PDA

View Full Version : What other teams have you interested this year?

rdwj
03-31-2012, 12:52 AM
For those of you with MLB TV or other ways to follow other teams in the league, which ones are you really interested in watching this year?

For me it's:

Blue Jays - Bautista is fun to watch and Lawrie should be interesting
Angles - Pujols in the AL - gonna be fun
Marlins - Buehrle, Big Z and Ozzie - seems like a good time

StillMissOzzie
03-31-2012, 02:05 AM
I;m also interested in the two big league-changers this season, with Buehrle moving to the NL ( I predict he kicks some ass ) and Pujols coming over to the LAAAAAAAAAAA

SMO
:gulp:

PKalltheway
03-31-2012, 02:13 AM
For those of you with MLB TV or other ways to follow other teams in the league, which ones are you really interested in watching this year?

For me it's:

Blue Jays - Bautista is fun to watch and Lawrie should be interesting
Angles - Pujols in the AL - gonna be fun
Marlins - Buehrle, Big Z and Ozzie - seems like a good time

Same three for me as well, plus the Reds. Even without Madson closing games, I still feel like this will be a big year for them.

SoxSpeed22
03-31-2012, 02:45 AM
The budding Rangers (Yu)-Angels (Pujols) mega-rivalry.
Even though I hate the Marlins, Buehrle and Ozzie are there.
The Cubs also seem to have a lot of good coaches and management in place (except for the players), so it will be interesting to see if they progress.

DSpivack
03-31-2012, 02:58 AM
Much of my MLB interest lies in the NL East this year; from the zoo that will be the Marlins to the up and coming Nats, to the declining Phillies and Chipper Jones' swan song with the Braves.

The Rangers-Angels rivalry should prove interesting, two franchises with new behemoths of TV deals that sees them rivaling Yankees-Red Sox in terms of the arms-race aspect of payroll. I'm also curious to see how Yu Darvish does, how Albert Pujols settles into his new team, and whether there is any lingering drama or enmity towards CJ Wilson from the Rangers. Also in that division, I'm interested to see how MLB newby Yoesnis Cespedes develops, and how a trio of youngsters perform in Seattle--Montero, Smoak and Ackley.

rdwj
03-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Same three for me as well, plus the Reds. Even without Madson closing games, I still feel like this will be a big year for them.

Funny, I almost added the Reds to my original list

LITTLE NELL
03-31-2012, 06:24 AM
Since I live in Florida I follow the Rays and Marlins and watch a lot of their games.
Will be very interested how well Buerhle does down in Miami this year.

Moses_Scurry
03-31-2012, 08:28 AM
Nationals and Marllins. Whole NL east really.

DirtySox
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Reds, Royals, Jays, and the Nationals.

doublem23
03-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Whoever's playing the Tigers, Twins, Indians, and Royals.

sox1970
03-31-2012, 11:12 AM
I wouldn't say teams, but individual players:

Cespedes, Darvish, Hosmer, Lawrie, Ackley, Strasburg, Harper if he gets called up.

Both East divisions are going to be fun to see how it plays out, especially with the second wildcard.

dwitt76
03-31-2012, 11:41 AM
The midwest teams always take my interest.

NL Central: Reds, Brewers, Cards (fiance's team)

AL Central: Tigers

WhiteSox5187
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I am pulling for the Marlins, the Reds and even though they are in our division I'd love to see the Royals do well. The Pirates also.

FielderJones
04-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Whoever's playing the Tigers, Twins, Indians, and Royals.

:nod: :thumbsup:

palehozenychicty
04-01-2012, 01:46 AM
I like watching the Phils and Giants in the NL. Living in New York near Yankee Stadium, I follow them and am curious about the adjustment of Michael Piņeda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Irishsox1
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Oakland A's. Love watching the "genius" get smacked around by Texas and Anaheim.

soxfanatlanta
04-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Obviously the Braves. The Cardinals, too.

DonnieDarko
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Obviously the Marlins for reasons others have pointed out. I also have always liked the Rangers.

russ99
04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
The Marlins for sure - new park, Ozzie, Buehrle, Zambozo, Reyes and a good young team.

Also, I'm more interested in the Astros (my second team) this year over others since it's their 50th anniversary (and last in the NL) and they're doing lots of throwbacks this year. It also should be interesting to see which of their young players playing in the majors this year pan out.

In the AL, the Blue Jays look interesting, maybe they can beat one of the three AL East contenders to a playoff spot.