PDA

View Full Version : 1964 White Sox-Red Sox

apbaball
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
With the 100-year celebration last weekend I would have thought that would have been a good time for the rumored 1964 Red Sox home opener against the White Sox to be aired on NESN. Any word on when this will be aired. That would be the oldest Sox game ever broadcast on ESPN classic or any RSN.

Procol Harum
04-23-2012, 02:00 PM
With the 100-year celebration last weekend I would have thought that would have been a good time for the rumored 1964 Red Sox home opener against the White Sox to be aired on NESN. Any word on when this will be aired. That would be the oldest Sox game ever broadcast on ESPN classic or any RSN.

That would be way beyond awesome. The '64 Sox were my "boys of summer' growing up in the '60s--98 wins and lost the pennant by one game. I'd love to see that.

Lip Man 1
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Until otherwise I'm considering this just another rumor that was started by Fenway.

In the ensuing two years since he first brought it up nobody seems to know or have heard anything about it, including the White Sox.

And according to him he said it was going to be broadcast on the MLB Network.

Lip

apbaball
05-14-2012, 03:43 PM
The Red Sox have a DVD box set coming out this fall as part of the 100-year celebration. If it ever is going to be released, I'm guessing it would be part of this. Otherwise it probably is just a rumor.