PDA

View Full Version : Watching a team fall apart.


NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-22-2002, 10:38 PM
This game is just so indicative of how this season has gone for the pale hose. We are getting blown out, AGAIN! JM puts on a phony act pretending to be upset at a good call and gets launched, Biddle nicks a guy on the elbow & gets launched. This is just so totally painful to watch.


ACK!!!

doublem23
07-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
This game is just so indicative of how this season has gone for the pale hose. We are getting blown out, AGAIN! JM puts on a phony act pretending to be upset at a good call and gets launched, Biddle nicks a guy on the elbow & gets launched. This is just so totally painful to watch.


ACK!!!

And yet, I keep watching.

God, I love these bums.

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 10:42 PM
So he's showing fake emotion?

A guy who is calm like he is, can only take so much of this crap.

SoxRule
07-22-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
So he's showing fake emotion?

A guy who is calm like he is, can only take so much of this crap.


So can the fans...

duke of dorwood
07-22-2002, 11:29 PM
A fine showing in front of a big crowd-and who gets more cheap hits than the Twinks?

Chisox_cali
07-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
A fine showing in front of a big crowd-and who gets more cheap hits than the Twinks?

It's great that all their hard work and dedication is gonna get them no where, with the strong possibility of the strike coming.

Nellie_Fox
07-23-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Biddle nicks a guy on the elbow & gets launched. It was interesting to listen to the Twins TV guys on this. Their play-by-play guy (I can't think of his name) is just going nuts, saying it was "obvious" that Biddle hit him on purpose. Color guy Bert Blyleven calmly says that it wasn't that far inside, and Pierzynski didn't make much of an effort to get out of the way.

When Foulke came in, play-by-play guy starts ranting about how Foulke had said earlier in the year that he'd never say the Twins were a better team, and that since he was going to be looking up from 14 games back, he should change his tune. Blyleven said that any player who would believe another team is better doesn't have enough competitive spirit. PBP guy says, "yeah, but from 14 games back? What about tipping your cap and admitting you're being beaten by a better team?" Blyleven said "I was on Indians teams that were basically out of the race by mid-May. We still believed we were better than the Yankees."

I've come to like Blyleven as a broadcaster.

Keystone Combo
07-23-2002, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It was interesting to listen to the Twins TV guys on this. Their play-by-play guy (I can't think of his name) is just going nuts, saying it was "obvious" that Biddle hit him on purpose. Color guy Bert Blyleven calmly says that it wasn't that far inside, and Pierzynski didn't make much of an effort to get out of the way.

When Foulke came in, play-by-play guy starts ranting about how Foulke had said earlier in the year that he'd never say the Twins were a better team, and that since he was going to be looking up from 14 games back, he should change his tune. Blyleven said that any player who would believe another team is better doesn't have enough competitive spirit. PBP guy says, "yeah, but from 14 games back? What about tipping your cap and admitting you're being beaten by a better team?" Blyleven said "I was on Indians teams that were basically out of the race by mid-May. We still believed we were better than the Yankees."

I've come to like Blyleven as a broadcaster.

Bert Blyleven always was a class person....... He would probably make an excellent pitching coach too.