a 2nd opinion from Dr. Lewis Yocum.

That's so Royals