PDA

View Full Version : Security restrictions at comiskey?

ode to veeck
07-23-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm in Chicago this week and am taking my father in law to see the sox crush the twinkies tomorrow (ever the optimist).

I wanted to bring in my Nikon D1X with the 300/2.8, so I was wondering if anyone at WSI knows the current restrictions on bags / camera cases at Comiskey? I've seen a variety of rules enforced at ballparks since 9/11, and changing restrictions at some parks through the course of the season.

In SF/Oak there's a specific size limit for bags/packs thats line 12"x12"x17" or something similar (different from the beginning of the season)

What's the current situation at Comiskey?

Ode

Cheryl
07-23-2002, 11:56 AM
I would check the official website for an official answer, but I know from going to the game they will search any bag being brought in. The search is painless, especially if you have the bag open for them when you walk in.

They never did find my flask, not even once.

ode to veeck
07-23-2002, 11:56 AM
found it on a second attempt of the sox site http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide.jsp#s

C
CARRY-IN ITEMS

What kinds of items can I bring into the park?
Guests are permitted to bring the following items into Comiskey Park:

Food carried in a small, clear (see-through) plastic bag. One sealed plastic bottle of water, one liter in size or less. Small purses and fanny packs (8"x8"x6" in size or less) which are subject to search. Diaper bags (12"x12"x6" in size or less), which are subject to search, and sealed juice boxes.

Please DO NOT bring the following items to the park, as they are not permitted inside. There are no checking facilities for these items:

Large bags, large purses, backpacks, duffel bags, camera bags or cooler. Bottles, cans or other beverages of any kind, except those noted above. We thank you for your cooperation in this matter.