PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Hudson to the DL

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM
.....with "shoulder impingement."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2012/04/21/20120421arizona-diamondbacks-place-daniel-hudson-disabled-list.html

Broccoli Rob
04-22-2012, 02:00 PM
:whocares

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 02:04 PM

He's a MLB pitcher and this is the Talking Baseball thread. Some people are interested in this news.

You obviously cared enough to open the thread despite seeing what the title said.

doublem23
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM

It might surprise you, but some people here actually pay attention to baseball other than the Sox. This is the general baseball forum, for general baseball news and discussion. The title of the thread was clearly not misleading, so this reply is unnecessary.

Broccoli Rob
04-22-2012, 02:08 PM
He's a MLB pitcher and this is the Talking Baseball thread. Some people are interested in this news.

You obviously cared enough to open the thread despite seeing what the title said.

Did you start a discussion or just post a link to a news story? What is your angle on this? My angle is that Dan Hudson is probably going the Jon Garland route. I'm not sure why you put his injury in quotation marks, though, as if to imply he's a wuss or something. Was that your angle?

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 02:09 PM
What does "shoulder impingement" mean anyway? Is this a possibly serious injury?

doublem23
04-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Did you start a discussion or just post a link to a news story? What is your angle on this? My angle is that Dan Hudson is probably going the Jon Garland route. I'm not sure why you put his injury in quotation marks, though, as if to imply he's a wuss or something. Was that your angle?

Quote marks are a universal sign that you are quoting the cited reference.

Broccoli Rob
04-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote marks are a universal sign that you are quoting the cited reference.

Right, because nobody ever injects quotation marks to imply skepticism when writing.

doublem23
04-22-2012, 02:12 PM
What does "shoulder impingement" mean anyway? Is this a possibly serious injury?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoulder_impingement

Looks like it has varying levels of severity and treatment

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 02:13 PM

No. I put it in quotes because that's the wording from the article and I'm not familiar with the term.

doublem23
04-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Right, because nobody ever injects quotation marks to imply skepticism when writing.

A lot of people here use teal to denote sarcasm. Since shoulder impingement is a pretty technical term, I think its a pretty safe assumption that the OP was merely quoting what was being reported.

At any rate, Hudson is an MLB starter for a team other than the Sox or Cubs. He's injured. The OP posted the news in the correct forum. The only person in this thread acting inappropriately is yourself. Might be time to corral the dogs a little bit.

Bucky F. Dent
04-22-2012, 06:49 PM
That's too bad. He's been making a name for himself w/ the D-backs

Lip Man 1
04-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Can't wait to read Phil Rogers take on this. LOL!

Lip

BleacherBandit
04-22-2012, 08:00 PM
What's Edwin Jackson up to?

DSpivack
04-22-2012, 09:11 PM
What's Edwin Jackson up to?

On the Nats, who are off to a great start (though Jackson isn't).

slavko
04-22-2012, 10:10 PM

Remember those old threads about the Cubbies reporting arm problems to their pitchers? "Shoulder impingement" could mean a severed arm.

kittle42
04-23-2012, 09:59 AM

Jeez - how in the world does someone get *this* from the original post?