PDA

View Full Version : Jim Palmer?

Iguana775
07-22-2002, 12:49 PM
on espn's team page, they said he talked with some of the teams pitchers. i wonder if this was a prelude of things to come. maybe once nardi the alien is gone, palmer will take his place? anyone have any dissagrees/agrees with his ability to be a pitching coach? i have no clue if he would be a good one or not.

other options that i can think of off hand i wouldnt mind seeing:

Tommy John
Cal Eldred

Keystone Combo
07-22-2002, 12:58 PM
Jim Palmer might be a good one. Others to consider will be many, maybe Tom Seaver, Tommy John, Kevin Tappani, etc.

I have heard some things about Kirk Champion (hope I have the name right) who is overlooking the White Sox minor league pitchers at present time. I am not sure why he would be a good choice outside of knowing the kids in the system, but if he knew them that well....... why did he let them move Josh Fogg and Kip Wells last winter?

Paulwny
07-22-2002, 01:16 PM
Is Jimmy Key coaching? It was mentioned during a yankmee game this weekend that with the definate retirement of Stottlemeyer (sp) after this year the yanks have offered the position to Key.
He has turned them down twice, it can't be the money.

oldcomiskey
07-22-2002, 05:03 PM
palmer would be good--but only if earl weaver was hired as bench coach

Daver
07-22-2002, 05:32 PM
Tommy John is employed by the Expos as a pitching coach already,KW dropped the ball on that one.

Cal Eldred is a possibilty,but you can't start him at the Major league level.

Two names I would like to see interviewed are Rick Sutcliffe and Rich "Goose" Gossage.

Jerry_Manuel
07-22-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by daver
Two names I would like to see interviewed are Rick Sutcliffe and Rich "Goose" Gossage.

How much are they going to want?