PDA

View Full Version : Any WSIers at Safeco this weekend?

soxfan2504
04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi all,

I know Iím not the most regular poster here at WSI, and that this message is very last-minute, but I was wondering, is anyone on here going to be in attendance at either tonight or tomorrow's Sox/Mís game at Safeco Field? I am attending tonightís game with a co-worker, but may be going alone tomorrow (may go Sunday, haven't decided yet), and am wondering if there may be any fellow Sox fans on here that will be in attendance that would like to meet up at the park.

Havenít gotten any tix as of yet (waiting to get to the ballpark each day to buy tix), so I donít know exactly where Iíll be sitting, but Iím shooting for UD somewhere around the infield.

For what itís worth, although I have met a number of displaced Chicagoans since moving to the Pacific NW last summer, the vast majority are unfortunately Cubs fans, hence itís why I ask.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me or directly reply to this thread.

Thanks!

ohthosechisox
04-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I hope you ended up going to the game today!

SOX LA Mikey
04-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Dadgummit! I so planned to be in Seattle this weekend, but coldnt get Friday off to travel there and settled for the 3 games in Oakland instead.
I hope another one of our guys throws a No-no...

goofymsfan
04-22-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm at every Home Mariner's game, same spot in the lower level of the 'Pen area right next to the M's bullpen. it's also known as #GirlsCorner because there is a group of us that are almost always there.

soxfan2504
04-23-2012, 12:34 AM
I hope you ended up going to the game today!

I did do so. I'm still utterly shocked as to what I saw, especially as I thought there was no way Ryan went around from the vantage point I had. But it was the good kind of shock.

At that point I turned away for a few moments, assuming Ryan had walked, then looked back, saw everyone mobbing Humber, and I then realized what had happened.

Ended up ironically going with a Cub fan friend; glad I got to introduce him to something he's never seen before, quality play from a Chicago baseball team. :D:

SephClone89
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Ended up ironically going with a Cub fan friend; glad I got to introduce him to something he's never seen before, quality play from a Chicago baseball team. :D:

Hope he was well aware that you only invited him for the irony.