PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park used as stock footage by SyFy

Frontman
04-18-2012, 07:50 PM
I was watching Syfy earlier and saw the commerical for their movie this weekend, "Alien Tornado." Normally I don't give these sorts of movies more than a glance, but I couldn't help but notice something that the blue-seat era of New Comiskey was a part of the special effects.

Warning, this footage contains a scoreboard that might make you want to vomit....

ZsBNYHnsUws

Pause at 21 seconds. That is the current US Cellular Field, you can see the blue seats, the outer stairs that were constructed in the shape of Old Comiskey, the train tracks just west of the park, the classic White Sox scoreboard while another scoreboard is coming up from the ballpark.....

Madvora
04-18-2012, 07:54 PM
AAAhhhhh!!! Pause it at 0:21. That's the WRIGLEY scoreboard flying up at the camera!

Frontman
04-18-2012, 07:56 PM
AAAhhhhh!!! Pause it at 0:21. That's the WRIGLEY scoreboard flying up at the camera!

From the Sox ballpark!!! It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!!

SBSoxFan
04-18-2012, 07:57 PM

That's because Wrigley is falling apart and can barely stand on a quiet day. It's no wonder a tornado would take it down. Yet, Comiskey stands firm.

Must see TV there --- the women in the promo used to be in Sliders (when it wasn't so good anymore).

#1swisher
04-18-2012, 08:04 PM
I'll program the DVR :D:

DSpivack
04-18-2012, 08:06 PM
The first shot is outside the park, post-renovation USCF.
The second shot is from above, pre-renovation Comiskey II.

Odd.

TDog
04-18-2012, 08:06 PM
That is very odd, and it doesn't happen by accident. I don't know why someone would find it necessary to throw the Wrigley Field scoreboard into the destruction of New Comiskey, especially when the proper scoreboard was visible in previous frames.

I know a lot of things are seamlessly blended together in films. Directors shoot from the retired Army piers at Fort Mason in San Francisco for the background, but they blend together the shots to make it look like the actors are stepping out onto the balcony of an apartment or office that was actually filmed in a studio. I've seen that in a few films, but unless you know Fort Mason, you wouldn't even notice. Throwing a Wrigley Field scoreboard out of pre-USCF New Comiskey, though, strikes me as a continuity problem.

Frontman
04-18-2012, 08:08 PM
It was the Wrigley Scoreboard that caught my eye at first. Little did I know the aliens would attack USCF.

Madvora
04-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Frank Lapidus from LOST too.

SoxandtheCityTee
04-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Frontman, what "outer stairs" do you mean?

thomas35forever
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
The first shot is outside the park, post-renovation USCF.
The second shot is from above, pre-renovation Comiskey II.

Odd.

No one ever said TV movies were good at continuity.

tstrike2000
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM

Just shows you what a piece of garbage Wrigley is. Storms from 8 miles away are sucking stuff out of the ballpark.

GoGoCrede
04-19-2012, 12:04 AM
No one ever said TV movies were good at continuity.

They lost credibility with the dumb Syfy name change.

Rikirk
04-19-2012, 12:51 AM
An alien tornado?!

Seriously?

Not only that but they cant do reasearch and get the right scoreboard, ....

That is too laughable.

ZombieRob
04-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Movie looks awesome!! Kari Wuhrer = Oh My Can't wait!.

Frontman
04-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Frontman, what "outer stairs" do you mean?

The north gate. They designed it to follow the footprint of the old ballpark.