PDA

View Full Version : my suggestion for this team

JoseCanseco6969
07-23-2002, 12:06 AM
ok first off, Ritchie shouldnt be associated with baseball. He doesnt even deserve to be pitching in single A ball! He's stripped this team from very solid 2nd and 3rd starters in Wells and Fogg who along with buehrle could all get to 20 wins in a season. I think we all know this to be true. I think Ritchie is aiming for that 20 mark in the losing column because theres no way in hell he'll even get a 10 win mark out of this year. My suggestion for this team , dont stop with nardi, fire the whole worthless staff of coaches, bring in new ones, dump alomar, clayton, ritchie, lofton, valentin, thomas, howry, foulke, durham and rebuild this team once again because we're absolutely nothing with this worthless group of players who dont give a damn about our team.

Only players that deserve to stay:
Pitchers: Buehrle, Garland, Wright, Glover(only in the pen),Marte(been solid carrying the bullpen load) and Biddle has shown decent signs.

Position Players: Konerko, Maggs, Johnson(rather see Paul), Lee, and graff since we're gonna need him with all these young players

what do you guys think??????

Keystone Combo
07-23-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
ok first off, Ritchie shouldnt be associated with baseball. He doesnt even deserve to be pitching in single A ball! He's stripped this team from very solid 2nd and 3rd starters in Wells and Fogg who along with buehrle could all get to 20 wins in a season. I think we all know this to be true. I think Ritchie is aiming for that 20 mark in the losing column because theres no way in hell he'll even get a 10 win mark out of this year. My suggestion for this team , dont stop with nardi, fire the whole worthless staff of coaches, bring in new ones, dump alomar, clayton, ritchie, lofton, valentin, thomas, howry, foulke, durham and rebuild this team once again because we're absolutely nothing with this worthless group of players who dont give a damn about our team.

Only players that deserve to stay:
Pitchers: Buehrle, Garland, Wright, Glover(only in the pen),Marte(been solid carrying the bullpen load) and Biddle has shown decent signs.

Position Players: Konerko, Maggs, Johnson(rather see Paul), Lee, and graff since we're gonna need him with all these young players

what do you guys think??????

Agree that the entire coaching staff needs to be replaced including Jerry Manuel and Kenny Williams.

Carlos Lee must go as well....... we can play Borchard in leftfield and Aaron Rowand in centerfield with Maggs in rightfield.
Keep Thomas for DH (he will be back....injury takes a little time but he is starting to swing better already). Konerko at first, Willie Harris at second, Tim Hummel or D'Jimenez at shortstop, Joe Crede at third and Graff on the bench. I think we could use a catcher..... and I think we shouldn't give up on Matt Ginter yet either in the bullpen. Osuna might be worth keeping as well.

The way I see it .......... we need to improve the defense and the pitching and hopefully the guys who help us do that will have better bats than Royce Clayton has.

JoseCanseco6969
07-23-2002, 01:22 AM
Im through waiting for thomas to come around, i dont think he will at his old age. I think we should keep lee because it'd kill me to see him do really good somewhere else. Put Lee at DH instead of thomas since he sucks in the outfield. Yeah ginter wouldnt be bad to see back. Rowand hasnt shown he can play at the major league level, i wouldnt start him.

rosie48
07-23-2002, 01:27 AM
i'm pleased with this season's team!! i know we have had our ups and downs, but we do have a very strong base in our mind. personally-- i think our strongest asset is JON GARLAND, b/c he's my favorite player. he has his bad days, like anyone else, but that man can pitch a ballgame when it comes down to it. and it doesn't hurt that he's incredibly sexy!!! :)

Keystone Combo
07-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by JoseCanseco6969
Im through waiting for thomas to come around, i dont think he will at his old age. I think we should keep lee because it'd kill me to see him do really good somewhere else. Put Lee at DH instead of thomas since he sucks in the outfield. Yeah ginter wouldnt be bad to see back. Rowand hasnt shown he can play at the major league level, i wouldnt start him.

Waiting around??

Frank missed all but 20 games last season, he ripped a tricep muscle which is a tough injury to come back from and it takes time. He is starting to hit better now. Don't forget you weren't waiting in 2000 when he should of gotten the MVP.

You think Carlos will kill you....... it would be worse with Frank. Besides the contract won't let us move Thomas and we can't keep both of them. Perhaps we can really get a stud prospect for Carlos or maybe a couple of players that can help with the roster next season.

Now as to Aaron Rowand, it is darn tough batting and playing once or twice a week...... now is the time for the Sox to put him in the line up for 5 or 6 days a week and see with regular time he will be better or he won't make it. Than if he don't live up to the opportunity than move him.......but give him a real chance to prove what he can do day in and day out.

JoseCanseco6969
07-23-2002, 11:57 PM
ok look at the age difference with thomas and Lee, lee still has the potential to be great. That proves that if Lee becomes a star he can produce much more with another team since he is so much younger that frank. If frank goes to a team and has maybe at the most 2 good season left, its not too bad of a loss. He is worth no where near his 10 million and yes we can get out of his contract with the famous clause. I say we take that money, lock up Maggs, Konerko and Buehrle. Then use anything left from dumping those other losers such as Alomar, Clayton, Ritchie, etc on some young free agent that has potential.

2000 has nothing to do with the present, we have to get over 2000 because we dont have that team anymore because kw has screwed with it and our coaching staff has also screwed us up completely. I'm sorry but i dont see a home much longer for frank thomas in chicago unless those losers on the north side want another washed up allstar to add to their collection.