PDA

View Full Version : Valet Parking at U.S. Cellular Field

WhiffleBall
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Just received this from my ticket rep:

WHITE SOX OFFER FANS VALET PARKING AT U.S. CELLULAR FIELD

Fans Who Use Service Receive $10 Discount at Bacardi at the Park

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox are now offering valet parking at the Bacardi at the Park bar and restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field.

Fans can drop off their vehicle adjacent to the north side of Bacardi at the Park and pick up after the game. The cost of the valet service is $40 and those who valet their vehicle will receive a $10 discount coupon valid at Bacardi at the Park following that date’s game.

The valet service also is available to fans who have pre-purchased parking tags. Those fans would be required to only pay the difference between the value of their parking space and the $40 fee. Fans who valet also have the opportunity to have their car washed during the game for an additional $25.

Bacardi at the Park is open from 11 a.m. - 2 a.m. when the White Sox have a home night game and opens at 10 a.m. for all home day games.

skobabe8
04-25-2012, 04:33 PM
O...K...

Creative I guess. But I don't know if there is a huge demand from most fans for this.

Wedema
04-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Just received this from my ticket rep:

WHITE SOX OFFER FANS VALET PARKING AT U.S. CELLULAR FIELD

Fans Who Use Service Receive $10 Discount at Bacardi at the Park

CHICAGO – The Chicago White Sox are now offering valet parking at the Bacardi at the Park bar and restaurant near Gate 5 of U.S. Cellular Field.

Fans can drop off their vehicle adjacent to the north side of Bacardi at the Park and pick up after the game. The cost of the valet service is $40 and those who valet their vehicle will receive a $10 discount coupon valid at Bacardi at the Park following that date’s game.

The valet service also is available to fans who have pre-purchased parking tags. Those fans would be required to only pay the difference between the value of their parking space and the $40 fee. Fans who valet also have the opportunity to have their car washed during the game for an additional $25.

Bacardi at the Park is open from 11 a.m. - 2 a.m. when the White Sox have a home night game and opens at 10 a.m. for all home day games.

I'll bet that they take your car to the car wash on 31st Street. I know that the batboys take the players' cars there to get them washed.

Warriorjan
04-25-2012, 06:26 PM
This is a sign of the Apocalypse, IMO.

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I don't understand why someone would want to use this service. I try to avoid valet service any time that I can, because I absolutely hate any other individual being in possession of my keys regardless of how secure the operation is.

And, with the $10 discount at Bacardi at the Park, you actually are paying MORE than it would cost to park the car yourself and dine at the bar. There is no reason to use the service.

Nellie_Fox
04-26-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't like letting anyone drive my car.

ilsox7
04-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Seems like a good idea. I know plenty of folks who would have absolutely no problem paying a $5 premium to be able to drop their car and shorten their walk into the park.

Daver
04-26-2012, 12:57 AM
I took a car with a Lenco transmission to a wedding reception once, watching the valet try to figure out how to put it in gear was hilarious.

soxfanreggie
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't like letting anyone drive my car.

Same here. I do know a lot of people when I worked down in FL who had their car detailed at work. They would drop the keys off with the crew (had a deal with the co to do this) and tell them where it's parked, and the car would be washed and detailed at the end of the day. Sure it saved them time but boy was it expensive.

If this adds revenue to the team and creates jobs at the same time, I'm all for it!

TomBradley72
04-26-2012, 10:55 AM
It's a nice service for people going to the game for business purposes or special occasions or that have trouble walking long distances due to age, handicap, etc.- with the $10 credit it's an extra $5 vs. standard parking- not such a bad deal.

Small hijack- I wish thy'd add an officially designated area for taxi drop off/pick up- it seems very chaotic and random- and for out of towners, people staying downtown, etc- where a taxi is the choice of transportation- it's kind of a mess.

FielderJones
04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
I took a car with a Lenco transmission to a wedding reception once, watching the valet try to figure out how to put it in gear was hilarious.

That's a lot of levers (http://www.lencoracing.com/ST1200MasterPage.html)!