PDA

View Full Version : Think Pettis needs to go?

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Cali told me to get off my ass and make something new. As you may or may not know, I made the ever so popular "Fire Nardi" tag. So with Nardi out of the pitcure I bring you:

This isn't a tag yet, but it could be.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=115127

Daver
07-22-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

It will be JM,where the heck is the fire Ward one?

oldcomiskey
07-22-2002, 06:55 PM
I still say it aint Nardis fault that KW saddled him with kids and over rated veterans

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by daver
It will be JM,where the heck is the fire Ward one?

I'm a Ward fan, but I guess I could make one.

Keystone Combo
07-22-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I still say it aint Nardis fault that KW saddled him with kids and over rated veterans

He didn't have all kids in Seattle, what was the excuse there? If he wants to take credit for Mark Buehrle, than he has to take the blame for Keith Foulke, Todd Ritchie, Danny Wright, Gary Glover, etc...... can't have it both ways oldcomiskey. Someone has to go and it wasn't going to be KW or JM.

Pettis must go......... YES YES YES

Daver
07-22-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey

What?

Danny Wright was a good pitcher with 4 pitches he couuld throw for strikes consistently in the minors,he is brought up and suddenly can't get anything across the plate,and it is not the fault of the pitching coach?

Give me a break.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-22-2002, 07:01 PM
I'm a Ward fan, but I guess I could make one.

At least Pettis has our team playing better defense in the outfield. What good has Ward done--besides get Von Joshua fired? We're the streakiest, no-account bunch of buffoons to ever step into the batter's box.

:jerry
"The #1 responsibility of all my coaches is to always make sure I win at gin."

Chisox_cali
07-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Cali told me to get off my ass and make something new. As you may or may not know, I made the ever so popular "Fire Nardi" tag. So with Nardi out of the pitcure I bring you:

1 down 1 to go :D:

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
At least Pettis has our team playing better defense in the outfield. What good has Ward done--besides get Von Joshua fired? We're the streakiest, no-account bunch of buffoons to ever step into the batter's box.

I can't explain this again. I made a thread called "Ward" the other day. When he gets a real offense to work with let me know. Lee is the only one who is suffering because of Ward. Lofton is old and bad. Alomar is old and bad. Royce is, well he's Royce. Frank tunes him out. Magglio and Paul are doing fine. Durham is streaky and has always had the home run swing. Valentin is playing like he always did. Without Thomas hitting behind him, he's not going to hit like he did in 2000.

Originally posted by Chisox_cali
1 down 1 to go :D:

Done.

oldcomiskey
07-23-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by daver

What?

Danny Wright was a good pitcher with 4 pitches he couuld throw for strikes consistently in the minors,he is brought up and suddenly can't get anything across the plate,and it is not the fault of the pitching coach?

Give me a break.

I see your point daver but I wasnt talking about danny wright in particular--I was thinking more on the lines of Glover and Ginter

oldcomiskey
07-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Keystone Combo

He didn't have all kids in Seattle, what was the excuse there? If he wants to take credit for Mark Buehrle, than he has to take the blame for Keith Foulke, Todd Ritchie, Danny Wright, Gary Glover, etc...... can't have it both ways oldcomiskey. Someone has to go and it wasn't going to be KW or JM.

Pettis must go......... YES YES YES
you cant have it both ways either---ritchie sucked in pittsburgh and if you say its nardis fault foulke is bad this year--who gets credit for the good years keith put in

CubKilla
07-24-2002, 09:48 AM
I think the tags you guys make are great, and, I admit, I do not know how you do it. But, I think a great tag would be JR, KW, and all the coaching staff (exception Don Cooper..... he has to prove himself first) lined up, blindfolded, with a cigarette in their mouth and crosshairs on their bodies..... kind of like a firing line. A good caption would be, "Take your pick." Or..... using the same general idea, but put their faces on top of one of those carnival balloon-filling-water-gun-shooting games.

LongDistanceFan
07-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

What good has Ward done--besides get Von Joshua fired?

i thought clayton helped in getting von joshua fired?

steff
07-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
I think the tags you guys make are great, and, I admit, I do not know how you do it. But, I think a great tag would be JR, KW, and all the coaching staff (exception Don Cooper..... he has to prove himself first) lined up, blindfolded, with a cigarette in their mouth and crosshairs on their bodies..... kind of like a firing line. A good caption would be, "Take your pick." Or..... using the same general idea, but put their faces on top of one of those carnival balloon-filling-water-gun-shooting games.

Oh yes... JM if you can make this.. I'll check and see how big I can get it made for Sunday's game. The "fire Jerry" signs were a big hit last night. We had the beer vendor walking around with one. The camera guys came over for a visit, but refused to shoot us holding them. I took a pic though. I'll see if I can get it up this afternoon.

Jerry_Manuel
07-24-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

I'm not good at things like that. However, SnR uses WinningUgly! for graphics like that. I bet he could put that together.

Originally posted by steff3603
Oh yes... JM if you can make this.. I'll check and see how big I can get it made for Sunday's game. The "fire Jerry" signs were a big hit last night. We had the beer vendor walking around with one. The camera guys came over for a visit, but refused to shoot us holding them. I took a pic though. I'll see if I can get it up this afternoon.

I'd love to see the pic.