PDA

View Full Version : Look above, it's lying (a bitter post)

Dadawg_77
07-23-2002, 09:36 AM
Can somebody change the Soxgram? Man, I hat how bitter I have become over the past couple of days. I hate our no range buddy lee, I hate Dr Chaos and Gen Disarray, I hate JR, I hate the fact the Crede is in the minors still, I hate the fact the Kenny couldn't a hit a beach ball right now and is still leading off. I hate the fac that we got a number 7th starter for two threes. I hate the fact when we had the O going we didn't have any pitching and when the pitching started to come around we had no O, and now we have none. I hate the fact that no matter how much the Sox screw up, I still love the team. But damnit, I am only 24 and still wondering if they ever win a series before I die. Sorry, I guess I needed to rant off some of the built up bitterness. I'll try to think only happy thoughts from now on

PANFIRECRACKER
07-23-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Can somebody change the Soxgram? Man, I hat how bitter I have become over the past couple of days. I hate our no range buddy lee, I hate Dr Chaos and Gen Disarray, I hate JR, I hate the fact the Crede is in the minors still, I hate the fact the Kenny couldn't a hit a beach ball right now and is still leading off. I hate the fac that we got a number 7th starter for two threes. I hate the fact when we had the O going we didn't have any pitching and when the pitching started to come around we had no O, and now we have none. I hate the fact that no matter how much the Sox screw up, I still love the team. But damnit, I am only 24 and still wondering if they ever win a series before I die. Sorry, I guess I needed to rant off some of the built up bitterness. I'll try to think only happy thoughts from now on

a lifetime of bitterness awaits. It's how you perceive it. Embrace it , enjoy it, bitch about it. Disappointment is at the heart of Sox fandom as much as a desire to win is.

Ol Aches & Pains
07-23-2002, 07:15 PM
Don't look now, but it's Twins 1, Sox nothing after 1/2 inning, with
the Sox' best pitcher on the mound.

Remember, happy thoughts... :D: :D: :D: :D:

idseer
07-23-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
Don't look now, but it's Twins 1, Sox nothing after 1/2 inning, with
the Sox' best pitcher on the mound.

Remember, happy thoughts... :D: :D: :D: :D:

without checking it out .... it seems mark always gives up at least a run in the 1st, sometimes 2nd inning.
what's up with that?
it would seem that after a while you'd realize you aren't properly warmed up or something?!?!

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by idseer
without checking it out .... it seems mark always gives up at least a run in the 1st, sometimes 2nd inning.

Lee had a sorta mistake. He divided for a ball that he didn't have a great shot at, and the ball rolled to the wall.

idseer
07-23-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Lee had a sorta mistake. He divided for a ball that he didn't have a great shot at, and the ball rolled to the wall.

that must have HURT! :)

whitesoxwilkes
07-23-2002, 08:51 PM
Probably not, C Lee has plenty of padding, especially if he dove arse-first.

idseer
07-23-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Probably not, C Lee has plenty of padding, especially if he dove arse-first.

hmmmm i think y'all missed my little joke.

Nellie_Fox
07-24-2002, 02:09 AM
Man, I hate to have to keep defending a guy that I'm actually pretty neutral on. "No-range Buddy Lee" made a couple of great plays tonight. He is a solid defensive shortstop, whether all you "offense is all that matters" types like it or not. When listening to the feeds from other cities (Atlanta, Minneapolis) they always comment on Clayton's defensive skills.

Jeez, I promised myself I wouldn't get into any more controversial threads since I was told I'm "condescending," and here I am doing it again.

LongDistanceFan
07-24-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Man, I hate to have to keep defending a guy that I'm actually pretty neutral on. "No-range Buddy Lee" made a couple of great plays tonight. He is a solid defensive shortstop, whether all you "offense is all that matters" types like it or not. When listening to the feeds from other cities (Atlanta, Minneapolis) they always comment on Clayton's defensive skills.

Jeez, I promised myself I wouldn't get into any more controversial threads since I was told I'm "condescending," and here I am doing it again.

i don't have a problem with you, actually i enjoy reading your post. its that, in my opinion you are way smarter than a lot of other people and may come across as condescending, which is the truth. on the other hand, my english is horrible and you can tell by the way i write. i get embarrass as hell when i make simple mistakes. that is why i write my post in short sentences with ...

if your feeling are hurt, oh well.

ref to my profile, i am not the only one to keep it blank.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

No need to apologize, Nellie. The Choice made some nice plays last night. Regardless of what happens, it's obvious Manuel will have him playing 5 games per week. Why The Tinkerer doesn't simply play Royce everyday is anybody's guess--including the Sox ballplayers. The Sox lineups are a mystery to everyone.

The season is over and there is no way the Sox will re-sign Clayton. The entire argument is a moot point. Too bad, because we used to have some barnburners in here!

:gulp:

idseer
07-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

No need to apologize, Nellie. The Choice made some nice plays last night. Regardless of what happens, it's obvious Manuel will have him playing 5 games per week. Why The Tinkerer doesn't simply play Royce everyday is anybody's guess--including the Sox ballplayers. The Sox lineups are a mystery to everyone.

The season is over and there is no way the Sox will re-sign Clayton. The entire argument is a moot point. Too bad, because we used to have some barnburners in here!

:gulp:

it makes you wonder .... where will he go next year? who would be willing to pay his price? if there is contraction, his value would drop even more, wouldn't it.
is it possible when all is said and done that he'd take a hefty pay cut to stay here? i think it's possible unless the sox manage to trade for an established ss.

hey! then we'd have all NEXT year to burn some barns! :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-24-2002, 12:09 PM
hey! then we'd have all NEXT year to burn some barns! :D:

Unfortunately, those barn burning threads with 700+ replies won't be as frequent now that nobody here will hold themselves up as an expert by simply retorting, "I watch a lot of ballgames."

BLA!

:)

dougs78
07-24-2002, 01:16 PM

hmmmm i think y'all missed my little joke.

LOL...quite funny. I didn't see the game last night, but I'm sitting here wondering myself how CLee managed to finish the game, let alone survive, after "dividing" himself in the first inning!!! :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
I didn't see the game last night, but I'm sitting here wondering myself how CLee managed to finish the game, let alone survive, after "dividing" himself in the first inning!!! :D:

I feel like an ass.

I guess it pays to read your own posts! :smile:

LongDistanceFan
07-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Unfortunately, those barn burning threads with 700+ replies won't be as frequent now that nobody here will hold themselves up as an expert by simply retorting, "I watch a lot of ballgames."

BLA!

:)

in addition i think that a lot more posters are trying to become a lot more friendly with each other. which on one hand is good, but you don't get the long replies.

the one thing i used to like about those, you have fun. now it seems as alot of posters hold grudges, which lead to more non-sense down the line.