PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the game thread last night

kufram
04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
I want to thank WSI and everybody on it for making last night more enjoyable for me. I came to WSI after the World Series in 2005 because, living in England, I didn't have anyone around me interested. I spent the season and especially the series jumping up and down on my own sometimes, at 3 or 4:00 am.

Last night the game thread allowed me to feel like I was a part of it and I actually felt like I was sharing the experience with people. It almost felt like i was there. So thank you.

ChiSoxGal85
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
You're welcome! I have always your contributions to this board. No matter where we live, we are all White Sox fans and one big (mostly) happy family! :bandance:

GoGoCrede
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I want to thank WSI and everybody on it for making last night more enjoyable for me. I came to WSI after the World Series in 2005 because, living in England, I didn't have anyone around me interested. I spent the season and especially the series jumping up and down on my own sometimes, at 3 or 4:00 am.

Last night the game thread allowed me to feel like I was a part of it and I actually felt like I was sharing the experience with people. It almost felt like i was there. So thank you.

That's how I feel, too. I wasn't able to watch it live except for the last three outs, and having that thread made it special because I know the other people in the thread felt the exact same way as I did - nervous and twitchy. This is why baseball is so special - it brings together people who would otherwise have never met or had anything in common. I do love how much we were all jinxing it in the thread, talking about Buehrle's perfect game and calling everyone we knew. :tongue:

Totally jealous that you live in England, by the way. When I studied abroad in Rome, I used to LOVE day games because that meant I could actually watch it live and post in the game thread. Night games, not so much.

Irishsoxfan
04-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Another 'day' game tonight for us foreigners to enjoy.

#1swisher
04-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Game Day Thread is always a good time, when there's nothing to complain about. :tongue:

:gosox:

Broccoli Rob
04-22-2012, 02:15 PM
When I heard about WSI my friend told me there was a chat part of the website (this was in 2005 when I was abroad). Is that still around?

SoxandtheCityTee
04-22-2012, 02:20 PM
I do love how much we were all jinxing it in the thread, talking about Buehrle's perfect game and calling everyone we knew. :tongue:

At the end of the 7th I texted about 20 friends & family. Text began "Call your sons, call your daughters . . " Most of the diehards were already watching, but you never know. :D:

LongLiveFisk
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
That's awesome....thank you for sharing that unique perspective.

I think it's great that we have fans overseas; particularly in areas where MLB is probably not the least bit popular. :smile:

voodoochile
04-22-2012, 02:43 PM
That's how I feel, too. I wasn't able to watch it live except for the last three outs, and having that thread made it special because I know the other people in the thread felt the exact same way as I did - nervous and twitchy. This is why baseball is so special - it brings together people who would otherwise have never met or had anything in common. I do love how much we were all jinxing it in the thread, talking about Buehrle's perfect game and calling everyone we knew. :tongue:

Totally jealous that you live in England, by the way. When I studied abroad in Rome, I used to LOVE day games because that meant I could actually watch it live and post in the game thread. Night games, not so much.

I wasn't paying much attention because I could only follow on Gamecast, but then when it got to 6th and he was still perfect I thought about joining the game thread, but didn't want to change anything. I'm not majorly superstitious, but I wasn't going to risk it this time...:tongue:

October26
04-22-2012, 02:56 PM

Thank you. I am a very sentimental/emotional person so I was wringing my hands, trying to keep my heart from bursting out of my chest, and pacing while watching Humber's Perfect Game yesterday - especially during the last 3 innings. It was great to be in the game thread with you and all of the other Sox fans, and to be together as we watched history unfold. I, too, appreciate your unique perspective. And yes, WSI, is really wonderful (well - most of the time, anyway). :grouphug:

Another 'day' game tonight for us foreigners to enjoy.

Great! And I'm headed to the game thread is a few minutes, so see both you (and everyone else) there!

GoGoCrede
04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
I wasn't paying much attention because I could only follow on Gamecast, but then when it got to 6th and he was still perfect I thought about joining the game thread, but didn't want to change anything. I'm not majorly superstitious, but I wasn't going to risk it this time...:tongue:

Haha, I wondered how many people were hovering but afraid to post. I thought for sure the gamethread would be blamed for jinxing Humber if he didn't get it. :redneck

voodoochile
04-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Haha, I wondered how many people were hovering but afraid to post. I thought for sure the gamethread would be blamed for jinxing Humber if he didn't get it. :redneck

I didn't even click on it...:redface:

I was like NO WAY...

guillensdisciple
04-22-2012, 03:41 PM
I was counseling Philip throughout his journey in the last inning. Solely motivational yelling to the tv screen

Aesero
04-22-2012, 05:01 PM

That was me. Didn't open up the forums at all, just sat in the same spot every time he took the mound.