PDA

View Full Version : Konerko and Pierzynski (through Monday)

JB98
04-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Combined numbers on Paulie and A.J. through Monday:

.371 avg., 5 2Bs, 1 3B, 4 HRs, 18 RBIs

Combined numbers on the other 11 position players:

.202 avg., 10 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 8 HRs, 16 RBIs

Two hitters -- at age 36 and 35, respectively -- have produced 53 percent of this team's RBIs so far.

Props to these two guys for showing up and raking out of the gate this year. Absolutely carrying this offense.

#1swisher
04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Just posted both for todays PTC :tiphat:

LITTLE NELL
04-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Meanwhile our 4 automatic outs are on this pace for 162 games.

Dunn......18 HRs......54 RBIs
Rios.......18 HRs.......18 RBIs
Morel......0 HRs........36 RBIs
Beckham.0 HRs........0 RBISs

I hate to be negative but these guys look worse than last year. Dunn looks a little bit better but for someone making 14 million he sure as hell isn't earning it.

guillensdisciple
04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Does not bode well for us if those two are hitting that hot early and everyone else continues to struggle. Aj and Paulie will have a decrease in production and it will be up to the rest to fill that void. If they don't this offense will be putrid.

WhiteSox5187
04-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Meanwhile our 4 automatic outs are on this pace for 162 games.

Dunn......18 HRs......54 RBIs
Rios.......18 HRs.......18 RBIs
Morel......0 HRs........36 RBIs
Beckham.0 HRs........0 RBISs

That's a bit silly though because it's so early. Konerko is on pace to have an impressive 162 game hitting streak too.

As for Paulie and AJ, the two are professionals and you know what you're going to get out of them. Though AJ's power surge of late is somewhat unexpected.

LITTLE NELL
04-17-2012, 01:55 PM
That's a bit silly though because it's so early. Konerko is on pace to have an impressive 162 game hitting streak too.

As for Paulie and AJ, the two are professionals and you know what you're going to get out of them. Though AJ's power surge of late is somewhat unexpected.

I don't think its silly at all, have you seen Beckham and Morel this year?

DumpJerry
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Good thing the thread title did not read "Morel and Beckham (through Monday)"

There isn't enough bandwidth available worldwide to handle all the posts that same the same thing over and over ("they suck and should be shot at dawn").

soxinem1
04-17-2012, 02:30 PM

There isn't enough bandwidth available worldwide to handle all the posts that same the same thing over and over ("they suck and should be shot at dawn").

:smile:

asindc
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM

At dawn?! Before tonight's game!!

tstrike2000
04-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Can they carry the offense until their early 40's so we can cycle through some players who can actually hit?

October26
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM

:roflmao: Hilarious! Thank you for making me laugh today - I really needed it.

dwitt76
04-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Updated
Konerko + AJ = 20 RBI's
Rest of team = 16 RBI's

ChiSoxGirl
04-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Combined numbers on Paulie and A.J. through Monday:

.371 avg., 5 2Bs, 1 3B, 4 HRs, 18 RBIs

Combined numbers on the other 11 position players:

.202 avg., 10 2Bs, 3 3Bs, 8 HRs, 16 RBIs

Two hitters -- at age 36 and 35, respectively -- have produced 53 percent of this team's RBIs so far.

Props to these two guys for showing up and raking out of the gate this year. Absolutely carrying this offense.

A.J. was at it again last night, coming through in the clutch with a two-RBI double. Those two RBIs proved to be the only two runs the Sox scored.

Noneck
04-18-2012, 11:23 AM
It would be really nice for AJ to have a good year going into july.

#1swisher
04-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Emphasis is on this season for Beckham not the last two.
Gordon working on putting his front left foot down sooner, it's not his hands.

Morel is the no. 2 hitter due to his ability to lay down sac bunts. He just needs to be more aggressive within the zone.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0418-bits-white-sox-orioles-chicago--20120418,0,6075742.story

DonnieDarko
04-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Emphasis is on this season for Beckham not the last two.
Gordon working on putting his front left foot down sooner, it's not his hands.

Morel is the no. 2 hitter due to his ability to lay down sac bunts. He just needs to be more aggressive within the zone.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-spt-0418-bits-white-sox-orioles-chicago--20120418,0,6075742.story

Didn't realize that thing about Beckham (though I have noticed an improvement at the plate, however marginal), but for Morel I think that that's spot on. I don't think that I've seen a more passive hitter than Morel has been as of late. He needs to be more aggressive at the plate, IMHO.

kufram
04-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Didn't realize that thing about Beckham (though I have noticed an improvement at the plate, however marginal), but for Morel I think that that's spot on. I don't think that I've seen a more passive hitter than Morel has been as of late. He needs to be more aggressive at the plate, IMHO.

Yes... Morel needs to swing at the strikes on the outside corner and take them to right. Wasn't he doing that last year?

DonnieDarko
04-19-2012, 08:00 AM
Yes... Morel needs to swing at the strikes on the outside corner and take them to right. Wasn't he doing that last year?

Selective aggression. :P

I mean, surely you have to know how many times he's struck out looking.

Railsplitter
04-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Frankly, I the stats should generally be overlooked in April. Remeber, the Sox went from first place to .500 in only three days. If these guys start hitting the ball, itll get better Do you honestly think those .375 averages you see this time of year will hold up?

kufram
04-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Selective aggression. :P

I mean, surely you have to know how many times he's struck out looking.

Yes, that's what I was referring to. With 2 strikes you have to swing at anything close. I hate Ks looking.

ChiSoxGal85
04-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Yes, he was - that's what's so frustrating for me, and part of why I thought he'd be good in the 2 hole - he seemed to be capable of driving those pitches to right/right center. Now he's getting those pitches and whiffing on them.

whitesox4eva
04-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Frankly, I the stats should generally be overlooked in April. Remeber, the Sox went from first place to .500 in only three days. If these guys start hitting the ball, itll get better Do you honestly think those .375 averages you see this time of year will hold up?

Only the really bad will continue on all year, but the real good (PK and AJ) will not. Another poster was commenting on how if we go through the whole year as we have been going so far Dunn, Rios, Morel, and Bacon will suck. But if we apply that 162 to PK and AJ they will finish the season like this:

AJ will finish they year hitting .400 he will hit around 64 home runs and around 208 RBIs.

De Aza will finish the year only hitting .233 but still hitting 48 home runs and having around 96 RBIs

PK will finish the year hitting .349 hitting only around 16 home runs (less than De Aza :o: ) but still having 144 RBIs

If Peavy pitches 30 games this year he is on pace to have 20 wins, no losses and a sub-3 ERA. Humber is also set to go the whole year winless but with a sub-2 ERA.

I think we still have a chance. :tongue:

shingo10
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Do you guys think AJ would be willing to be moved in that situation came up?

And would the return even be worth it for a catcher who's a free agent at the end of the year?

Hopefully we don't get to that point.

Noneck
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Do you guys think AJ would be willing to be moved in that situation came up?

And would the return even be worth it for a catcher who's a free agent at the end of the year?

Hopefully we don't get to that point.

If the Sox tell him they have no intention of signing him after this year, I think AJ will agree to be traded.

Something will be looked as better than nothing even if its salary relief.