PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh....

RowanDye
03-29-2012, 09:03 PM
"Josh Fields led off with a single, advanced to third on a single by Juan Uribe and scored on A.J. Ellis' sacrifice fly"

link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120329&content_id=27732656&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws&partnerId=rss_cws)

Edit: Thought today's win was positive until I started reading the recap.

Boondock Saint
03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
"Josh Fields led off with a single, advanced to third on a single by Juan Uribe and scored on A.J. Ellis' sacrifice fly"

link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120329&content_id=27732656&vkey=news_cws&c_id=cws&partnerId=rss_cws)

People get hits. Some of them are former Sox. Try not to jump off a bridge when it happens, especially in spring training.

SephClone89
03-29-2012, 09:13 PM
People get hits. Some of them are former Sox. Try not to jump off a bridge when it happens, especially in spring training.

:gulp:

DumpJerry
03-29-2012, 09:25 PM

I feel the same pain you feel. Who the Hell is A.J. Ellis? He was never in the White Sox' system. The nerve!

DSpivack
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Colletti signed Juan 'Profundo' Uribe to a 3-year, $21 million contract. I'm glad the Sox don't have that contract on the books, despite Juan's contributions in 2005. And Fields sucks.

HomeFish
03-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Last season, I was randomly in Phoenix for work and I attended a D-Backs game. The Dodgers were in town, and everytime Juan Uribe came to bat I cheered loudly and obnoxiously for him, yelling things like "URIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBE" and "ORGULLO BANI!" at the top of my lungs. People must have thought I was absolutely insane, because I didn't cheer for any other players.

Finally in the 9th inning, a ball is hit to Uribe (first time in the game, amazingly) and he commits an error. Naturally I get a lot of crap from people around me.

DumpJerry
03-29-2012, 10:27 PM
Last season, I was randomly in Phoenix for work and I attended a D-Backs game. The Dodgers were in town, and everytime Juan Uribe came to bat I cheered loudly and obnoxiously for him, yelling things like "URIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBE" and "ORGULLO BANI!" at the top of my lungs. People must have thought I was absolutely insane, because I didn't cheer for any other players.

Finally in the 9th inning, a ball is hit to Uribe (first time in the game, amazingly) and he commits an error. Naturally I get a lot of crap from people around me.
Well, Juan has made up for that error by advancing the runner in a meaningless ST game today.

RKMeibalane
03-29-2012, 10:36 PM

:hitless

"No one can match my prowess with the glove."

:walnuts

"That's right. Remember, Royce is the best shortstop I've ever played with."

TDog
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Colletti signed Juan 'Profundo' Uribe to a 3-year, $21 million contract. I'm glad the Sox don't have that contract on the books, despite Juan's contributions in 2005. And Fields sucks.

I don't know anyone who follows baseball who considers the Dodgers' signing of Uribe to be a good move for anyone other than Juan Uribe, his dependents and his agent. And Uribe was very popular with Giants fans. Also, if Josh Fields sees a lot of playing time for the Dodgers, the Dodgers are in trouble.

voodoochile
03-29-2012, 10:49 PM

The full quote:

The Dodgers scored off Sale in the bottom of the fifth. Josh Fields led off with a single, advanced to third on a single by Juan Uribe and scored on A.J. Ellis' sacrifice fly.

I highlighted the relevant portion of this fuller quote from the article. Based on this more complete information I'd say the recap is quite positive for the Sox...

DSpivack
03-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't know anyone who follows baseball who considers the Dodgers' signing of Uribe to be a good move for anyone other than Juan Uribe, his dependents and his agent. And Uribe was very popular with Giants fans. Also, if Josh Fields sees a lot of playing time for the Dodgers, the Dodgers are in trouble.

To put in another way, a veteran had a very good year with the Giants, and got a large contract that likely vastly overpaid him because of it, and it wasn't Brian Sabean who inked him to that deal.

Foulke You
04-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Stone mentioned during the broadcast that Fields has a good shot to make the team as the starting LF so yes, the Dodgers might be in trouble this season.

soxfanreggie
04-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Stone mentioned during the broadcast that Fields has a good shot to make the team as the starting LF so yes, the Dodgers might be in trouble this season.

With new ownership, I have a feeling their roster will begin a drastic overhaul once finalized - LF being one of the first changes if relying on Fields to get the job done.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
My only pleasant memory of Fields is the Grand Slam during Buehrle's perfect game. Otherwise, I associate him with approaching grounds balls as if they were hand grenades.