PDA

View Full Version : *Official* We Could Get Used To These CG Shutouts Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
04-23-2012, 11:35 PM
Nice outing again.

RockJock07
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Peavy is a beast right now

GoGoCrede
Love Jake and so happy/proud to see him doing so well. Also thanks for making the game shorter.

Crooked Number
Dsnb!

Aesero
Another great game by Peavy! If we get the bottom of the order hitting this season, the team will be a serious contender.

soxnut1018
Peavy is Peavy. Dunn is Dunn. Rios is better than Rios. The Sox are in first place. Mercy! :bandance:

vinny
04-23-2012, 11:37 PM
1st CG for Peavy in almost a year. Great pitching, great defense, pretty timely hitting.

Keep it rolling.

Foulke You
04-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Very strong outing by Peavy. This is the guy we traded for back in 2009. 4W-0L road trip. Tied for first place! Dunn goes yard again, Rios has a 3 hit night, and Paulie did his thing. Heck, even Morel looked like a hitter tonight.

PalehosePlanet
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Jake was great; Bartolo was lucky as hell. No matter, we still prevail. A nice W for the boys.

Jake, Alex, and Adam are playing at an all-star level again.

Zakath
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Jake so far this year: 4 GS, 3-0, 28 2/3 IP, 17 H, 6 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 26 K, 0.73 WHIP, 1.88 ERA.

He's pitching like a guy who's trying to prove to everyone that he was worth trading for.

WhiteSox5187
04-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Well, at least one good thing happened today. Peavy is looking good so far.

voodoochile
04-23-2012, 11:41 PM
53 runs allowed in 16 games this season. I'll take it...

:soxwin:

:)

:supernana:

Tragg
04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Peavy's just damn dominant. It's really what this staff has needed for a while - that #1.
The starting pitching as a whole has been excellent.

SoxSpeed22
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
A comeback player of the year award might sound nice for Jake. Also, Rios is looking great, as is AJ. Viciedo still looks way off balance with the way he kept missing pitches today. Successful road trip so far.

fram40
04-23-2012, 11:44 PM
The Sox are in first place. Mercy! :bandance:

not only that, but the Sox have out-scored the mighty Tigger offense by one run. And allowed 12 less.

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2012, 11:45 PM
If Gavin and Danks can get their act together, this is going to be one hell of a rotation.

Zakath
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Peavy's just damn dominant. It's really what this staff has needed for a while - that #1.
The starting pitching as a whole has been excellent.

I don't know if I'd go that far. Danks has struggled at times, as has Floyd (if his curve's working, he can be dominant; if not, yeesh). Sale has transitioned well from reliever to starter, Jake looks like the Jake that won the Cy in '07.

And Humber's perfect. :smile:

tstrike2000
04-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Finally get to see a healthy Peavy for the first time in a few years and it's awesome to see. He really had great stuff tonight and hope he can stay healthy for just about all of this season.

doublem23
04-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Peavy allowed 2 hits over 9 innings?

He sucks.

:cool:

Sox win! All is well

kM7C_yNlCLU

Zakath
04-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Peavy allowed 2 hits over 9 innings?

He sucks.

3 actually.

He's turrible.

palehozenychicty
04-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Even against arguably the worst Oakland team in fifteen years, a win in the Davis mausoleum is good.

If Dunn, Peavy, and Rios can keep it up, the mix gets interesting.

ChiSoxGal85
04-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Great game by Peavy; he has been outstanding. Love that back-to-back Dunn/Konerko HRs.

Dunn and Rios returning to pre-2011 form are key this season. I'm seeing a few signs that the young guys (Beckham and Morel) are kicking it up a notch - hopefully they can keep their confidence against the better teams as well.

Noneck
04-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I hope they keep feasting on the weak.

Foulke You
04-24-2012, 12:06 AM
A comeback player of the year award might sound nice for Jake.
Adam Dunn might have something to say about where that award ends up.

johnnyg83
04-24-2012, 12:15 AM
I'm really excited by the staff. The question marks in the rotation are the strength and Jones, Crain, Thornton, Reed look downright amazing.

WhiteSox1983
04-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Just got home from the game. Great showing by Peavy. The game itself was good, but the god the A's stadium and its fanfare is sooooooooooooooo pathetic.

Makes you wonder what is going on... :scratch:

Lip Man 1
04-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Great outing by Peavy, superb.

Don't stop now boys!

Sox 83:

Wha do you expect, hell I can't even identify half of their starting lineup tonight.

Lip

BigHurt3515
04-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Its great seeing the Sox winning again. Makes watching them fun again.

kufram
04-24-2012, 01:11 AM
I checked the game on my phone at about 4:00 am and about 5:00 am. I never belittle the opposition because any mlb team can beat any other mlb team on a given night. Dunn and PK going back to back. Rios with three hits. I'll watch the game tonight after work.

Oh... and Peavy? He's a bum and should just shut up and pitch.

kidmccarthy
04-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Wish I could have watched it live...but man this pitching is so nasty right now. Peavy has so much movement this year and a tick or two more miles on the heater. He is a true number 1 right now. Please keep this up.

TDog
04-24-2012, 01:33 AM
3 actually.

He's turrible.

I was heartbroken when the A's got their first baserunner in the fourth. Then I was disappointed when the A's got their third hit in the ninth. I was hoping Brent Morel would have as many hits tonight as the A's. Considering the way the official scorer was scoring tonight, he nearly did. Two other Sox players got hits on what looked like errors.

There are roadtrips where this would be roadtrips where tonights game would be the best pitched. This week, a three-hit shutout seems anticlimactic. Peavy, though, is having a great April.

Before the game, the A's pregame analysts on Comcast (including Damon Andrews, who I thought worked in Chicago at one time) were talking about the astute pickup of Luke Hughes, claimed off of waivers from the Twins, apparently because he had once hit a home run against Jake Peavy. That seemed like a poor reason to claim a player off waivers, considering the A's will only see Peavy at most three times this season, but I'm not a professional baseball analyst.

hawkjt
04-24-2012, 01:45 AM
Hughes was bit by the Coliseum jinx as a new player.

Why does every popup in that place seem to be an adventure? Is it windy or just a dark dungeon where fielders lose site of the ball?

Jake pitched over two straight popup messups by Dunn and AJ,striking out the guy each time.

Peavy is in a good groove right now...just fingers crossed that he stays right there.
We had 12 hits...good. Lot of smashes right at outfielders also. Nice.

Keep it going..time for Gavin to have a good outing for a change.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
04-24-2012, 03:48 AM
So, this is the worst team in the Central, huh?

DumpJerry
04-24-2012, 06:06 AM
A comeback player of the year award might sound nice for Jake.

What injury was Dunn coming back from? His Appendix?

Bucky F. Dent
04-24-2012, 06:49 AM
Jake so far this year: 4 GS, 3-0, 28 2/3 IP, 17 H, 6 ER, 1 HR, 4 BB, 26 K, 0.73 WHIP, 1.88 ERA.

He's pitching like a guy who's trying to prove to everyone that he was worth trading for.

Thrilled to see the Peavy we traded for over two years ago finally looks to have arrived in Chicago.

Let's Go White Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinny
04-24-2012, 07:04 AM

His pride.

guillensdisciple
04-24-2012, 07:18 AM
You know peavy wanted that perfecto, pay attention to his reaction when the ball gets past him and how disappointed he is. Maybe this will set up a new thing where each Sox pitcher tries to get a perfecto. They should, just saying:)

Good win Sox, I have been upgraded to guarded optimism. God knows I did not expect 10-6 so I'll take this. I was gonna note that the sox haven't gone on one of their patented 12 to 14 game winning streak in a long time. Maybe we'll get back into it this year.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Got home late but just in time for the back to back HR's. Would LOVE to see Dunn and Konerko reach the 400 club together this season though I know we won't be so lucky to see the SAME game like Konerko and Dye did for the 300 club!!

Also - BIG fan of almost no black jerseys too.

Iron Dragon2
04-24-2012, 07:29 AM
So, where are all the "Peavy is a jerk and should just shut up, he's no good anymore, we never should have traded for him" people? I said last season to give him 2 years to fully recover, much like NFLers who tear a knee. They need a full year after the injury. 3-0, 1.88 ERA. Hm, not bad.

guillensdisciple
04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
So, where are all the "Peavy is a jerk and should just shut up, he's no good anymore, we never should have traded for him" people? I said last season to give him 2 years to fully recover, much like NFLers who tear a knee. They need a full year after the injury. 3-0, 1.88 ERA. Hm, not bad.

Alright, we had him for three seasons. He talked a lot and people were skeptical. People had their right, and good job, we're happy for you.

asindc
04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Alright, we had him for three seasons. He talked a lot and people were skeptical. People had their right, and good job, we're happy for you.

Damn right I'm happy for him. I fully endorse his "I told you so" post.

asindc
04-24-2012, 07:46 AM

I know in the NBA that the Comeback Player of the Year award is not just awarded to players coming back from injuries. Players who were ineffective the previous year or missed significant playing time for any reason are also eligible. I don't know if the same criteria apply to the MLB award.

asindc
04-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Peavy is Peavy. Dunn is Dunn. Rios is better than Rios. The Sox are in first place. Mercy! :bandance:

Not at all coincidental. The four highest-paid players (along with Pauly) on the team playing like it and the team overall is playing well? Funny how that goes hand-in-hand.

October26
04-24-2012, 07:50 AM
I checked the game on my phone at about 4:00 am and about 5:00 am. I never belittle the opposition because any mlb team can beat any other mlb team on a given night. Dunn and PK going back to back. Rios with three hits. I'll watch the game tonight after work.

Oh... and Peavy? He's a bum and should just shut up and pitch.

:lol: The last sentence of your post made me laugh!

I enjoyed watching another fun, quick, game by the Sox last night (much appreciated). I am really getting used to seeing good hitting, pitching, and defense from the Sox this year. And kudos to Peavy for getting the CG victory. :D:

Negative: Keeping an eye on Viciedo's .191 average. Viciedo scratched out an infield hit last night but he is really scuffling right now. I applaud Robin for keeping Viciedo in the lineup. Hopefully, Viciedo can start getting hits and raise his average. I am really pulling for this kid to do well.

Positive: Sox offense lookin' good. Dunn & Konerko with homers (career #399 for Paulie), Beckham with an rbi single (yay!) and then AJ with the infield hit/rbi for the 4th run.

We'll see if Paulie gets home run #400 tonight. Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

SephClone89
04-24-2012, 08:15 AM
A comeback player of the year award might sound nice for Jake. Also, Rios is looking great, as is AJ. Viciedo still looks way off balance with the way he kept missing pitches today. Successful road trip so far.

I know in the NBA that the Comeback Player of the Year award is not just awarded to players coming back from injuries. Players who were ineffective the previous year or missed significant playing time for any reason are also eligible. I don't know if the same criteria apply to the MLB award.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050824&content_id=1181967&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Nowhere does it specify injury, and judging from that press release where it is just comparing stats from one year to the next...

delben91
04-24-2012, 08:54 AM
Even against arguably the worst Oakland team in fifteen years, a win in the Davis mausoleum is good.

If Dunn, Peavy, and Rios can keep it up, the mix gets interesting.

And if nothing else they at least up their trade value significantly in the event the Sox tank it over the next few months.

salty99
04-24-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm ALL IN!

doublem23
04-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm ALL IN!

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt122/Goldyfan/half%20baked/BooThisMan.gif

hawkjt
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
:lol: The last sentence of your post made me laugh!

I enjoyed watching another fun, quick, game by the Sox last night (much appreciated). I am really getting used to seeing good hitting, pitching, and defense from the Sox this year. And kudos to Peavy for getting the CG victory. :D:

Negative: Keeping an eye on Viciedo's .191 average. Viciedo scratched out an infield hit last night but he is really scuffling right now. I applaud Robin for keeping Viciedo in the lineup. Hopefully, Viciedo can start getting hits and raise his average. I am really pulling for this kid to do well.

Positive: Sox offense lookin' good. Dunn & Konerko with homers (career #399 for Paulie), Beckham with an rbi single (yay!) and then AJ with the infield hit/rbi for the 4th run.

We'll see if Paulie gets home run #400 tonight. Keep on winning, White Sox! :bandance:

Hawk has mentioned that Dayan has started slow every year he has been playing for the Sox and then heated up in the summer. Maybe it is a Cuban thing,because Alexei has generally been the same. Hope he hangs in there til summer gets here!

Good to see Morel actually turn on a pitch and hammer it off the wall. He has been looking a bit better since they left Chicago. Gordo also coming around a little,nice rbi single last nite.
The two cubans,Morel and Gordo are the only guys really scuffling right now,and if they come around, this offense could be decent.

I have to say I am very impressed with DeAza's strength,even to the opposite field. He is small but strong like bull!!

kufram
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
And if nothing else they at least up their trade value significantly in the event the Sox tank it over the next few months.

Oooh.. negative vibes, man....

SI1020
04-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Alright, we had him for three seasons. He talked a lot and people were skeptical. People had their right, and good job, we're happy for you. Seriously. I might have been the first here to say "shut up and pitch." I believe this pretty much summarized my feelings at the time.

Usually I don't like cliche type phrases, but that one is a favorite of mine, hence the "shut up and pitch". Of course I wish Jake well, I admire his moxie, and I'm sure he wants his ass to start cashing the checks again.

Don't say it just do it. I realize that is a hopeless attitude today. I'm happy that Jake is having a resurgence. Of the three criticized big ticket acquisitions by KW, I was most in favor of the trade for Peavy. I hope that whatever rehabilitation methods Jake used continue to work out for him. That was a really bad injury, the likes of which not seen in baseball previously to my knowledge. As the thread title states, I could get used to this kind of throwback pitching the White Sox have shown so far this season.

Golden Sox
04-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Did anybody really see this happening? We're in first place and Dunn. Rios, and Peavy are producing. If we can get some productivity out of Morel and Beckham I think we can seriously think about going to the playoffs this year.

boiker
04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Did anybody really see this happening?

I certainly did.

kufram
04-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Did anybody really see this happening? We're in first place and Dunn. Rios, and Peavy are producing. If we can get some productivity out of Morel and Beckham I think we can seriously think about going to the playoffs this year.

Oh, I think a number of people thought that the career averages for these players would resurface, of course with Peavy's health being the mitigating factor in his case. But with so much pink noise around it wasn't being heard.

With fan expectations so low this year it is doubly exciting for the team to be doing so well. What I like is that it does feel like we have a team this year... not just a bunch of players. Long may it last

soxinem1
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM

He also may be pitching like a guy who is a FA in five months....

soxinem1
04-24-2012, 10:45 AM
seriously. I might have been the first here to say "shut up and pitch." i believe this pretty much summarized my feelings at the time.

Don't say it just do it. I realize that is a hopeless attitude today. I'm happy that jake is having a resurgence. Of the three criticized big ticket acquisitions by kw, i was most in favor of the trade for peavy. I hope that whatever rehabilitation methods jake used continue to work out for him. That was a really bad injury, the likes of which not seen in baseball previously to my knowledge. As the thread title states, i could get used to this kind of throwback pitching the white sox have shown so far this season.

Your 2012 White Sox: Just Shut Up And Pitch!!!!

voodoochile
04-24-2012, 10:45 AM

I knew it was possible, but everything has/had to break perfectly. I'm as optimistic as anyone on these boards, but even I picked them to finish second this year and not make the playoffs.

It's still very early a good hot streak early in the year does not a good team make. The Sox need to do this for 6 months for this to mean anything more than a good time for Sox fans in April. Again, yes, it's possible, but all of the players have to perform up to expectations and the youngsters need to continue to perform at a high level (especially the pitchers).

However, I'm very happy at the moment...:D:

spawn
04-24-2012, 10:46 AM
He also may be pitching like a guy who is a FA in five months....

Or he's pitching like someone who is finally healthy.

GoGoCrede
04-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Or he's pitching like someone who is finally healthy.

Yep. I'm happy for him, who cares what his motives are.

asindc
04-24-2012, 10:51 AM
I knew it was possible, but everything has/had to break perfectly. I'm as optimistic as anyone on these boards, but even I picked them to finish second this year and not make the playoffs.

It's still very early a good hot streak early in the year does not a good team make. The Sox need to do this for 6 months for this to mean anything more than a good time for Sox fans in April. Again, yes, it's possible, but all of the players have to perform up to expectations and the youngsters need to continue to perform at a high level (especially the pitchers).

I don't think everything has broken perfectly, which is a reason for my optimism. Danks and Floyd have been a bit subpar so far, Stewart and Ohman haven't solidified their BP roles yet, and Viciedo, Beckham, and Morel are still struggling to find their grooves. I don't think Rios or AJ will continue at this pace, but I would not be surprised if Pauly, Peavy, and Dunn do.

everafan
04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
If Gavin and Danks can get their act together, this is going to be one hell of a rotation.

I am an optimist - so I'm looking at 2012 April Floyd is way better than 2011 April Floyd. In other words, in a month when Floyd is usually very bad, he's just kind of bad.

ChiSoxGal85
04-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Yeah, it's a long season. Over the course of the season, some players will cool off and some will pick it up. As long as everyone doesn't crap out at the same time (2011), I think they'll be up there battling for the division.

But this terrific start can only bode well for the team and the players' confidence, as well as boost ticket sales. Humber's perfect game alone has created a buzz around him and the White Sox, and in addition the team is playing well and winning - this is only good news. I, for one, am quite happy! :bandance:

Madscout
04-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Gotta love how our ifs are shaping up...

Ifs before the year...
Will Rios hit? .360 BA
How bout Dunn? 4 HR in 16 games and a nice chop double swing
Can Sale start? 2 and 1 with a 3.5 ERA
Who's closing and how's the bullpen? Looks good so far...

Now all of this could change. Rios, AJ, and Paulie could cool down (AJ is playing out of his mind). But then Morel, Gordon, and Dayan could start being the players we thought they were. The bullpen might explode. We could have injuries with the starters.

The biggest if still for me is Sale...and I don't mean him being successful. I mean him staying healthy (knock on wood). Guy just looks like an injury waiting to happen. Any scouts here have thoughts on this?

DonnieDarko
04-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Guy just looks like an injury waiting to happen. Any scouts here have thoughts on this?

I'm no scout, but any inverted W pitching motion is a cause for concern. You have your Mark Priors, of course...but you also have your Strausbergs (who, albeit, had surgery, but after coming back from it has still been quite good).

Yeah, I'm worried about him staying healthy, too. But something tells me that at least for this year he will. *knock on wood*

guillensdisciple
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I think sale will be fine, he would have experienced some set backs by now if anything else were to be true.

JB98
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Peavy doesn't have the big fastball he had in San Diego, but he's demonstrating that he doesn't necessarily need that. Good location, good movement, ahead of the hitters, mixing his pitches well. That's a winning formula, even if the fastball is 91 instead of 95.

DonnieDarko
04-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Peavy doesn't have the big fastball he had in San Diego, but he's demonstrating that he doesn't necessarily need that. Good location, good movement, ahead of the hitters, mixing his pitches well. That's a winning formula, even if the fastball is 91 instead of 95.

Don't forget that he's changing speeds on that fastball. I remember...Hawk, I think, talking about Greg Maddux: he said that when he got into trouble, unlike most pitchers who would reach back for a little something extra on their fastball, he would take something off.

If Peavy can learn to pitch like that consistently (not comparing him to Maddux, mind you, just the first player to come to mind), I can see good things in his immediate future.

Hitmen77
04-24-2012, 01:10 PM

It is very early. I'm not putting much stock in the Sox record after only 16 games. We always play very well against Seattle and we're only a week removed from dropping 3 of 4 to the O's.

But, I'm enjoying the winning nonetheless. I think it's a welcome change to have the team not stumble into a huge hole this early in the season. Last year, they were 7-9 and 5 games out. They didn't win their 10th game until they were 10-14. In 2010 after 16 games, they were 5-11 and already 6 games out. Ugh.

Even if their playoff chances are slim, that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy this season. I look forward to seeing how well our rotation does this year. Maybe Dunn and Rios can continue to rebound from last year. Let's see how much the Tank mashes the ball in his first full season. I just hope Beckham and Morel are tolerable and show signs of improvement at the plate this year.

We already have the thrill of a perfect game this year. Next up, we'll be cheering Pauly's 400th HR. He's also 8 HRs away from 400 HRs in a Sox uniform.

So, I'm not dreaming of playoffs exactly, but I am looking forward to a team that, unlike last year, is likeable and watchable.

:gulp:

cws05champ
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM

:thumbsup:

Tragg
04-24-2012, 03:43 PM
De Aza is also giving us the best production at leadoff that we've seen in years. Ages.

doublem23
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
De Aza is also giving us the best production at leadoff that we've seen in years. Ages.

Thank god he was in AAA for almost all of last year while we got to watch the Juan Pierre ****show

Lip Man 1
04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Pierre by the way dropped balls last night in left field in Arizona.

Lip

Aesero
04-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Thank god he was in AAA for almost all of last year while we got to watch the Juan Pierre ****show

I got tired of hearing that De Aza would be nothing but a AAAA player all last year.

palehozenychicty
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I got tired of hearing that De Aza would be nothing but a AAAA player all last year.

He's been fine. Defensively, he's had a moment or two. I chalk it up to experience. But he was in the minors that long for a reason.

SoxSpeed22
04-24-2012, 08:35 PM
He's been fine. Defensively, he's had a moment or two. I chalk it up to experience. But he was in the minors that long for a reason.The main reason was because of injuries. He fractured his ankle in 2007 and re-injured it in 2008. He was originally the Marlins starting center fielder, but took a while to regain form. Ask Jared Mitchell how hard it is to completely recover from an ankle injury. We had no room for him in 2010, otherwise he would have been up.

SoxSpeed22
04-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Even if their playoff chances are slim, that doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy this season. I look forward to seeing how well our rotation does this year. Maybe Dunn and Rios can continue to rebound from last year. Let's see how much the Tank mashes the ball in his first full season. I just hope Beckham and Morel are tolerable and show signs of improvement at the plate this year.

We already have the thrill of a perfect game this year. Next up, we'll be cheering Pauly's 400th HR. He's also 8 HRs away from 400 HRs in a Sox uniform.

So, I'm not dreaming of playoffs exactly, but I am looking forward to a team that, unlike last year, is likeable and watchable.

:gulp:I'm already enjoying this season more than that ****-show last year. I said last year, the overall stank that team gave off was the worst part. You knew they were going to lose when: they gave up runs in the first two innings, they were facing a lefty, they were facing a junkballer, they were into the other team's bullpen.
Morel didn't look bad yesterday, he was hitting the ball hard, they just stayed up too long. Beckham is still my top concern.

October26
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Hawk has mentioned that Dayan has started slow every year he has been playing for the Sox and then heated up in the summer. Maybe it is a Cuban thing,because Alexei has generally been the same. Hope he hangs in there til summer gets here!

Good to see Morel actually turn on a pitch and hammer it off the wall. He has been looking a bit better since they left Chicago. Gordo also coming around a little,nice rbi single last nite.
The two cubans,Morel and Gordo are the only guys really scuffling right now,and if they come around, this offense could be decent.

I have to say I am very impressed with DeAza's strength,even to the opposite field. He is small but strong like bull!!

My father and I have had numerous conversations about both Alexei and Dayan’s early season offensive struggles. You know what is interesting about this? Both Alexei and Dayan played in the Cuban National Baseball System (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_national_baseball_system) (where games are played November through July. Here are Alexei’s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Ramirez) & Dayan’s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayan_Viciedo) pages on Wikipedia), so their bodies should be in baseball-ready-form in April. The thing is, though, since the Major League Baseball System in the United States runs March through October both Alexei and Dayan get that down time over the winter. Viciedo was supposed to play in the Dominican Republic (DR) League this past winter and he did not, which surprised me. I thought the practice/routine could have helped Viciedo.

As for De Aza, he is lookin’ good so far this season. I was worried because De Aza had a poor showing in the DR Winter League. But De Aza has really pulled it together and is doing a great job so far as the Sox leadoff man. I really like it when he (and other Sox hitters try to hit the ball to the opposite field). And you're right, De Aza is really strong.