PDA

View Full Version : Twins send Danny Valencia to AAA, Liriano to the bullpen

Foulke You
05-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Heads are starting to roll in the twin cities for their poor start. Liriano has been wildly inconsistent his whole career so his poor start isn't really surprising. Valencia however, has really fallen on hard times since his breakout 2010 season:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/150856685.html

mzh
05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
You mean struggling players get sent down sometimes? Unheard of.

tstrike2000
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Valencia, another guy in the decade long list of Sox killers that Minnesota had, but those days seem to be gone, at least for now.

SoxSpeed22
05-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Valencia seemed to fit the profile of 'the no-talent jackass that they would call up and ride him to the postseason, then he would fall off a cliff' player that we were so used to being annoyed by. I don't think anyone will miss him. And I am even more annoyed that we got no-hit by that inconsistent pitcher. If it was 06 Liriano, then it would be easier to handle.

DumpJerry
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Well, the good news for Twins fans is that they won't have fret about facing the Yankees in the playoffs this year.

SoxSpeed22
05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Well, the good news for Twins fans is that they won't have fret about facing the Yankees in the playoffs this year.They will have to hold off on setting the playoff record for longest losing streak.

PKalltheway
05-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Twins owner Jim Pohlad has given Ron Gardenhire and GM Terry Ryan the dreaded "vote of confidence."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Twins_owner_has_100_percent_confidence_in_Terry_Ry an_Ron_Gardenhire050712

Twins are last in the AL in runs scored with 102, and are last in the majors in ERA at 5.48. This is an absolutely dreadful team. Even though it isn't Gardenhire's fault the team is so bad, the managerial hot seat has turned up quite a few notches for him.

thomas35forever
05-11-2012, 02:12 AM
I would have laughed if you told me last year around this time that the Twins would be God-awful a year from now. Unbelievable how far off they've fallen. I almost feel bad for them. ALMOST.

DirtySox
05-11-2012, 07:58 AM
The Twins are terrible and it wasn't hard to see a repeat of last season. More so, the farm is pretty awful too. They have no pitching worth mentioning. It's going to be a bit before the Twins are ready to compete again.

asindc
05-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I would have laughed if you told me last year around this time that the Twins would be God-awful a year from now. Unbelievable how far off they've fallen. I almost feel bad for them. ALMOST.

When you let go J.J. Hardy and Orlando Hudson to allow below-replacement level players to start, when your best player is a young catcher with a bad back who doesn't hit for much power even when at his healthiest, when your ace is Carl Pavano, I don't know how much you can realistically expect. And that is all before Cuddyer and Kubel were allowed to walk via FA.

Twins_Morneau
05-11-2012, 03:02 PM
They are in full desperation right now, one-third of the lineup changes weekly with call ups and waiver wire pick ups. And Mauer is getting hammered by fans.

Chez
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
The answer to the Twins' problem is obvious: Need More Dinkleman.