PDA

View Full Version : Cubs trade Byrd to Sawx

doublem23
04-21-2012, 08:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7839563/chicago-cubs-trade-marlon-byrd-boston-red-sox

Cubs will recieve Michael Bowden who, IIRC, is from the Chicago area and I believe we have some relatives of his posting here. Sorry your boy is going to be wearing Baby Blue pajamas, but no conflict of interest, as you can surely root for him as hard as you want and they won't be winning too much. :cool:

The Immigrant
04-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Bowden kicked our ass a few years ago, and then I never heard of him again. I think his uncle posts here.

StillMissOzzie
04-22-2012, 02:46 AM
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7839563/chicago-cubs-trade-marlon-byrd-boston-red-sox

Cubs will recieve Michael Bowden who, IIRC, is from the Chicago area and I believe we have some relatives of his posting here. Sorry your boy is going to be wearing Baby Blue pajamas, but no conflict of interest, as you can surely root for him as hard as you want and they won't be winning too much. :cool:

Bowden kicked our ass a few years ago, and then I never heard of him again. I think his uncle posts here.

Correctamundo, both of you! yes, Mike is my nephew. He made his MLB debut against the Sox in a spot start a few years ago now and got his first victory that night. Bounced around a lot between the parent club and Pawtucket the last few years, and had been relegated to mop-up duty for the last two seasons. I am happy he got out of Boston, but I am oh-so-slightly conflicted. I always want to see him do well, not so much with his new team.

SMO
:gulp::redface::D:

DumpJerry
04-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Correctamundo, both of you! yes, Mike is my nephew. He made his MLB debut against the Sox in a spot start a few years ago now and got his first victory that night. Bounced around a lot between the parent club and Pawtucket the last few years, and had been relegated to mop-up duty for the last two seasons. I am happy he got out of Boston, but I am oh-so-slightly conflicted. I always want to see him do well, not so much with his new team.

SMO
Look at the bright side: free Cub tickets! Congrats to your nephew for having the opportunity to play in front of the family that drove him to all those Little League and high school games.

Marqhead
04-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Brett Jackson, your table is ready.

guillensdisciple
04-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Isn't this kind of dumb for the Red Sox considering they don't need hitting?

doublem23
04-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Isn't this kind of dumb for the Red Sox considering they don't need hitting?

They've got 2 OF on the DL right now, though. Byrd's hitting .100 something right now, but he's still a good CF.

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 03:44 PM

He's a graduate of Waubonsie Valley H.S. in Aurora.

Broccoli Rob
04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
He's a graduate of Waubonsie Valley H.S. in Aurora.

Aurora is in the Chicago metro area.

doublem23
04-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Brett Jackson, your table is ready.

Cubs announced Jackson is staying at Iowa for now

Marqhead
04-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Cubs announced Jackson is staying at Iowa for now

Read that as well. Only a matter of time, I bet he's up before the trade deadline.

Hitmen77
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Aurora is in the Chicago metro area.

I didn't say it wasn't.

Thome25
04-23-2012, 08:57 PM

SMO

Blood is thicker than baseball....if you root for him with the Cubs, no one here will think less of you.

Hitmen77
04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Here's an article about Bowden:

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/sports/12112824-419/baseball-waubonsie-grad-michael-bowden-joins-cubs.html

doublem23
04-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Read that as well. Only a matter of time, I bet he's up before the trade deadline.

I always forget, what is the Magic Date that calling him up before would push his arbitration years ahead of schedule? Somewhere in mid-May, right? Have a sneaky feeling we'll be seeing him at Wrigley the day after.

soxfanreggie
04-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I always forget, what is the Magic Date that calling him up before would push his arbitration years ahead of schedule? Somewhere in mid-May, right? Have a sneaky feeling we'll be seeing him at Wrigley the day after.

You're right. No sense in ruining that during what many of my Cub fan friends term as a "lost year" for rebuilding.