PDA

View Full Version : Jimenez a clubhouse cancer?

MaggPipes
07-23-2002, 11:12 AM
It has been an injury-racked season for the Padres, who going into the weekend had scored one or no runs in 25 percent of their games. Plus, their Double-A and Triple-A teams are at the bottom of the Texas League and Pacific Coast League in runs scored. But with Phil Nevin coming back, Sean Burroughs in Portland learning to play second base and Xavier Nady on the horizon, Kevin Towers has reason to believe that the Pads are close to having a potent offensive team to take into their new park in 2004.

"We're optimistic that Sean can play second," says Towers. "We're leaving him there for six weeks. If it works, then with Ryan Klesko and Nevin at the corners, Burroughs at second and Mark Kotsay and Nady in the outfield, we have the makings of a pretty darned good offense." Burroughs would be the 11th regular second baseman in San Diego since Bret Boone was allowed to walk, but they had to move D'Angelo Jimenez for clubhouse purposes

duke of dorwood
07-23-2002, 11:29 AM
:hitless

Out with the old. In with the same I guess.

soxtalker
07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Burroughs would be the 11th regular second baseman in San Diego since Bret Boone was allowed to walk, but they had to move D'Angelo Jimenez for clubhouse purposes

Oh, no!

Where's the link to this report?

34 Inch Stick
07-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Please stop, I can't take this anymore. I need some good news.

Randar68
07-23-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Please stop, I can't take this anymore. I need some good news.

Joe Crede was 3-4 with a HR last night....

Ol Aches & Pains
07-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Joe Crede was 3-4 with a HR last night....

For the love of God, why don't they bring up Crede, move Valentin to shortstop, and trade Royce Clayton for an old fungo bat? (Do they still make fungo bats?)

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
For the love of God, why don't they bring up Crede, move Valentin to shortstop, and trade Royce Clayton for an old fungo bat? (Do they still make fungo bats?)

Read this article:

Detroit having the same problems (http://www.freep.com/sports/tigers/tigers23_20020723.htm)

Ol Aches & Pains
07-23-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Read this article:

Detroit having the same problems (http://www.freep.com/sports/tigers/tigers23_20020723.htm)

Bobby Higginson is going to make $11.85 million next year? It really is out of control.

Daver
07-23-2002, 10:11 PM

Bobby Higginson is going to make $11.85 million next year? It really is out of control.

What is out of control?

Ol Aches & Pains
07-23-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by daver

What is out of control?

Salaries, I thought it was obvious. Or do you think Bobby H is a $12 million man?

baggio202
07-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Read this article:

whats dombrowski's problem??..doesnt every GM talk about their players like they are crap???..why is he apoligizing???

what kenny williams was thinking after he read that article today :D:

Daver
07-23-2002, 10:26 PM

Salaries, I thought it was obvious. Or do you think Bobby H is a $12 million man?

Ask the owners,they are responsible for what the salaries are.

RedPinStripes
07-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by daver

Ask the owners,they are responsible for what the salaries are.

:reinsy
I gave Albert Bell a bunch of money and then decided i'd never play that game again.