PDA

View Full Version : Going to a game at Camden

Moses_Scurry
04-24-2012, 10:16 PM
I see some fairly cheap seats that look like they are in pretty nice locations. Are there obstructed views that I need to worry about? I've never been to a game there.

DSpivack
04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't know if there are any obstructed seats, but they draw so poorly you shouldn't have a problem getting good cheap seats.

Seeing the Sox there a couple years ago, I drove up from DC (where I lived at the time), parked near the ballpark, and walked up to buy a ticket. On my way to the ticket booth wearing my Sox hat, a few Orioles fans asked if I had a ticket. I said no, so they gave me their extra club-level seat and refused payment for it. I had a good time sitting next to them and discussing baseball, at least until the Sox lost the game when Jenks blew it in the 9th.

Another trip there I signed up to get free tickets from the Orioles because it was my birth month. They might still have that promotion going, not sure.

soxfanatlanta
04-25-2012, 09:17 AM
You are in for a treat - it's a very nice ballpark.

asindc
04-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't know if there are any obstructed seats, but they draw so poorly you shouldn't have a problem getting good cheap seats.

Seeing the Sox there a couple years ago, I drove up from DC (where I lived at the time), parked near the ballpark, and walked up to buy a ticket. On my way to the ticket booth wearing my Sox hat, a few Orioles fans asked if I had a ticket. I said no, so they gave me their extra club-level seat and refused payment for it. I had a good time sitting next to them and discussing baseball, at least until the Sox lost the game when Jenks blew it in the 9th.

Another trip there I signed up to get free tickets from the Orioles because it was my birth month. They might still have that promotion going, not sure.

Of course Jenks blew it. It was the O's in Camden Yards.

I have visited 15 MLB parks over the years, and I still consider Camden Yards to be the gold standard. I've sat in many different locations in the park, and I have not experienced a bad seat yet. Camden Yards is what New Comiskey should have been.

Southsider101
04-26-2012, 11:15 PM
One of my favorite ballparks.

Try the crab cakes.

roylestillman
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
My favorite ballpark. Get there early and stroll Eutaw Street beyond right field along the warehouse. Check out the remnants of the old plaque from Memorial Stadium. Unless you can get great seats in the lower bowl ( no reason to think you can't ) check out the club level. It's bigger than the Cell so you feel like you're more part of the crowd and a bit higher end. The food is the best I've has at a ballpark. Crab cakes are a must, just to say you had them there.

After the game head across the street to Pickles and wear your Sox hat. Guaranteed to get into an intelligent baseball discussion with the locals. Also the Hampton next to Pickles is a baseball themed hotel and a nice place to stay.

amsteel
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I was just there Tuesday. We bought lower reserved tickets for ~15$ and moved down to within 10 rows of the field. There's lots of parking in garages between the stadium and the harbor. Overall a very impressive stadium.

One thin surprised me: loads of super drunk people on a Tuesday nite, and its not like the beer was cheap. 8$ for tall boy of Natty Boh. If you can get over that its a good time.

AZChiSoxFan
04-27-2012, 10:06 AM
You are in for a treat - it's a very nice ballpark.

I totally concur. Absolutely love that place and wish I could go back, but that's not happening for me anytime soon.

Enjoy!