RKMeibalane
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
_G_UTDD_Tkk

tebman
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
:scratch:

voodoochile
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Who knew Royce's Mom was so adept at editing together videos...

SOX ADDICT '73
03-31-2012, 07:55 PM
I can't believe someone spent tens of minutes of their life putting that together.

DumpJerry
03-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Was the made for his induction ceremony?

FielderJones
04-01-2012, 12:18 AM
:thechoice

downstairs
04-02-2012, 04:38 PM
I can't believe someone spent tens of minutes of their life putting that together.

Royce Clayton has that sort of time on his hands. Just sayin'

MrT27
04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Odd video. On a related note I never understood all the Royce Clayton hate on this board. No he was never a great hitter but never really hurt the Sox with his bat either and he always had a good glove. Both his years on the Sox he was 3rd at SS in fielding %.

RKMeibalane
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Odd video. On a related note I never understood all the Royce Clayton hate on this board. No he was never a great hitter but never really hurt the Sox with his bat either and he always had a good glove. Both his years on the Sox he was 3rd at SS in fielding %.

Something he was never shy about touting, even as the rest of his game suffered. What he didn't admit- but the rest of us knew- was that his fielding percentage was largely the result of his not attempting to field ground balls hit to his right. In the rare event that he managed to track down a ball hit between shortstop and third base, he "stuck it in his pocket," rather than risking a throw.

I agree that Clayton was "never a great hitter," but that didn't excuse his abysmal performance with the White Sox. Any Major League player hitting below the .100-mark clearly isn't performing at an appropriate level, regardless of his place in the batting order. Jerry Manuel was certainly culpable for giving Clayton playing time, but Manuel's poor decision-making didn't excuse Royce's poor performance when he was in the lineup.

There was also the matter of Clayton isolating himself from his teammates, leading to numerous jokes on this board about his having purchased "his island." He was a poor fit for the White Sox in every way conceivable, and his presence on the roster clearly made the team worse.

Frater Perdurabo
04-02-2012, 07:36 PM

His fielding percentage was augmented by the fact that he didn't have much range, and that he often held the ball, content to settle for an infield single than risk a throwing error on a close play at first.

gobears1987
04-03-2012, 05:44 AM
That video had to be made by Jerry Manuel.

:jerry

Editing videos is no more difficult than editing a line-up. Tinker, Tinker