PDA

View Full Version : reason for scott eyre 's success...

baggio202
07-22-2002, 03:36 AM
this is interesting...evidsently the sox knew about this but didnt push him to address the issue

"Now he's able to take away the crowd, take away the hitter and take away all that other stuff that has happened before and just stay focused," Patterson said.

Rogers says that Eyre rejected the possibility of AAD when it was suggested to him by the SOX. He also wrote that teammates in Toronto quickly picked up on his chatterbox nature as Eyre deliberately sat apart from his bullpen mates in the late innings of games because he was unable to sit still and didn't want to bother others.

Rogers further reports that Eyre went on the medication in April and believes it has played a role in his allowing two earned runs in his last 24 1/3 innings.

"The pills aren't making me pitch better, they're just allowing me to be able to pitch better. Now I'm in control. Now I can actually sit in the bullpen and relax and pay attention to what is going on in the game," Eyre said.

only 2 earned runs in his last 24.1 ip???....glad he finally figured it out..i always liked this guy and felt he never cmae close to reaching his potential..no w know why..too bad we wernt a little more forceful with him

LongDistanceFan
07-22-2002, 06:22 AM
a good story. i am glad for his success.

duke of dorwood
07-22-2002, 07:40 AM
Met him at Sox fest-a really nice, fun guy. Was really having fun with other players that night.