PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5-10 All is right with the universe, SOX 5 KC 0 Postgamer

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Let's sweep these guys...

JB98
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
It's kinda nice that Rios has rediscovered right field and right center. There are a lot of hits out there.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-11-2012, 11:06 PM
The Sox win at home?

That's unpossible!

Zakath
05-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Gavin with his 4th solid performance in a row (did load the bases in the 2nd and the 8th with less than 2 outs, and we got out of both of them without surrendering a run), Dunn equals his HR total from last year AND DOESN'T STRIKE OUT, and some nice hitting from Beckham and Rios in clutch situations.

And it was a really nice day outside today.

Life is good.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Nice win, even better to see Dunn stop his streak of consecutive games with a strike out dating back to last year. Just read that today, can't remember if it was in the Sun-Times or the Tribune but it was the record as far as anyone could tell.

Lip

johnnyg83
05-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Love Friday wins ... Makes Saturday morning coffee, newspaper and highlights oh so enjoyable.

Zakath
05-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Love Friday wins ... Makes Saturday morning coffee, newspaper and highlights oh so enjoyable.

Let's do it again next week... in Wrigley.

fram40
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Nice win, even better to see Dunn stop his streak of consecutive games with a strike out dating back to last year. Just read that today, can't remember if it was in the Sun-Times or the Tribune but it was the record as far as anyone could tell.

Lip

Per Thursday's SunTimes, the record is Bill Stoneman with 37 games in '71-72. Dunn is stopped at 36 games.

SoxSpeed22
05-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Excellent all-around win. Gavin made the right pitches, they executed greatly tonight and took advantage of miscues, the Escobar stolen base and advancing to third, while De Aza drove him in, stuck out the most. I also like the way Beckham has been handling the bat.

ChiSoxGal85
Nice (mostly) comfortable win, against a team that pretty much owned the Sox at the Cell last year. :bandance:

ElevenUp
Great game all around. So good that we went back in time.:tongue:

chisoxfanatic
05-11-2012, 11:24 PM
To win the division, you've gotta paste the crap teams. With almost half the schedule done with the Tribe and Tigers, we need to really gain lots of ground with these games against KC and Minnesota. The Sox did just that for a night...Let it continue tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
05-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Bill Stoneman the pitcher? Interesting. Considering he's a pitcher I don't know if that should really count :smile: but either way Dunn ending it is good for everyone.

Lip

ChicagoG19
05-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Excellent win. Don't stop now boys!

TDog
05-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Gavin with his 4th solid performance in a row (did load the bases in the 2nd and the 8th with less than 2 outs, and we got out of both of them without surrendering a run), Dunn equals his HR total from last year AND DOESN'T STRIKE OUT, and some nice hitting from Beckham and Rios in clutch situations.

And it was a really nice day outside today.

Life is good.

When your complaint with the starter is that he was forced to pitch out of a bases-laded, one out jam to keep the game scoreless, you really don't have any complaints. Actuall, the Whtie Sox pitched out of two such jams in recording the shutout. Meanwhile, the first four runs for the White Sox came with two outs -- a solo home run, a single after a single and a stolen base with two out and none on, and a two-run triple.

The first three hitters in the White Sox lineup tonight outhit the Royals. Fortunately, it wasn't an issue that the Royals outhit the last six hitters in the Sox lineup (although that was where they found the two-out, two-run triple). An impressive outing by Floyd even if he couldn't get through the eighth.

It was interesting that the Royals briought in a southpaw releiver to face Dunn with the game seeming out of hand and still walked him. You would think in the first game of the series they would have stayed with the righty and wait for a tighter situation instead of giving Dunn a chance for essentially a free look at him. Maybe that will benefit the Sox later this weekend.

palehozenychicty
05-11-2012, 11:47 PM
A solid win. Beckham has hit the ball better since Cleveland. Floyd has been fine. I still don't know if the hitting is good enough to get on a long streak. But they'll try.

johnnyg83
05-11-2012, 11:55 PM
A solid win. Beckham has hit the ball better since Cleveland. Floyd has been fine. I still don't know if the hitting is good enough to get on a long streak. But they'll try.

Starting pitching with Floyd, Sale and Peavy will be good for stopping long streaks of losing.

LoveYourSuit
05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Beckham and Rios hitting the ball to RF is a sign of hope.

slavko
05-12-2012, 12:30 AM

Lip

I don't care about the K's if he produces like he has. Does anyone?

palehozenychicty
05-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Starting pitching with Floyd, Sale and Peavy will be good for stopping long streaks of losing.

The staff is excellent. The lineup is subpar.

GoGoCrede
05-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Finally! I leave to go to a movie and come back and they've won. Looks like I've broken my weekend curse of leaving the house with the Sox in the lead and then having them lose when I came home.

Zakath
05-12-2012, 12:45 AM

Not all K's are equal. I don't care about bases empty, 2-out K's. K's with RISP and less than 2 outs = :angry:.

tstrike2000
05-12-2012, 12:49 AM
GoGoCrede is in Heaven.

GoGoCrede
05-12-2012, 12:53 AM
GoGoCrede is in Heaven.

:) I wish I'd been there to see Gavin get the win.

DumpJerry
05-12-2012, 01:13 AM
Per Thursday's SunTimes, the record is Bill Stoneman with 37 games in '71-72. Dunn is stopped at 36 games.

Bill Stoneman the pitcher? Interesting. Considering he's a pitcher I don't know if that should really count :smile: but either way Dunn ending it is good for everyone.

Lip
Dunn holds the record for position players.

TaylorStSox
05-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Beckham and Rios hitting the ball to RF is a sign of hope.
Every time I see an outside pitch to Rios, I think scouting in baseball isn't taken seriously. He's owned the outside of the plate all year. Why would a pitcher even go out there? He doesn't pull the ball much anymore. I hope the rest of the league doesn't catch on.

hawkjt
05-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Nice win. Would be great if Gordo could find a home hitting 2nd,giving the Sox a nice top 6 in the lineup with DeAza,Gordo,Dunn,PK,AJ and Alex...then get Dayan going,and Alex has his summer resurgance and boom!..you got a lineup. I see where Inge has 12 RBIs in his 5 games for Oakland,with 4 homers....he could have helped at third.

cards press box
05-12-2012, 06:10 AM
Always nice to say

:winner

and especially nice to say that at home. Hope the Sox go on a nice roll.

doublem23
05-12-2012, 11:08 AM

No doubt someone would. Grounding out is so much more grindy.

bluedemon45
05-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Baseball is fun to watch again.

asindc
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
No doubt someone would. Grounding out is so much more grindy.

... and has the possibility of moving runners up or even scoring a run, something a strikeout can't do.

slavko
05-12-2012, 03:32 PM
... and has the possibility of moving runners up or even scoring a run, something a strikeout can't do.

Here's something a strikeout can't do:Hit into a double play.

asindc
05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Here's something a strikeout can't do:Hit into a double play.

The overwhelming advantage of possibly scoring or moving runners along when hitting the ball in play vs. striking out so far outweighs the risk of hitting into a double play it is not even worth discussing. Having to even type that sentence is baffling. If a player ever is given the choice between the two, he obviously should take hitting the ball in play every time. Obviously.

Nellie_Fox
05-13-2012, 01:40 AM
No doubt someone would. Grounding out is so much more grindy.Ah, the old "false dichotomy" that just won't go away.