PDA

View Full Version : DeWayne Wise back in the Majors

Chez
05-05-2012, 08:18 AM
With the Yankees. Got a pinch double last night and looks like he could be part of a leftfield platoon with [*gulp*] Jayson Nix. Happy for DeWayne.

GoGoCrede
05-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Good for him, seriously. Always liked him.

HomeFish
05-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Good for him. Dislike Ozzie for playing him too much all you want, but I don't think any true Sox fan should dislike DeWayne Wise. Guy always hustled and played beyond his ability.

asindc
05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Good for him. Dislike Ozzie for playing him too much all you want, but I don't think any true Sox fan should dislike DeWayne Wise. Guy always hustled and played beyond his ability.

Perfectly stated.

doublem23
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Absolutely. Not his fault he was put in so many bad positions.

Good luck, DeWayne.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-05-2012, 03:57 PM
I always liked him, and he should be a permanent part of White Sox history because without him, there is no Buehrle perfect game.

Brian26
05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I always liked him, and he should be a permanent part of White Sox history because without him, there is no Buehrle perfect game.

Perhaps of more important note, Wise one was on the best offensive weapons the Sox pulled out against the Rays in the 2008 playoffs, taking playing time away from Swish and producing some big hits.

Tragg
05-05-2012, 08:50 PM
It's nice to see those inverted AL East standings. They may stay that way for a while.

Wise didn't put himself in the lineup. And he had 2 2-week periods in 2008, the best of his career, that were good for us. I'll agree with that much.

But his career OBP remains at .257.

soxfanreggie
05-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Good for him, seriously. Always liked him.

Same here! I will cheer for well-liked ex-Sox players as long as they aren't playing us or could hurt our playoff chances.

CWSpalehoseCWS
05-08-2012, 03:34 AM
Perfectly stated.

I see what you did there!

D-Wise was a hustler and decent 4th OF. Ozzie just never understood how to play him correctly.

RKMeibalane
05-08-2012, 03:38 AM

D-Wise was a hustler and decent 4th OF. Ozzie just never understood how to play him correctly.

I'm not sure Ozzie understands how to do anything correctly. :cool:

russ99
05-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Who else did he have? And please don't continue to state a case for a specific player who couldn't hit.

Good luck to Wise. I always thought he got a raw deal from a certain sector of the fanbase (who liked to boo), but he went out there and played the best he could for us.

JB98
05-08-2012, 01:28 PM
D-Wise is a limited player who has managed to hang around in pro ball for a long time. He's a survivor. I respect that.

Dibbs
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
The only bigger joke than playing DWise every day would be if you played Mark Kotsay every day.

Thanks Ozzie!

Tragg
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Who else did he have? And please don't continue to state a case for a specific player who couldn't hit.

Good luck to Wise. I always thought he got a raw deal from a certain sector of the fanbase (who liked to boo), but he went out there and played the best he could for us.

Pretty much anyone on the roster would have been a better choice for LEADOFF, which is where Ozzie put him. And pretty much anyone would have been a better choice to start, considering Wise's sub .260 career OBP.