PDA

View Full Version : MLB & NCAA Discussion Partnership for College Baseball

Viva Medias B's
05-04-2012, 10:35 PM
According to CBS Sports, the NCAA and Major League Baseball are discussing a partnership that would enhance college baseball. As a fan of college baseball, I'd love to see this.

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/18955297/ncaa-mlb-in-talks-for-partnership-to-help-college-baseball)

Among other things, this could bring wooden bats back to college baseball. I can tolerate the "ping" of the metal bat, but wooden bats in college baseball would be awesome.

Lip Man 1
05-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Using wooden bats again will help the development of players drafted into the minors. It's a big difference between swinging metal and swinging wood and it takes time to adjust.

That would be a good thing for everyone if this happened.

Lip

Lamp81
05-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Is this a way for MLB to use the NBA model, where there is a Minor League, but most players are trained in college.

Could see MLB teams going with only 1 A team and eliminating the Rookie and the 2nd A team.

Nellie_Fox
05-05-2012, 12:16 AM
We have an outstanding baseball team here at Minnesota State, and have had for years. I don't go watch them because of aluminum bats. If they went to wood, that might be fun.