PDA

View Full Version : Question, somewhat legal.

Dadawg_77
07-23-2002, 02:44 PM
The back of every ticket stub, say the Sox can refuse adamation to for any ticket be refunding the face value. Now, if they took a way season tickets form somebody, would they have to refund remaining tickets?

duke of dorwood
07-23-2002, 02:55 PM
They'll take your Fisk bobblehead too. I believe they do not have to refund $ if there is a breach of behavior (serious) by a fan.

Cheryl
07-23-2002, 02:57 PM
When I got thrown out of the old park, I didn't get a refund. They even took my ticket stub and told me not to come back that night.

SI1020
07-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
When I got thrown out of the old park, I didn't get a refund. They even took my ticket stub and told me not to come back that night. Like Claude Rains in the movie Casablanca I'm "shocked,shocked" that you would get thrown out of any place. You seem quite civilized.

Cheryl
07-23-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by SI1020
Like Claude Rains in the movie Casablanca I'm "shocked,shocked" that you would get thrown out of any place. You seem quite civilized.

Why thanks, SI. Once you're around for a while, you'll know better. :o:

Dadawg_77
07-23-2002, 03:46 PM
I am not talking about the game, I am just wondering if they revoke the season tickets.

Cheryl
07-23-2002, 03:52 PM
I can't see how they could revoke season tickets without a refund. Or at all, actually.

Dadawg_77
07-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I can't see how they could revoke season tickets without a refund. Or at all, actually.

The Bears did it to that one guy last year, not sure if it was in the middle of the season or not.

alohafri
07-23-2002, 04:00 PM
DaDawg, I don't understand the question--could you tell me the exact wording on the ticket and I'll ask the resident attorney

---Mrs. Aloha

steff
07-23-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
DaDawg, I don't understand the question--could you tell me the exact wording on the ticket and I'll ask the resident attorney

---Mrs. Aloha

"The holder is admitted on condition and by use of this ticket agrees that:

bla, bla, bla...

(the bottom paragraph before the "warning" on the back of the ticket states this:

The liscense granted by this may be terminated upon breach of:
(a) the predecing (basically don't tape the game and use it, etc.. MLB owns the rights, etc..) or
(b) the Comsikey Park rules and regulations, and may also be terminated by tendering the face value of this ticket to the holder"

alohafri
07-23-2002, 04:41 PM
It appears that they could take away the remainder of someone's season tix, but you'd have to look at the season ticket holder agreement...chances are that it was written to the Sox' advantage, and getting a refund for any remaining tickets would probably be difficult.

MarkEdward
07-23-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

The Bears did it to that one guy last year, not sure if it was in the middle of the season or not.

Wasn't that the guy that gave his tickets to a friend for one game, only to have the friend get kicked out of the game?