PDA

View Full Version : Lets cut Ritchie some slack...

LukyBoysConfusin
07-22-2002, 10:00 PM
I think Todd is having one of those years that stats cant show. Yes, he leads the majors in loses...and his e.r.a...well it sucks...but look at it this way... Todd has had a lot of "loses" where he got like like 2 runs or less for run-srupport. Again, when he isn't getting knocked around...hes in the game for 7+ innings... and he is keeping the white sox in the game. I also think with all the critisism he has taken. he will start to improve and will have a great second half/2003 season... What does everyone elese think...?

chisoxt
07-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Which games have you been watching? For crying out loud, Ritchie's ERA stinks and he gives up way too many runs after two are out. Run support or not, this guy SUCKS!

The only thing you can't blame hime for is that he wasn't the idion who made the bonehead trade in the forst place. And we all know who that is!

balboner
07-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Ritchie could have easily have given up 10 runs today w/o the good defense and bad baserunning. Maybe he'll tear his labrum, it would be a good thing.

SoxRule
07-22-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by LukyBoysConfusin
I think Todd is having one of those years that stats cant show. Yes, he leads the majors in loses...and his e.r.a...well it sucks...but look at it this way... Todd has had a lot of "loses" where he got like like 2 runs or less for run-srupport. Again, when he isn't getting knocked around...hes in the game for 7+ innings... and he is keeping the white sox in the game. I also think with all the critisism he has taken. he will start to improve and will have a great second half/2003 season... What does everyone elese think...?

He sucks like the rest of this team.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-22-2002, 11:00 PM

How about we cut him in half instead??

Dadawg_77
07-22-2002, 11:35 PM

Todd Ritchie has pitched 125 inn, allowed 164 hits, 47 walks and hit 5 guys for a WHIP of 1.69. Hitters are hitting .310 off of him this season with a slug % of .495. That shows he is getting smack around. Ritchie is 39 in the AL for Run support at 4.68 runs a game. God, he sucks.

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Todd Ritchie has pitched 125 inn, allowed 164 hits, 47 walks and hit 5 guys for a WHIP of 1.69. Hitters are hitting .310 off of him this season with a slug % of .495. That shows he is getting smack around. Ritchie is 39 in the AL for Run support at 4.68 runs a game. God, he sucks.

It's a new era Dawg, no need to be bitter. Coopers' going to turn him around.

danman31
07-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
How about we cut him in half instead?? How about we just cut him period?

Tragg
07-23-2002, 12:17 AM
Todd has had a lot of "loses" where he got like like 2 runs or less for run-srupport.

Good Lord, he has a 6+ ERA and we traded 2 young pitchers for him. He deserves NO slack; and neither do williams/scheuler for trading for his sorry ass.

jlh221fan
07-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Are you out of your mind? Your comments would have made sense in mid-May but not now! Since his decent start on May 15th vs. the Rangers, he has been horrible with just 2 exceptions: losses at Atlanta and Detroit. He pitched poorly in his 2 wins.

Keystone Combo
07-23-2002, 02:47 AM
I can remember "Hard Luck" Joel Horlen from the sixties, but my friend Todd Ritchie is no Joel Horlen!!!!

Jjav829
07-23-2002, 02:56 AM
If you had just left out the "some slack" part of this post...

34 Inch Stick
07-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Maybe he will have a good second half to 2003...but I can't wait for a full year to pass before he pitches adequately. Ritchie was an average pitcher coming into this year. He will statistically be the worst pitcher in the American League ending the year.

harwar
07-23-2002, 09:40 AM
I want to see Crede & Borchard up here and playing everyday but i don't see any reason to mess with the pitching staff anymore.I mean,whats the point now?Let the useless-sack-of sh#t go out there every 5 days and prove to us why he was worth 3 solid pitchers.I hope ken williams has nightmares.

dougs78
07-23-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
If you had just left out the "some slack" part of this post...

LOL....great point jjav...

Seriously though, this trade has gone beyond the realm of all comprehension. I have no idea what it is, but its remarkable for me to believe that we traded 3 pitchers that were average, AT WORST, last year for a pitcher who is quite possibly the worst I have ever seen. I say without any qualms that Kip Wells, Sean Lowe and Josh Fogg were all better pitchers last year than Todd Ritchie is this year. That no one in our organization even foresaw this possibility is mind-boggling.

I'll admit that when the trade was made i supported it. I supported it based on what I was lead to believe Todd Ritchie was and that is a 12-15 game winner who would keep us in ball games and go out and give us an consistent effort. The consistnecy was key since we have plenty of young and inconsistent pitchers. Well, in a twisted way, I got my wish. Todd Ritchie has been remarkably consistent. Its almost like clockwork now... somewhere between 3-5 innings, 8 runs, 14 hits, 6 walks a hit batsman and inevitably a loss.

CuckTheFubs
07-23-2002, 10:15 AM
If there was one reason for me to cut Ritchie some slack, it would be because he seems like a decent guy. Ritchie is no Navarro. God I hated Navarro both as a player and the public persona.

:ritchie :jaime

Dadawg_77
07-23-2002, 10:21 AM
You know what the sick thing is, he will be our number three next year. Damnit, can the Sox just give major league time to get rid of him.

ChiSoxBobette
07-23-2002, 10:27 AM
I was at the game last night against the twins and let me tell you this guy Ritchie has'nt got a clue as to how to get someone out. He must have been 1 & 2, 0 & 2 almost every batter and he could'nt get anybody out. When guys can hit you when you're 0 & 2 , 1 & 2 and not just hits line drives or H.R.'s. Lets face it K.W. thought he was stealing another John Lieber from the Pirates instead the Pirates were just dumping another Jaime Navarro on us and stealing two good young pitchers from us.
Go White Sox :angry: :(: :(:

alohafri
07-23-2002, 11:19 AM
AMEN CSBob.

PANFIRECRACKER
07-23-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I was at the game last night against the twins and let me tell you this guy Ritchie has'nt got a clue as to how to get someone out. He must have been 1 & 2, 0 & 2 almost every batter and he could'nt get anybody out. When guys can hit you when you're 0 & 2 , 1 & 2 and not just hits line drives or H.R.'s. Lets face it K.W. thought he was stealing another John Lieber from the Pirates instead the Pirates were just dumping another Jaime Navarro on us and stealing two good young pitchers from us.
Go White Sox :angry: :(: :(:

Incredibly bad with 2 outs also, can't close the inning out

MisterB
07-23-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dougs78
Seriously though, this trade has gone beyond the realm of all comprehension. I have no idea what it is, but its remarkable for me to believe that we traded 3 pitchers that were average, AT WORST, last year for a pitcher who is quite possibly the worst I have ever seen.

Don't overstate it. Last year Kip at his worst was BAD. Lowe was great out of the 'pen, so-so as a starter. And Fogg was good in the 13 innings he pitched, but that sample size is kinda small; he wasn't exactly dominating at AAA last year.

I say without any qualms that Kip Wells, Sean Lowe and Josh Fogg were all better pitchers last year than Todd Ritchie is this year. That no one in our organization even foresaw this possibility is mind-boggling.

Forsee what? That Todd would have the worst year of his career this year? That Kipper would finally develop a functional sphincter? That a guy with unimpressive AAA numbers would be ready for a starting job in the majors? Any of these were possible, but all three happening wasn't very likely. Do I think this trade was a bust for us? So far, yes. But this trade looks FAR worse now than it did at the time it was made.