PDA

View Full Version : Twinkie Fans

whitesoxwilkes
07-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Got stuck literally SURROUNDED by Twins fans last night. Anyone else noticed that they're only marginally smarter than the average Flub fan and a hell of a lot fatter?

Also did get stuck with a Flub fan doing the crosstown double header in front of me. She spent most of the night telling me to stop yelling (and I wasn;t profane by any stretch) for the benefit of her 9 year old companion. Guess they;re not used to going to a park where the fans have a little passion.

FJA
07-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Funny you say that about the Flubs fan ... I was shouting down at Garland for quite a few pitches (again, nothing profane) during the Cubs/Sox series, and this Cubs fan turned back and said "there ARE people who bring their kids here." He was completely serious and the best part? He didn't even have a kid with him.

MarkEdward
07-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Got stuck literally SURROUNDED by Twins fans last night. Anyone else noticed that they're only marginally smarter than the average Flub fan and a hell of a lot fatter?

Also did get stuck with a Flub fan doing the crosstown double header in front of me. She spent most of the night telling me to stop yelling (and I wasn;t profane by any stretch) for the benefit of her 9 year old companion. Guess they;re not used to going to a park where the fans have a little passion.

I had to sit near a Twins/Cubs fan for a couple of innings yesterday. He thought calling the Sox a "minor league team" was the funniest thing. Aside from him, the Twins' fans were pretty cool.

ma-gaga
07-23-2002, 02:28 PM
He thought calling the Sox a "minor league team" was the funniest thing

My hunch is that he wasn't a real Twins fan. Just pretending to be one to try and rile up some Sox fans.

I'll agree that us Minnesotan's are a little um... larger than the rest of the country. I don't know about marginally smarter though. Oh well, at least we're not as ugly as Chicago'ions.

:)