PDA

View Full Version : Walker: "I Stayed Longer Than I Should Have"

thomas35forever
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Another Reinsdorf loyalist comes out:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/05/08/walker-it-was-time-for-me-to-go/

BringBackBlkJack
05-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Makes sense to me. Here in Atlanta he's managed to do great things for Freddie Freeman and Jason Heyward.

hawkjt
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I heard the interview this morning,and I thought he played it very close to the vest.

He did say he had lost some spark,energy,enthusiasm last year,and he did not like how he performed. Said he let outside opinion impact how he did his job.

Sometimes change is good,and in Walkers case,this might be true.
I still think he is a good guy,and a good coach,but he needed to get into a new dynamic in Atlanta.

He did not point fingers at Ozzie,Kenny or Coop,but made it clear some guys liked some like brothers,and others,not so much...read,coop and kenny,I presume.

Lip Man 1
05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-former-hitting-coach-greg-walker-cites-mistakes-made-with-chicago-white-sox-20120508,0,1884307.story

Lip

Brian26
05-08-2012, 08:30 PM
happy warrior at 2:23 PM May 8, 2012 In 5 years they will be seriously talking about moving to Vegas and Memphis. There may be no short term strategy, but make no mistake, there is a long term one.

:rolleyes:

I'm always mad at myself after I waste my time to click on the comments sections of these newspaper articles.

slavko
05-09-2012, 12:57 AM
:rolleyes:

I'm always mad at myself after I waste my time to click on the comments sections of these newspaper articles.

It's on the Internet, so it must be true.

Lip Man 1
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Walker talks more about his days with the Sox to Sully. Says if he didn't get the Braves offer he'd still be in the organization as an assistant to Buddy Bell:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-walker-has-no-regrets-over-leaving-white-sox-20120509,0,1605565.story

Lip

dickallen15
05-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Walker talks more about his days with the Sox to Sully. Says if he didn't get the Braves offer he'd still be in the organization as an assistant to Buddy Bell:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-walker-has-no-regrets-over-leaving-white-sox-20120509,0,1605565.story

Lip
He's about as classy as they come. A far better coach than fans gave him credit.

Frontman
05-09-2012, 10:39 PM
I wish him well, but he and the team needed the change. Sometimes that's all it takes to improve both the coach and the team. Sounds like he's had success down in Atlanta, and I hope that continues for him.

soxfanreggie
05-11-2012, 12:22 AM
I wish him well, but he and the team needed the change. Sometimes that's all it takes to improve both the coach and the team. Sounds like he's had success down in Atlanta, and I hope that continues for him.

I'm with you there that change was needed and also wishing him the best.

kufram
05-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Knowing nothing about what the cause and effect a hitting coach has on player performance I can't judge Mr. Walker as a coach. It is sometimes easier to make a judgement from the outside or after the event than it is when you are in the middle of it. Happily, at the moment, both team and man seem better off.

One thing is certain in my mind, though, is that Greg Walker kept his dignity throughout his tenure sometimes under very stressful circumstances.

Some of his detractors, at times, were unable to do that.

asindc
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Knowing nothing about what the cause and effect a hitting coach has on player performance I can't judge Mr. Walker as a coach. It is sometimes easier to make a judgement from the outside or after the event than it is when you are in the middle of it. Happily, at the moment, both team and man seem better off.

One thing is certain in my mind, though, is that Greg Walker kept his dignity throughout his tenure sometimes under very stressful circumstances.

Some of his detractors, at times, were unable to do that.

Well said.