PDA

View Full Version : New USCF food for 2012

Harry Potter
03-28-2012, 04:57 PM
https://twitter.com/ChiTribFood

New ballpark food offered at White Sox home games includes Cevapcici, Buffalo Wings & Vienna Beef Hot Dogs w/ Pastrami Bacon

Also new at Sox Park: "Irish Nacho Helmet" - French fries with cheese, sour cream, bacon, chives served in a kelly green souvenir helmet

Didn't catch this the 1st go-around: US Cellular Field will be serving Minnesota favorite "Juicy Lucy" Burgers - cheese/bacon-stuffed patty

Marqhead
03-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Best news of the off-season.

thomas35forever
03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Hmmm. Wonder what the dog with bacon will look like.

DSpivack
03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Hmmm. Wonder what the dog with bacon will look like.

I'm wondering what pastrami bacon is.

GoGoCrede
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Something that sounded amazing until I read the bacon part. I love pastrami. Do they sell regular pastrami sandwiches at the park, anyone know?

doublem23
03-28-2012, 07:41 PM

I'd be willing to bet its pastrami that's fried up like bacon so it's nice and crispy.

The more things they sell in souvenir helmets the better.

anewman35
03-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Keep in mind that some of this stuff might be Club level or Premium areas only, I know they announced some stuff last year or the year before that ended up not being available to the general public...

GoGoCrede
03-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Keep in mind that some of this stuff might be Club level or Premium areas only, I know they announced some stuff last year or the year before that ended up not being available to the general public...

Like that foot long meatball sandwich or whatever it was that I heard about last year.

palehosepub
03-29-2012, 08:39 AM
well I had to look it up on Wikipedia so in case anyone cares:

ćevapčići is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of kebab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab), found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Europe)

gregoriop
03-29-2012, 08:40 AM
I want a red nacho helmet. I already have green.

amsteel
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM

Isn't there an 'Irish' stand in the Patio Party Deck? I'd be willing to bet that's where the Irish Nachos will be.

doublem23
03-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Like that foot long meatball sandwich or whatever it was that I heard about last year.

If there's one benefit to the potentially miserable season the Sox are about to embark on, it's that you can probably sit almost anywhere in the park for an affordable rate if you play your cards right. And the Club Level is most definitely a place to check out if you have never done so. I've been up there only a few times, generally it's out of my price range, but keep an eye on StubHub. You're lucky like me in that getting to Sox Park at the last minute isn't entirely impossible, so if you really want to do it, you probably could.

EDIT - Just checked - Thursday, April 19 vs. Baltimore, up to 3 tickets in Row 3 of Section 346 = $27/each on StubHub.

vinny
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
well I had to look it up on Wikipedia so in case anyone cares:

ćevapčići is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of kebab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab), found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Europe)

It's kind of like a sausage without a casing; it's sold at just about every street festival in the city. Hopefully they'll have ajvar (the spicy pepper/vegetable puree) to put on it.

Rocky Soprano
03-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Juicy Lucy's!
:bandance:

Jerko
03-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Isn't there an 'Irish' stand in the Patio Party Deck? I'd be willing to bet that's where the Irish Nachos will be.

Yes there is, and they had those last year.

palehosepub
03-29-2012, 09:10 AM
If there's one benefit to the potentially miserable season the Sox are about to embark on, it's that you can probably sit almost anywhere in the park for an affordable rate if you play your cards right. And the Club Level is most definitely a place to check out if you have never done so. I've been up there only a few times, generally it's out of my price range, but keep an eye on StubHub. You're lucky like me in that getting to Sox Park at the last minute isn't entirely impossible, so if you really want to do it, you probably could.

EDIT - Just checked - Thursday, April 19 vs. Baltimore, up to 3 tickets in Row 3 of Section 346 = $27/each on StubHub.

I split premium box seats but I like to visit the Club level once or twice a year- it is a different game experience. Even cheaper than Stubhub (no fees) - if you buy Value Monday club seats through the box office or the season ticket charge line you can get club seats for $26.50 each. I picked up the Tigers game on July 23 for $26.50 each and I was able to get Row 1 in section 314

palehosepub
03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Yes they had Irish Nachos out in the Irish stand in center field - not in the helmet but is a paper basket. They werent too good.. I like to take a walk out there because I believe it is the only area in the park that they have Guiness on tap.
:gulp:

skobabe8
03-29-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm fired up about those juicy lucys after seeing them on Man vs. Food.

amsteel
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I like to take a walk out there because I believe it is the only area in the park that they have Guiness on tap.
:gulp:

Yep, that's the only reason I know it's there.

Harry Potter
03-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm fired up about those juicy lucys after seeing them on Man vs. Food.

Definitely the best part of my two trips up to Minneapolis in the past few years.

PatK
03-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Looks like I'm going to go into another food coma at the ol' ballpark

BainesHOF
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Let's be honest. The ballpark food isn't that good anymore. It used to be good. Now it's overrated. You would never buy most of it outside the park.

doublem23
03-31-2012, 12:30 AM
Let's be honest. The ballpark food isn't that good anymore. It used to be good. Now it's overrated. You would never buy most of it outside the park.

Perhaps I missed the good old days when they served filet minion at the park, but I think that's always been the case

Nellie_Fox
03-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Perhaps I missed the good old days when they served filet minion at the park, but I think that's always been the caseYou don't have to have filet mignon for the food to be good. Just the loss of kosher dogs was a huge step down. Churros are usually cold and somewhat stale.

GoGoCrede
03-31-2012, 01:24 AM
You don't have to have filet mignon for the food to be good. Just the loss of kosher dogs was a huge step down. Churros are usually cold and somewhat stale.

Would have to agree. I thought maybe the churros thing was because of the particular stand I went to, but having visited more than one where they were cold and stale, I'd say it's a problem across the board.

palehosepub
03-31-2012, 12:42 PM
surely taken a step down the last few years I can't believe that in the city of Chicago we can't find a better option than DiGornos frozen pizza being sold at the park

WLL1855
03-31-2012, 03:41 PM
surely taken a step down the last few years I can't believe that in the city of Chicago we can't find a better option than DiGornos frozen pizza being sold at the park

Connie's was crap too though.

WLL1855
03-31-2012, 03:46 PM
Perhaps I missed the good old days when they served filet minion at the park, but I think that's always been the case

When the new park opened I thought the food was pretty darn good. About the only item I really care for now is the italian sausage and beef combo in the bullpen sports bar. Everything else is pretty much meh.

And I completely agree the loss of kosher dogs was a crime. I hope someone got fired over that decision.

GoGoCrede
03-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Connie's was crap too though.

I really liked it. But I'm not picky about pizza at all. If it's got enough cheese and the crust is nice and crunchy, I'm happy.

When the new park opened I thought the food was pretty darn good. About the only item I really care for now is the italian sausage and beef combo in the bullpen sports bar. Everything else is pretty much meh.

And I completely agree the loss of kosher dogs was a crime. I hope someone got fired over that decision.

The company went out of business, though.

doublem23
03-31-2012, 04:02 PM
You don't have to have filet mignon for the food to be good. Just the loss of kosher dogs was a huge step down. Churros are usually cold and somewhat stale.

I personally prefer the new dogs. Agree on the churros.

WLL1855
03-31-2012, 04:03 PM

That fact I did not know. How hard is it to get Hebrew National on the phone?

DSpivack
03-31-2012, 04:28 PM
That fact I did not know. How hard is it to get Hebrew National on the phone?

The current kosher dogs are Hebrew National.

mattcoz
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
To be fair, Sara Lee shut them down, they didn't just go out of business.

cheezheadsoxfan
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
It's kind of like a sausage without a casing; it's sold at just about every street festival in the city. Hopefully they'll have ajvar (the spicy pepper/vegetable puree) to put on it.

At last, my ethnic heritage!!:cool:

soxfanreggie
04-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Looking forward to trying some new things out this season! This thread is definitely making me hungry.

chisox77
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
How about adding strips of bacon to the ballpark menu . . . just strips of bacon . . . sell them in bunches of five or ten strips, either crispy, or a little softer . . . the key is bacon . . . must offer bacon . . . because bacon is good.

mattcoz
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
How about adding strips of bacon to the ballpark menu . . . just strips of bacon . . . sell them in bunches of five or ten strips, either crispy, or a little softer . . . the key is bacon . . . must offer bacon . . . because bacon is good.
I bacon your bacon sugg-bacon... bacon!

Nellie_Fox
04-01-2012, 11:57 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvTbo612SOK2VHFrB4ZYjzjP1MsPgt6 psygO6LeggltRk_Z0Rt

Milw
04-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Just my personal opinion, but Kosher dogs might be the most overrated food I've ever tasted. Right up there with foie gras. Give me a cheapo pork wiener any day.

Sad
04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
If there's one benefit to the potentially miserable season the Sox are about to embark on, it's that you can probably sit almost anywhere in the park for an affordable rate if you play your cards right.

yeah this is the first year I was able to buy UD PREMIUM BOX
and most of them are behind home plate, first 3-5 rows and ALL aisle seats
including Saturday night games:bandance:

Jerko
04-02-2012, 01:05 PM

We can put it next to my fried chicken-skin stand.

amsteel
04-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Just my personal opinion, but Kosher dogs might be the most overrated food I've ever tasted. Right up there with foie gras. Give me a cheapo pork wiener any day.

The Kosher dogs at New Yankee Stadium are the best ballpark dogs, Kosher or otherwise. I've ever had. Alternatively, I've had some terrible ballpark Kosher dogs, so it's all about the brand.

Foulke You
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Just the loss of kosher dogs was a huge step down.
While I loved the Kosher Dogs, I would never degrade Vienna Beef by calling it a "huge step down". It's a shade below Kosher. The Bobak sausages/brats the Sox use are also excellent.

russ99
04-02-2012, 03:16 PM
While Best Kosher is surely missed, Sox ballpark food is still head and shoulders over most sports teams.

Been to a Bears or Hawks game lately? Yuck. The Hawks are at least trying with new menu items/stands but the quality is still lacking.

Nellie_Fox
04-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Just my personal opinion, but Kosher dogs might be the most overrated food I've ever tasted. Right up there with foie gras. Give me a cheapo pork wiener any day.If everybody had the same tastes, there would only be one brand on the market. My mother always loved the Daisy Brand "natural casing" hot dogs. All the rest of us hated them; I still do.

Jason82807
04-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm just throwing this out there: For April and September games, they should have poutine.

AnkleSox
04-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm just throwing this out there: For April and September games, they should have poutine.

They should just always have poutine.

doublem23
04-02-2012, 04:56 PM
If everybody had the same tastes, there would only be one brand on the market. My mother always loved the Daisy Brand "natural casing" hot dogs. All the rest of us hated them; I still do.

But you are the first to throw taste into this thread when you said the Sox took a step down losing the kosher dogs... It's possible/probable here the majority if people prefer Vienna Beef dogs. Since they are awesome.

Jason82807
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
They should just always have poutine.

I agree, but I think it would be especially appealing on colder games.

Nellie_Fox
04-02-2012, 11:55 PM
But you are the first to throw taste into this thread when you said the Sox took a step down losing the kosher dogs... It's possible/probable here the majority if people prefer Vienna Beef dogs. Since they are awesome.Okay, you win.

DSpivack
04-03-2012, 12:01 AM
But you are the first to throw taste into this thread when you said the Sox took a step down losing the kosher dogs... It's possible/probable here the majority if people prefer Vienna Beef dogs. Since they are awesome.

While it is an anecdote I remember reading once and I am not sure how true it is, I've always liked that USCF is supposedly the only park where kosher (-style, as they have never been Kosher) dogs outsell the regular ones.

johnny bench
04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
I hope to see a beer upgrade this year. While I'm happy that there is Great Lakes Brewery beers available, I'd be thrilled to see some of our local favorite Three Floyds products as well.

gregoriop
04-03-2012, 09:17 AM
More new food:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2012/04/white-sox-unveil-new-food-item.html

I can't freaking wait!

Rocky Soprano
04-03-2012, 09:27 AM
More new food:

I can't freaking wait!

Hooters wings!!!

:gulp::bandance::dtroll:

doublem23
04-03-2012, 09:37 AM
While it is an anecdote I remember reading once and I am not sure how true it is, I've always liked that USCF is supposedly the only park where kosher (-style, as they have never been Kosher) dogs outsell the regular ones.

As long as they have the Chicago-style stand I'll be good no matter what. I mean, they're just hot dogs.

roylestillman
04-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Can't figure out why they have never brought the Asian Noodle stands up from the Cactus League. They are the most popular item in every Arizona spring training park and for good reason. Actually any Thai or Chinese items would be nice (although I don't like the Wao Bao stand)

October26
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
More new food:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2012/04/white-sox-unveil-new-food-item.html (http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2012/04/white-sox-unveil-new-food-item.html)

I can't freaking wait!

Okay – after reading this article I realized that these will surely be my downfall: Ballpark treats - New candied popcorn and pretzel braids

I've spent way too much time in the dentist's chair over the last couple of weeks. I need to remember to stay away from these “ballpark treats.” Also bad for my waistline.

Jason82807
04-03-2012, 09:55 PM
More new food:

I can't freaking wait!

I'm sure some women will be offended at the name of the "sloppy Jane", as it basically equates women with vegans.

gregoriop
04-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm sure some women will be offended at the name of the "sloppy Jane", as it basically equates women with vegans.

I've never met a guy offended at the name Sloppy Joe.

The Racehorse
04-04-2012, 08:37 AM

These are good. I had them when I was in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

skobabe8
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
These are good. I had them when I was in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

They're very good. My Serbian Cub fan friends are pissed/jealous.

GoGoCrede
04-04-2012, 01:08 PM
ćevapčići is a grilled dish of minced meat, a type of kebab (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebab), found traditionally in the countries of southeastern Europe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Europe) These are good. I had them when I was in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

I scrolled by really quickly and thought this said ceviche and got excited. Oh well. This sounds good too.

DSpivack
04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I scrolled by really quickly and thought this said ceviche and got excited. Oh well. This sounds good too.

I would be pretty wary of ceviche at a ballpark, although Seattle has the Ichiroll.

mattcoz
04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm sure some vegans will be offended by that statement, as you're basically saying that being equated with them is something to be offended by.

:rolleyes: