PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Bar in Los Angeles??

nodiggity59
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Don't know if this is the right forum, but I've recently moved to LAla...just wondering if anybody had heard of a Sox bar out here?

I'm hoping there's a spot that might have a satellite deal for me to reliably catch the games...

Thanks.

patbooyah
04-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Where in LA do you live?

nodiggity59
04-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Silver Lake...kinda between downtown and Hollywood roughly.

patbooyah
04-10-2012, 08:44 PM
I used to live in Silver Lake and I would go to Hollywood Billiards, but unfortunately I see that it has been closed.

For younger, kind of annoying spots try Big Wangs (great wings) or Happy Ending, both in the Hollywood area.

1739 Public House is closer to home, but I'd call to make sure they have the MLB package.

There's an ESPN Zone downtown.

Good MicroBrew is probably the closest to you, but again, I'd check TVs. Sorry I'm not more help -- been gone for four years now!

FielderJones
04-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Sorry I'm not more help -- been gone for four years now!

Or the Nash Vegas trip affected your memory. :wink:

nodiggity59
04-11-2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks, man!

Yeah, I've been going to Wangs. Good place.

I guess I was wondering bc there's O'Brien's in Venice/Santa Monica that is a Bears bar...like through and through Bears on Sundays.

Just wondering if there was a similar deal anywhere with Sox...

white sox bill
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
A long time ago I lived in The Valley in Encino (huge difference between SoCal and a peaceful island in Lake Superior) and I was always looking for a Sox friendly bar too but could never find one. Let us know if you do find one as I still go out there every so often on biz.

patbooyah
04-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Tinhorn Flats in North Hollywood is also a nice Bears bar -- or at least it was when I lived there.

If you want to find a big network of Chicago baseball fans, try Windy City Softball, a 16" league out there. Lots of really great people.

http://www.facebook.com/windycitysoftball

And FielderJones -- you hit the nail on the head.

nodiggity59
04-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Funny you should mention Windy City softball. I'm about to do a short video piece on them -- not for work, just in my spare time -- they're a really great bunch. Been going ten years.

Yeah, I'll be sure to ask them too.

ChetChat
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I second the verdict on TinHorn Flats. They're a HUGE Bears bar, but cheer for the little league team that plays on the North Side. I always go in there in my Sox gear regardless. The softball guys are great, say hi to Lou for me. I just moved to LA 15 months ago, and I'm up in Beachwood, not far from you. I've met 2 other DIEHARD Sox fans in my short time here, and 1 lives near me in Hollywood. Looks like the 3 of us could watch some games together, but they are hard to find televised. PM me if you want to email.