PDA

View Full Version : This Sox season..

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-22-2002, 11:06 PM
This season really reminds me of the Flubbie season of 1999. We started out doing really well & then at some point ( for the Flubs it was getting swept by the Sox ) we fell the **** apart and are swirling down the toilet bowl.
Can anyone help me find that defining moment that sent us so horribly wrong?

Procol Harum
07-22-2002, 11:51 PM
It's hard to think of ONE defining moment, as we seem to establish new defining moments every few days that define how low this team can go (maybe that will be this edition of the White Sox' nickname--the Limbo Sox). But, if I had to settle for one, the series wherein we were swept in Anaheim at the turn of May would probably get my vote.

Jerry_Manuel
07-23-2002, 12:01 AM
Parque, Jim.

Discuss.

Procol Harum
07-23-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Parque, Jim.

Discuss.

If we stretch the boundaries before the actual playin' of games--how about the Ritchie for Fogg/Wells/Lowe trade?

jlh221fan
07-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Funny - I thought the exact same thing today. God, I hope the last 2 months don't follow the '99 Cubs or it's nothing but losing for 60 more games or whatever and zero hope for next season.

DonkeyKongerko
07-23-2002, 01:00 AM
hate to continue this trend of eerie similarities but the cubs are also doing their part. their 2nd half performance so far is like a decent rise to power of the '99 white sox. please oh please dont tell me the cubs are going to win the division next year.

oh yeah and for the award of most ironic baseball article of the season: anyone remember the ESPN.com's preseason special on the rise to power of Chicago baseball (both teams)? :smile:

Keystone Combo
07-23-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
This season really reminds me of the Flubbie season of 1999. We started out doing really well & then at some point ( for the Flubs it was getting swept by the Sox ) we fell the **** apart and are swirling down the toilet bowl.
Can anyone help me find that defining moment that sent us so horribly wrong?

How about everytime the Sox went west of the Mississippi to attempt to play baseball????

Chisox_cali
07-23-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
But, if I had to settle for one, the series wherein we were swept in Anaheim at the turn of May would probably get my vote.

Worst moment in all of my life as a White Sox Fan..... UGH!

:chunks

Chisox353014
07-23-2002, 10:06 AM
My vote goes to the back-to-back late-inning losses to the Skankees at Comiskey. That was the moment I knew this team had no chance to do anything.

CubKilla
07-23-2002, 04:13 PM
All good, but with the exception of a sweep by Oakland in late April, this team fell apart at the 7 game losing streak in late May/early June.

No-Neck
07-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Cubkilla, you're right on the money, the Memorial day game (Wright gave up 6 in the first inning before a sell-out) and entire series against the Yankees started the nose-dive. I was there for all three games and after Foulke blew the second game, I knew this season was toast.

They couldn't compete with the big boys.

MisterB
07-23-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
All good, but with the exception of a sweep by Oakland in late April, this team fell apart at the 7 game losing streak in late May/early June.

Have to agree with that one. It took us from 7 games over down to .500, and we haven't been more than 1 game over since. Interesting how sweeping the Yanks and Injuns back to back helped catapult us forward in 2000, and getting swept by them back to back has sunk us this year.