PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-12 Royally Flushed Corpseball, KC 5 SOX 0 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
05-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Blech...

Frater Perdurabo
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
At least Morel had a hit, a walk and a stolen base.

Sale recovered nicely after that despicable first inning.

Jones pitched great.

Other than that this game sucked.

Win the series tomorrow.

ChiSoxGal85
05-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Sale looked all right after that mess of a first inning.

Konerko has been in a slump lately and he was really pissed after he struck out in the 9th.

Pretty lame game. Let's get them tomorrow.

05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Awful

Golden Sox
05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
If the Tank keeps tanking.(especially against right handed pitching) Will the White Sox bring up Jared Mitchell?

DickAllen72
05-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Blech...
Gordon Blechham. :tongue:

Frater Perdurabo
If the Tank keeps tanking.(especially against right handed pitching) Will the White Sox bring up Jared Mitchell?

I don't think it would make sense to rush Mitchell. I would give Fukudome a shot, or have Fukudome and Lillibridge platoon.

Zakath
Need to put Caution tape around this one. Do not enter.

Just take the series tomorrow. Humber needs to come out strong, because his last 3 outings since the perfecto have been garbage.

Lip Man 1
05-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Don't think Mitchell is in the immediate plans still needs time to come back from that injury.

Hochevar pitched tonight like he was pissed off he allowed 16 runs in his two previous starts.

Fourth time this year Sox have been shut out.

Lip

DickAllen72
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM
To me it looks like Viciedo needs to stand about a half step closer to the plate.

Zakath
05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
To me it looks like Viciedo needs to stand about a half step closer to the plate.

I thought he had moved up recently, but maybe it was a figment of my imagination. I don't see how he can reach the outside of the plate from where he is.

amsteel
05-12-2012, 11:19 PM
The White Sox woulnd't be the White Sox if there wasn't a ****ty KC pitcher that shuts them down.

Frontman
05-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Sale was awful tonight. Forget the first inning, he couldn't find the strike zone most of the night. He was average after the second.

And Ranger, I love ya m'man, but stop making excuses for poor pitching versus poor offense. Can't hang this one on lack of offense when the team is put into a hole before even taking their first at-bat.

All around garbage from both pitching, offense, and defense.

Make Mom's who are Sox fans happy tomorrow with a "W."

samurai_sox
05-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Don't think Mitchell is in the immediate plans still needs time to come back from that injury.

Hochevar pitched tonight like he was pissed off he allowed 16 runs in his two previous starts.

Fourth time this year Sox have been shut out.

Lip

That was 2 years ago, he already recovered from that injury.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-12-2012, 11:49 PM
This game was so ugly, it could have been a modern art masterpiece.

Weather sucked, effort sucked...I honestly felt cheated out of my time and money.

tstrike2000
05-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Feces. Come back tomorrow.

BainesHOF
05-13-2012, 01:02 AM
We're batting .237 as a team. Brutal. How much longer do Beckham, Morel and Viciedo remain in the lineup? You can't win consistently with three busts. Throw in Ramirez and his .199 average with .216 on-base percentage and it's pretty amazing we're only two games below .500. Then again, with the starting pitching we've received, it's sad that we're below .500.

Beckham can be sent down tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. He's produced a bit better lately, but he still doesn't look good up there. This is the second season of his nonsense. Enough already.

Morel looks like he's hitting uphill. I've never seen a hitter look less dangerous.

Obviously Viciedo isn't coming close to living up to expectations. At least Beckham and Morel field well. Viciedo is virtually useless.

I know Ramirez has a track record of heating up with the weather, but his offense to this point is completely unacceptable. Heading into 2011, he was on the verge of becoming an elite player in the league. But he's really been a disappointment offensively. At this point of his career, Ramirez should be leading the way as a talented player in his prime. Instead, he's contributing virtually nothing offensively.

Rios isn't cutting it either with one homer in 120 at-bats.

The team's 273 strikeouts lead the league and tops all but two National League clubs.

I don't want to watch this anemic offense all year. It's time to start making some moves even if they're just for building for the future.

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Morel looks like he's hitting uphill.A phrase I had never heard in my life until Hawk used it tonight. I've heard football announcers talk about running downhill (in fact, it has been terribly overused by people trying to sound analytical) but never before in baseball. I hope it doesn't catch on.

BainesHOF
05-13-2012, 02:01 AM
A phrase I had never heard in my life until Hawk used it tonight. I've heard football announcers talk about running downhill (in fact, it has been terribly overused by people trying to sound analytical) but never before in baseball. I hope it doesn't catch on.

Ha - I've never heard it used before in football. Anyway, I hope it's not apropos to Morel much longer. It's like he's just waving upward at the ball with no strength. It has to be the worst swing in baseball right now.

SI1020
05-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Ha - I've never heard it used before in football. Anyway, I hope it's not apropos to Morel much longer. It's like he's just waving upward at the ball with no strength. It has to be the worst swing in baseball right now. Because he is tentative and unsure I think. I had hoped that his late season improvement last year was a positive sign, but September stats are often misleading.

Zakath
05-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Rios isn't cutting it either with one homer in 120 at-bats.

I'm not sure where people got the idea that Rios is a home run hitter. He's never hit more than 24 in one season.

Rios is a doubles-and-triples hitter. He's doing exactly what they need him to do. He's a .275 lifetime hitter who's hitting .283 this year.

Right now, he's one of the least of our concerns.

The team's 273 strikeouts lead the league and tops all but two National League clubs.

That's a concern, if only for the reason that there's no such thing as a productive strikeout.

white sox bill
05-13-2012, 07:27 AM
5-0 for 2nd straight night, what comes around goes around....as for our awesome offense, I'll bet opposing pitchers are falling all over themselves wanting to pitch to us. Wanna drop the ERA a full point? Play the Sox

SCCWS
05-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Sale was awful tonight. Forget the first inning, he couldn't find the strike zone most of the night. He was average after the second.

Make Mom's who are Sox fans happy tomorrow with a "W."

Sale was in the strike zone close to 65% and he threw more strikes vs balls than the KC starter did. Most starters throw around 65% with 100+ pitches.

SI1020
05-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Sale was in the strike zone close to 65% and he threw more strikes vs balls than the KC starter did. Most starters throw around 65% with 100+ pitches. In the 1st inning 3 of his 5 pitches to Giovatella were strikes. The umpire only called 1.

slavko
05-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Because he is tentative and unsure I think. I had hoped that his late season improvement last year was a positive sign, but September stats are often misleading.

The "Hitting Against Callups" reasoning which somehow affected only him and not any of our other mopes. If he did it it then, he can do it again, sez I. Fix him. Right now, he's below mope level.

wilburaga
05-13-2012, 09:15 AM
A phrase I had never heard in my life until Hawk used it tonight. I've heard football announcers talk about running downhill (in fact, it has been terribly overused by people trying to sound analytical) but never before in baseball. I hope it doesn't catch on.

"It's all downhill from here" is one of those blessed English phrases that can mean two, almost opposite, things. Either it's things are going to get terrible, and more terrible, or it can mean the worst is over, and things are going to be easier from here. So I can safely declare that from this point in the Sox' season, "It's all downhill from here".

October26
05-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I have been out of town the last few days so just getting a chance to log into WSI and read up on the latest Sox happenings. I see that things are about the same with the team since I was last here - win one, lose one. Wish the Sox could get on a roll and rattle off a few wins.

It's Mother's Day and I'm hoping for a White Sox winner today - let's go boys!

hawkjt
05-13-2012, 09:41 AM
In the 1st inning 3 of his 5 pitches to Giovatella were strikes. The umpire only called 1.

Rob Drake totally squeezed the living hell outta Sale in the first couple of innnings,particularly the 1st.
Sox have had trouble with him before.
Where is it written in the rule book that a strike becomes a ball because the pitcher has thrown some balls early?

When you comibine that strike zone with the duck snort,and infield dribbler hit,and the error on Gordo, Sale had zero fortune that first inning.

He settled in and was solid the next 4 innings,so overall, after the perfect fecestorm,he was ok.

Can't say that for the offense. KC pitcher was not great early,but as usual the Sox refuse to take adavantage,and then the guy found his stuff. I was all prepared to see him get squeezed like Sale,but the Sox,starting with DeAza in his leadoff at bat,swung at ball 4 to let him off the hook.
DeAza walks,and get luenchover in the stretch right away, who knows?

I do remember some fans desperate to get Juan Pierre out of left field last year to get Dayan Viciedo in the lineup,and at this point,it looks like DeAza is the guy that they should have been clamoring for...Dayan looks lost up there.

SCCWS
05-13-2012, 09:53 AM
I do remember some fans desperate to get Juan Pierre out of left field last year to get Dayan Viciedo in the lineup,and at this point,it looks like DeAza is the guy that they should have been clamoring for...Dayan looks lost up there.

Is that the same Juan Pierre hitting .344 for the Phillies?

DirtySox
05-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Jared Mitchell still has a ways to go. He's also hitting .139/.205/.250 this month with an obscene number of strikeouts. He would struggle even worse than Dayan at the plate. The organization is in no position to be rushing any of the few prospects they have.

hawkjt
05-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Is that the same Juan Pierre hitting .344 for the Phillies?

Yea, the same one that went on a hitting streak starting in June and pulled his numbers up to very respectable level.

Some fans have too little patience for slow starters...if guys have historys of coming back to their normal numbers by the end of the year,ya gotta live with the slow starts...like with Alexei,and Viciedo.

As a team the Sox usually are very good in June,especially vs the NL..if that does not happen,then it might be time to look at moving some vets in July for prospects,but lets hope that does not happen.

kittle42
05-13-2012, 12:56 PM
As a team the Sox usually are very good in June,especially vs the NL..if that does not happen,then it might be time to look at moving some vets in July for prospects,but lets hope that does not happen.

It will happen. This team is not built for a 2012 run. Do you seriously think we'd be better served going for it if we are in, say, 6-7 games of first at the deadline because Detroit hasn't gotten their heads out of their butts yet? No way.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
It will happen. This team is not built for a 2012 run. Do you seriously think we'd be better served going for it if we are in, say, 6-7 games of first at the deadline because Detroit hasn't gotten their heads out of their butts yet? No way.

Performance may dictate whether they trade just a few vets who aren't likely to be here in 2013 (Peavy, Thornton, Ohman), or back up the truck and blow it up (Paulie, Alexei).

Wedema
05-13-2012, 09:18 PM
This was a brutal game to be at-- especially sitting in the rain for about 3 innings. It actually rained harder during the game then during the rain delay before the start of the game.

BainesHOF
05-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure where people got the idea that Rios is a home run hitter. He's never hit more than 24 in one season.

Rios is a doubles-and-triples hitter. He's doing exactly what they need him to do. He's a .275 lifetime hitter who's hitting .283 this year.

Right now, he's one of the least of our concerns.

Yes, there are bigger concerns because those concerns are completely awful. But it's not okay for an American League right fielder to hit .283 and be on pace for a three or four homer season. Throw in the money he's making and Rios is a huge bust. He's most definitely not doing exactly what the Sox need him to do.