PDA

View Full Version : *Official* The Wrong Side of a Shutout 4/24 Postgame Thread

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2012, 11:39 PM
Robin left Floyd in there one batter too long. Still a great outing. Get them tomorrow and then let's beat up on the Red Sox.

GoGoCrede
04-24-2012, 11:40 PM
Grrr. Oh well. Nice job anyway, Gavin. Now I can go to bed. These late starts are less fun than I remembered. Later, everyone!

fram40
04-24-2012, 11:41 PM
Why would you pinch hit for Rios in that situation?

samurai_sox
Shutout by a rookie pitcher the Sox have never seen.

I've seen this movie before.

central44
Well...at least Dunn almost walked.

Just one loss, no big deal--can't win them all.

TommyGavinFloyd
04-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Robin really botched the end of this game. I guess that's part of the learning curve, but that doesn't make it any more fun.

ChiSoxGal85
04-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Well, I guess they can't win them all. It was a good outing by Floyd. I don't think Robin should have sent him out there for the 8th, though; he looked like he was starting to run out of gas. Milone pitched well and once again, the offense is stymied by a pitcher they haven't seen before.

Let's get 'em tomorrow.

samurai_sox
04-24-2012, 11:45 PM
I really hate Kurt Suzuki. That guy Twin-caliber Sox killer.

GoGoCrede
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I really hate Kurt Suzuki. That guy Twin-caliber Sox killer.

I like him a lot as a player, but yeah. He's got our number.

Dick Allen
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
It really hurts losing to a weak-ass team like this. They have to win tomorrow, cannot lose 2 of 3 to these slugs.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Why would you pinch hit for Rios in that situation?

Well, left handers have typically hit Balfour better than righties. It is the conventional wisdom. Dunn also has slightly better numbers against Balfour, .250/.250/.500 for Dunn in four ABs vs. .167/.231/.417 in 12 ABs for Rios.

RockJock07
I was surprised with Robin's decision to leave Gavin in but I was ok with it, he was dealing all night long. The one outcome that Gavin couldn't afford was to walk the guy.

If the Sox can continue to pitch like this then they will continue to be in games.

Zakath
Indeed, one hitter too many, though Gavin did get a K after walking Barton in the eighth. What would have been a very good no-decision becomes a loss.

Another soft-throwing lefty gives us fits. Was able to feast all night on inside pitches to the eight right-handed hitters in the lineup.

Got to win the series now, and go 5-1 on the road trip. After seeing two games, I'm even less impressed with the A's lineup than I was with the Mariners, if that's possible. Jarrod Parker going for the A's tomorrow; another pitcher we've never seen (at least this one's a righty).

mzh
04-24-2012, 11:50 PM
It happens. In all seriousness, just gotta tip your cap. I think a bigger problem than Robin's learning curve is the fact that Gordon Beckham may have the worst approach (and loopiest swing) of any major leaguer that I've ever seen. The last 3 games, I've counted 6 or 7 first pitch fastballs right down the pipe looked at without taking the bat off of his shoulder, followed by a ****ty hack at a pitchers pitch. He needs to be sent down. Even his base hit today was a result of flipping the ball off the end of the bat on his painfully long swing.

That said, good performances all around by most of the team. Milone was hitting his spots and working the corners beautifully. Go back and get 'em tomorrow.

AnkleSox
04-24-2012, 11:51 PM
We know about the horror of Oakland no matter how bad their team is. Win tomorrow and this is a 5-1 West Coast trip. No shame in that.

RockJock07
04-24-2012, 11:53 PM
We know about the horror of Oakland no matter how bad their team is. Win tomorrow and this is a 5-1 West Coast trip. No shame in that.

well said sir

Marqhead
04-24-2012, 11:58 PM
I also think Thornton should have come in to start the 8th, but you're not going to win many games with out scoring.

Take the series tomorrow.

SoxSpeed22
04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Not our night. At least that guy knows how to pitch, but the adjustments weren't there tonight.

TDog
04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Robin really botched the end of this game. I guess that's part of the learning curve, but that doesn't make it any more fun.

I was surprised Ventura left Floyd in the game in the eighth, but when the pinch-hitter was announced,I didn't want Floyd to come out. The real mistake was bringing in Thornton with Suzuki on the bench.

I haven't looked it up, but Suzuki has to be hitting over .400 in his career as a pinch-hitter, and he is the best hitter the A's have when the game is late and close with runners on base. If you only look at his overall numbers, you don't have a feel for what a dangerous hitter Suzuki is. Of the late wins the A's have had over the White Sox in recent years, Suzuki has had the big hit a few times and I believe he even had a walk-off home run against Thornton a few years ago. But bringing in Thornton to start the inning may have ended as badly. One of the right-handed relievers may have been better in that situation to keep the A's from going to their bench.

The A's remain just a game under .500. They aren't that bad. In fact, the Mariners, with their win over the Tigers tonight, are just two games under .500. It isn't like this is a roadtrip against garbage teams.

JB98
04-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Every time the Sox lose to Oakland, it seems like Barton and Suzuki are involved in some way. I had a bad feeling when I saw Floyd was being allowed to start the eighth. I would have had Thornton start his own inning. Of course, Matt wasn't particularly effective tonight, so maybe he would have lost the game regardless.

I would have liked to have seen Fukudome pinch hit for Beckham leading off the ninth. Then, depending on situation, use either Dunn or Pierzynski for Lillibridge. I don't think Rios is so great that he's above being pinch hit for, but it was a little baffling that he was lifted while Beckham was not. Still, Dunn was up there with a chance to tie the game. Didn't happen. Really not our game to win tonight.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Another pitcher they never saw before, another brutal effort.

Par for the course (just ask the Orioles...)

Wash, rinse, repeat tomorrow afternoon? We'll see.

Lip

Noneck
04-25-2012, 12:15 AM
A crap slinging lefty shuts downs the Sox again.

TaylorStSox
04-25-2012, 12:19 AM

Lip
There was nothing wrong with the "effort." That kid's just a damn good pitcher. He's not some no name, C prospect. The difference was him owning the inside part of the plate.

The only thing I would have done differently is letting Gavin clean up his own mess in the 8th. I don't like bringing in Thornton when you really just need a ground ball.

Tip your cap and take the series tomorrow.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Taylor:

My point wasn't to debate the "effort" it was a brutal result...they lost... and were made to look foolish again by a no-name pitcher with little experience who should be meat for a veteran lineup.

If my wording bothered you I'll accept your choice of a different term.

And Wednesday another 'no-name' the Sox have never seen before goes for the A's AND he's making his major league debut to boot.

What's the over / under on three runs? :rolleyes:

The Sox have made "tipping their cap" an art form the last three years. Can't speak for anybody else but I'm sick of it.

Lip

KMcMahon817
04-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Robin left Floyd in there one batter too long. Still a great outing. Get them tomorrow and then let's beat up on the Red Sox.

My thoughts exactly. I started yelling at the TV when I saw Floyd coming out for the 8th inning having already thrown north of 100 pitches. And what do ya' know... Very questionable call, but whatever. Gavin pitched very well. Take the series tomorrow.

TaylorStSox
04-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Taylor:

My point wasn't to debate the "effort" it was a brutal result...they lost... and were made to look foolish again by a no-name pitcher with little experience who should be meat for a veteran lineup.

And Wednesday another 'no-name' the Sox have never seen before goes for the A's AND he's making his major league debut to boot.

The Sox have made "tipping their cap" an art form the last three years. Can't speak for anybody else but I'm sick of it.

Lip
That kid's not some no name prospect. He's pitched real well on every level. He was better than Gavin tonight. Deal with it and stop crying.

KMcMahon817
04-25-2012, 12:28 AM
Taylor:

Lip

Relax, Bro. Awfully negative for a 10-7 start.

KMcMahon817
04-25-2012, 12:30 AM
That kid's not some no name prospect. He's pitched real well on every level. He was better than Gavin tonight. Deal with it and stop crying.

+ 1 billion

samurai_sox
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I was surprised Ventura left Floyd in the game in the eighth, but when the pinch-hitter was announced,I didn't want Floyd to come out. The real mistake was bringing in Thornton with Suzuki on the bench.

I haven't looked it up, but Suzuki has to be hitting over .400 in his career as a pinch-hitter, and he is the best hitter the A's have when the game is late and close with runners on base. If you only look at his overall numbers, you don't have a feel for what a dangerous hitter Suzuki is. Of the late wins the A's have had over the White Sox in recent years, Suzuki has had the big hit a few times and I believe he even had a walk-off home run against Thornton a few years ago. But bringing in Thornton to start the inning may have ended as badly. One of the right-handed relievers may have been better in that situation to keep the A's from going to their bench.

The A's remain just a game under .500. They aren't that bad. In fact, the Mariners, with their win over the Tigers tonight, are just two games under .500. It isn't like this is a roadtrip against garbage teams.

He has 2 walk off homers against the Sox, one in '07 and one in '08.

After the one in '08, I thought to myself,

"man, this guy is a serious pain in the ass against this team."

I cringed when he came up to the plate tonight.

Foulke You
04-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Milone is 3W-1L with an E.R.A. of 2.00. This means he has pitched well against the other teams he has faced too. Throw in the fact that the Sox don't hit lefty soft tossers well, and it was a recipe for a tough night. Floyd pitched great and I had no issues with him out there in the 8th because the A's didn't sniff him all night. I also didn't have a problem with Dunn pinch hitting for Rios. We needed the HR there and Dunn was our biggest HR threat off the bench. It just wasn't our night. Win tomorrow and you are 5W-1L on a west coast trip.

Noneck
04-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Under the old regime I thought maybe it was the advance scouting of these unknown pitchers and the approach given by the hitting coach. Now I wonder if this is not the case but is a technology issue. I remember a thread back when that the Sox do not use up to date technology to give the instructors and players the info needed to be prepared for these situations. Is it possible the Sox organization is cutting corners in this area?

TommyGavinFloyd
04-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Under the old regime I thought maybe it was the advance scouting of these unknown pitchers and the approach given by the hitting coach. Now I wonder if this is not the case but is a technology issue. I remember a thread back when that the Sox do not use up to date technology to give the instructors and players the info needed to be prepared for these situations. Is it possible the Sox organization is cutting corners in this area?

No.

kufram
04-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Just because it is Oakland doesn't make it an automatic win. Our offense, which has been pretty hot, didn't score. It happens. Move on. Win tomorrow.... err, today, for me.

hawkjt
04-25-2012, 01:32 AM
This is the second game this year where Milone has had an 8 inning shutout effort. There was two other shutouts tonite in the AL,including the mighty Yanks...are they garbage?

Milone was simply on tonite...that inside fastball he was getting was unhittable,then the changeup was low....Lip thinks only the Sox have trouble with that combo...wrong.

For some reason that park at nite seems to just suck the offense out of the bats. Two games, a total of 7 hits in 18 innings for the A's.

Thornton has struggled in Oakland before. Surprised that Gavin came out for the 8th,but Thornton gets hit anyway...but good point about facing ''anyone but Suzuki'' and sticking with a righty out of the pen.

TDog
04-25-2012, 01:39 AM
He has 2 walk off homers against the Sox, one in '07 and one in '08.

After the one in '08, I thought to myself,

"man, this guy is a serious pain in the ass against this team."

I cringed when he came up to the plate tonight.

I was at both of those games. I believe he he has another walkoff that sent me home from Oakland after a White Sox loss. But I have seen him come up with big hits against other teams as well.

Boondock Saint
04-25-2012, 02:55 AM

Having Gavin start off the inning was a mistake, but he only walked the one guy before striking out Hughes and getting pulled. After that, Thornton came in and promptly gave up a double and a single. The only difference that one walk made was that the Sox lost by two runs in a shutout instead of one.

doublem23
04-25-2012, 06:06 AM
It really hurts losing to a weak-ass team like this. They have to win tomorrow, cannot lose 2 of 3 to these slugs.

The A's offense is terrible, but their pitching staff is easily one of the best in the A.L.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2012, 06:11 AM
Losing sucks.

But losing to a pretty good pitcher you've never previously faced is not as bad as losing to a mediocre veteran you've faced many times previously. The real test comes when we face Bruce Chen.

Win today to take the series and all will be good.

doublem23
04-25-2012, 06:11 AM

Lip

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA201204200.shtml

Stop whining

soltrain21
04-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Taylor:

Lip

You need to learn the difference between a 'no name' pitcher and a pitcher who is very good and you've just never heard of them.

DonnieDarko
04-25-2012, 07:18 AM
You need to learn the difference between a 'no name' pitcher and a pitcher who is very good and you've just never heard of them.

Seriously. I haven't been here as long as many others have, but if the Sox have perfected the art of tipping their caps, you've perfected the art of overreacting, Lip. Dare I say, you've got it down to a tee. You may have had a case on some other pitchers before this guy, but based on how he was dealing last night and his stats throughout the majors and minors, this guy was actually a good pitcher.

This is a "tip your cap" situation if I've ever seen one. One of those 60 that you're destined to lose.

doublem23
04-25-2012, 07:42 AM

Jarrod Parker is Baseball America's #26 overall prospect coming into the 2012 season and was the centerpiece of the deal that cost Oakland Trevor Cahill, an All-star SP, so to anyone who actually follows baseball, he's far from a "no-name" pitcher.

Also, this afternoon is not his MLB debut. Good try, though, Lip. I'm sure if you keep at it maybe one of these days you'll get those pesky "facts" right.

asindc
04-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Not our night. At least that guy knows how to pitch, but the adjustments weren't there tonight.

There was nothing wrong with the "effort." That kid's just a damn good pitcher. He's not some no name, C prospect. The difference was him owning the inside part of the plate.

The only thing I would have done differently is letting Gavin clean up his own mess in the 8th. I don't like bringing in Thornton when you really just need a ground ball.

Tip your cap and take the series tomorrow.

+ 1 billion

Milone is 3W-1L with an E.R.A. of 2.00. This means he has pitched well against the other teams he has faced too. Throw in the fact that the Sox don't hit lefty soft tossers well, and it was a recipe for a tough night. Floyd pitched great and I had no issues with him out there in the 8th because the A's didn't sniff him all night. I also didn't have a problem with Dunn pinch hitting for Rios. We needed the HR there and Dunn was our biggest HR threat off the bench. It just wasn't our night. Win tomorrow and you are 5W-1L on a west coast trip.

Losing sucks.

But losing to a pretty good pitcher you've never previously faced is not as bad as losing to a mediocre veteran you've faced many times previously. The real test comes when we face Bruce Chen.

Win today to take the series and all will be good.

I woke up to see the 0-2 loss and immediately thought that Milone was on his game, much as he was when he held LAAAAAA to two runs and got the win, and when the Nationals won all five starts he made for them last September. By the way, I wonder how many NYY fans in their last World Series season were up in arms about losing to a pitcher many of them had not heard of before:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2543329&postcount=106

Tommy Milone is good. Glad to see that many other Sox fans realize that. He might not eventually become as good as Zack Greinke, but he sure pitched better against the Sox in his first start against us than Greinke did in his first start against us.

SI1020
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Seriously. I haven't been here as long as many others have, but if the Sox have perfected the art of tipping their caps, you've perfected the art of overreacting, Lip. Dare I say, you've got it down to a tee. You may have had a case on some other pitchers before this guy, but based on how he was dealing last night and his stats throughout the majors and minors, this guy was actually a good pitcher.

This is a "tip your cap" situation if I've ever seen one. One of those 60 that you're destined to lose. You know I was watching the game last night and thinking "I've seen this before many times." Of course it is possible that Tommy Milone is starting out on what will be a memorable career. The A's have a history of developing good pitchers. It doesn't lessen one whit the frustration that some of us feel watching this rerun time after time, year after year. Oakland's version of Nick Punto in the 8th inning didn't help either. All of this doesn't mean the season is lost, or Robin is a terrible manager, or the Sox won't ever hit a soft tossing lefty they never saw before. If you've been with the Sox through thick and thin you should be allowed to occasionally wear your Sox heart on your sleeve, maybe even whine a little. I think here the criticism is based on personal animus as much as it is a matter of a different opinion. Accusing someone of "whining" is often a way of saying your opinion is unworthy and I don't like you.

October26
04-25-2012, 08:18 AM
I fell asleep during last night's game (am having an exhausting week at work). I was worried that I had missed seeing Paulie hit home run #400, but reading the box score this morning revealed that the Sox were shut out, so obviously that didn't happen.

Love the fire & the passion in this postgame thread, btw!

I felt bad for Gavin that he gave up 1 run, 2 hits and took the loss. Gavin's season ERA is still a respectable 3.60. Also nice to see that Morel & Beckham both got hits in the game last night. Here's hoping the Sox can shake off that loss last night and get the win today. Go Sox!

asindc
04-25-2012, 08:24 AM
You know I was watching the game last night and thinking "I've seen this before many times." Of course it is possible that Tommy Milone is starting out on what will be a memorable career. The A's have a history of developing good pitchers. It doesn't lessen one whit the frustration that some of us feel watching this rerun time after time, year after year. Oakland's version of Nick Punto in the 8th inning didn't help either. All of this doesn't mean the season is lost, or Robin is a terrible manager, or the Sox won't ever hit a soft tossing lefty they never saw before. If you've been with the Sox through thick and thin you should be allowed to occasionally wear your Sox heart on your sleeve, maybe even whine a little. I think here the criticism is based on personal animus as much as it is a matter of a different opinion. Accusing someone of "whining" is often a way of saying your opinion is unworthy and I don't like you.

Well, considering that the fans of at least 29 other MLB teams have seen that many times before as well, it might help to keep it all in perspective.

TheOldRoman
04-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Relax, Bro. Awfully negative for a 10-7 start.Are you unfamiliar with this Lip fellow?

TaylorStSox
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
You know I was watching the game last night and thinking "I've seen this before many times." Of course it is possible that Tommy Milone is starting out on what will be a memorable career. The A's have a history of developing good pitchers. It doesn't lessen one whit the frustration that some of us feel watching this rerun time after time, year after year. Oakland's version of Nick Punto in the 8th inning didn't help either. All of this doesn't mean the season is lost, or Robin is a terrible manager, or the Sox won't ever hit a soft tossing lefty they never saw before. If you've been with the Sox through thick and thin you should be allowed to occasionally wear your Sox heart on your sleeve, maybe even whine a little. I think here the criticism is based on personal animus as much as it is a matter of a different opinion. Accusing someone of "whining" is often a way of saying your opinion is unworthy and I don't like you.

This "not being able to hit pitchers we've never seen" has been a Lip crusade for years. Here's the thing, we've gone through 3 different coaching staffs and dozens of different hitters. Maybe, just maybe, it's not a White Sox problem. Maybe every team struggles against pitchers they've never seen. The other issue is that it's pretty bush league to not give some credit to a very good, young starting pitcher. The kid's not a no name. People who follow baseball know about this kid. He's a good prospect who projects to be a solid 3, or maybe even 2.

kittle42
04-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Amen. Just because people choose not to read up on rookie studs doesn't mean those studs aren't good pitchers.

Some people here would have a hard time picking a ROY winner every year, as they would all hit .200 or have ERAs above 6.

hawkjt
04-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Watching every pitch of that game, I honestly feel like Milone only missed his spot a couple of times the whole game. The changeup to Morel was up and in the middle of the plate...and that was about it.
The way the ump set up inside,and the catcher was set up inside, and his pitches angled across that inside corner time after time....as Hawk says,you can make your own strike zone,so maybe our guys should have backed off the plate and made him try to hit the outside corner instead.
That inside fastball was unhittable for righthanded hitters.

DeAza made the best contact of anyone really,as a lefty. Another Hawk theory is loading the team up with the leftys against a guy like this..worth a try?

It is one of the great mysteries of baseball to me that soft tossing leftys like Moyer,Buehrle,Bruce Chen,Tommy John ect.. can be effective seemingly forever. Now, Johnny Danks has yet to slow down enough to truly be effective,I guess. Great option to have later in his career tho.

Some Sox fans think that the Sox are particularly vulnerable to these guys,but I think most teams struggle similarly against these guys.

kittle42
04-25-2012, 09:43 AM

In this particular case, Lip appears to be simply uninformed.

LITTLE NELL
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM

This talk about a soft tossing lefty has me thinking how the Sox would do against Mark Buerhle. Could be Mark's 2nd perfect game.

WhiteSox5187
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Amen. Just because people choose not to read up on rookie studs doesn't mean those studs aren't good pitchers.

Some people here would have a hard time picking a ROY winner every year, as they would all hit .200 or have ERAs above 6.

I can appreciate that this guy appears to be a highly rated young pitcher who has learned to do very well with limited stuff (he pitched a great game against us and evidently held the Yankees in check) but at the same time I can understand Lip and other fans' angst over being shut down by this type of pitcher as well. The Sox have had a history over the past few years of being shut down by soft tossing lefties whether they are highly regarded prospects or middling veterans with an ERA over 5. So I do understand the sort of "Oh no, here we go again!" feeling. I for one didn't know who the hell this guy was until last night after the game so I don't mind SOME hand wringing, but as Frater pointed out earlier the real test will come when we face the Bruce Chens of the world. I know we are tired of the phrase "tip your cap" but that's about all the Sox could do last night. Whether this is a trend like last year and years previous has yet to be determined. So I don't mind tipping my cap while ringing my hands a little.

KMcMahon817
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Are you unfamiliar with this Lip fellow?

His shtick has wore thin.

kittle42
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM
I can appreciate that this guy appears to be a highly rated young pitcher who has learned to do very well with limited stuff (he pitched a great game against us and evidently held the Yankees in check) but at the same time I can understand Lip and other fans' angst over being shut down by this type of pitcher as well. The Sox have had a history over the past few years of being shut down by soft tossing lefties whether they are highly regarded prospects or middling veterans with an ERA over 5. So I do understand the sort of "Oh no, here we go again!" feeling. I for one didn't know who the hell this guy was until last night after the game so I don't mind SOME hand wringing, but as Frater pointed out earlier the real test will come when we face the Bruce Chens of the world. I know we are tired of the phrase "tip your cap" but that's about all the Sox could do last night. Whether this is a trend like last year and years previous has yet to be determined. So I don't mind tipping my cap while ringing my hands a little.

I feel a lot worse about losing to Bruce freakin' Chen than I do Milone, but I get it.

WhiteSox5187
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I feel a lot worse about losing to Bruce freakin' Chen than I do Milone, but I get it.

I am probably not going to get too upset about losing to anybody this year. If we keep getting shut down by the Bruce Chens of the world then I would think that that is indicative of a problem with the on-field personnel rather than the coaching staff. To me 2012 is going to be about finding out whether the problems of the last few years was with the coaching staff not being able to get the most out of their roster or with the front office collecting an ensemble of players who were not as talented as originally thought. And hopefully we can win a few games as well.

Tragg
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I hate to say it, but the As pitcher looked like MB out there.
This wasn't just a case of too anxious on a soft tosser...he was good.

JB98
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM

The Sox had never faced that Noesi guy before, but they pounded him Friday night. I don't think they had seen Beavan before either, but they did all right against him.

I don't know that there's necessarily a problem here. The Sox are 2-1 against "unknown" pitchers on this road trip. Maybe they just got schooled by a rookie who was on top of his game last night.

doublem23
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
The Sox had never faced that Noesi guy before, but they pounded him Friday night. I don't think they had seen Beavan before either, but they did all right against him.

I don't know that there's necessarily a problem here. The Sox are 2-1 against "unknown" pitchers on this road trip. Maybe they just got schooled by a rookie who was on top of his game last night.

Yeah but that disproves the crybaby whining, especially if you note that the Sox also beat Adam Wilk and Josh Tomlin this season, as well, guys they had never seen before. 4-2 this year against newbs.

TDog
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM

And Wednesday another 'no-name' the Sox have never seen before goes for the A's AND he's making his major league debut to boot. ...

Noesi and Beavan were no-name starters that the White Sox beat on this roadtrip.

Today's no-name starter is not only a highly regarded prosepct making his much-anticipated major league debut in a pitcher's park (it usually plays bigger in the daytime, but today it looks like the air will be heavier with at least the threat of rain), but he is said to be especially excited about today's matchup because he grew up a White Sox fan.

PalehosePlanet
04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/SEA/SEA201204200.shtml

Stop whining

We also beat Blake Beavan on Saturday, which was his first career appearance versus us.

slavko
04-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Soft tossing lefties. Been going on since the Sox traded Eddie Lopat to the Yankees and spent the next seven years waving at his magic.