PDA

View Full Version : WEIRD Scheduling

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2012, 10:08 PM
This weekend, I was curious as to who the Sox would play the rest of the month, so I consulted the schedule. I noticed that, after playing 5 at home, they go out to Anaheim for a 2-game series, flying right back to Chicago after that. What kind of nonsense is this? Couldn't that series be inserted in a west coast swing?

Tragg
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
We also play Cleveland again this month....3 series against them in a month.

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
We also play Cleveland again this month....3 series against them in a month.
Yea, I saw that too...But, this brief 2-game stint IN ANAHEIM, I just cannot wrap my mind around! It would be 1 thing if it were in Detroit, KC, or someplace else rather close...But ANAHEIM???

DSpivack
05-08-2012, 10:24 PM
Yea, I saw that too...But, this brief 2-game stint IN ANAHEIM, I just cannot wrap my mind around! It would be 1 thing if it were in Detroit, KC, or someplace else rather close...But ANAHEIM???

On top of that, no off days before or after the series.

DumpJerry
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
They're going to Disneyland. What's the big deal?

sox1970
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
After May 27, the Sox don't play the Indians until September 24. They'll play 104 games without facing one of their division opponents.

Lamp81
05-08-2012, 11:13 PM
In this day and age, where everyone tries to be Earth Friendly, why send a team to the West Coast for a quick 2 game series? If the plane has to fly West, schedule multiple series.

I am hoping that when Interleague Play becomes all season long, if we have to play the Angels, we can also play the Dodgers and/or Padres on the same trip.

I know making a 30 team schedule can't be easy, but fuel usage should be taken into account.

Zakath
05-09-2012, 05:21 AM
After May 27, the Sox don't play the Indians until September 24. They'll play 104 games without facing one of their division opponents.

While playing them 12 times in the first 48.

Realize that we also haven't seen two of our division rivals yet. Unfortunately, it's been the two that really suck.

The Sox only play one division series in the month of June (3 games in Minnesota June 25-27). After the 3-game series with KC this weekend, we won't see the Royals again until after the All-Star break (and I'd like to thank them ahead of time for not giving the Sox a day getaway game in September when the Sox play in Anaheim the next night).

doublem23
05-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Meh, I'm sure when trying to fit 30 teams into a 162-game schedule there are a few times when the pieces don't make perfect sense.

Yeah, it is weird, but these guys fly first class all the way with all the creature comforts. It's not like they're riding coach on Amtrak. I'm sure they'll be OK.

chisoxfanatic
05-09-2012, 07:22 AM
While playing them 12 times in the first 48.

Realize that we also haven't seen two of our division rivals yet. Unfortunately, it's been the two that really suck.

The Sox only play one division series in the month of June (3 games in Minnesota June 25-27). After the 3-game series with KC this weekend, we won't see the Royals again until after the All-Star break (and I'd like to thank them ahead of time for not giving the Sox a day getaway game in September when the Sox play in Anaheim the next night).
Unfortunately??? I think it's fortunate that we haven't had any games with them, yet still appear to be treading water here. We are almost halfway through our games with the two toughest teams in the division. That means that the divisional schedule can only get easier...on paper. That's a GOOD thing!

hawkjt
05-10-2012, 03:26 PM
This day off represents almost a halfway point to decision time for Kenny.

Currently,Sox are 15-17, 3 games back of leader Tribe, 1 game behind Tigers.

The next 28 games,23 are in Chicago. At the end of that stretch, it will be almost mid-June,60 games into the schedule...the time when Kenny starts to fish or cut bait to get the jump on the July trading deadline.

Now, Sox have played miserably in Chicago the last season and this year,so if that continues, they might be buried by June 14. If they start getting hot at home, they could be in good shape by then.

On paper,it is a decent stretch of games vs teams the Sox have a shot at....they need to go on one of those interleague hot streaks.

bigsoxfan420
05-10-2012, 03:35 PM
This weekend, I was curious as to who the Sox would play the rest of the month, so I consulted the schedule. I noticed that, after playing 5 at home, they go out to Anaheim for a 2-game series, flying right back to Chicago after that. What kind of nonsense is this? Couldn't that series be inserted in a west coast swing?

I guess they are not interested in the carbon footprint of MLB teams.

BigKlu59
05-11-2012, 09:52 PM
This day off represents almost a halfway point to decision time for Kenny.

Currently,Sox are 15-17, 3 games back of leader Tribe, 1 game behind Tigers.

The next 28 games,23 are in Chicago. At the end of that stretch, it will be almost mid-June,60 games into the schedule...the time when Kenny starts to fish or cut bait to get the jump on the July trading deadline.

Now, Sox have played miserably in Chicago the last season and this year,so if that continues, they might be buried by June 14. If they start getting hot at home, they could be in good shape by then.

On paper,it is a decent stretch of games vs teams the Sox have a shot at....they need to go on one of those interleague hot streaks.

Here's hoping home cooking has them 10 up by Independence Day..:D:

Hey CSF... Why the angst? You're a Hawks fan and you've seen some atrocious scheduling for the pucksters as well. I think Jerry's on to something..Looks like a day with Charlie Sheen at Disneyland :bandance:

BK59

chisoxfanatic
05-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Here's hoping home cooking has them 10 up by Independence Day..:D:

Hey CSF... Why the angst? You're a Hawks fan and you've seen some atrocious scheduling for the pucksters as well. I think Jerry's on to something..Looks like a day with Charlie Sheen at Disneyland :bandance:

BK59
It's out of necessity as the Hawks have both the Circus trip and the even longer Ice Capades trip. The Sox have no outside circumstances to impact their schedule, as they're the lone tenant at Comiskey.

thomas35forever
05-12-2012, 01:36 PM
They're going to Disneyland. What's the big deal?
True that. I wouldn't complain either.