PDA

View Full Version : How many Sox game have you attended?

danman31
07-22-2002, 12:11 AM
Just curious to see who here goes to Sox games and how many they go to.

Edit: Sorry I meant this year.

Chisox_cali
07-22-2002, 12:21 AM
uuuugh that Anaheim Series, Thought I may have blocked that out of my memory, thanks for brining it up!!! :D:

hsc1
07-22-2002, 12:27 AM
geez please tell me there are more of us 20+ crowd.. im starting to feel lonely here....lol

TornLabrum
07-22-2002, 12:27 AM
I'll be at tomorrow night's game, taking my own advice, booing everybody connected with this train wreck! :angry:

Soxheads
07-22-2002, 01:03 AM
God, I wish I could go to Sox games more often. When I'm in college, I hope to make quite a few trips.

danman31
07-22-2002, 01:30 AM
Unfortunately I went to the only loss to the Cubs at Comiskey. I was pretty pissed when that was over. I've been to 2 games, both losses. It's a trend, in 2000 they were 5-0 when I went and they had a great year. In 2001 they were average when I went and they had an average year. This year they are 0-2 when I went and they are crap. It's all about me, baby!!! :)

ISUSoxfan
07-22-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by hsc1
geez please tell me there are more of us 20+ crowd.. im starting to feel lonely here....lol
I'm sure there are more of you, but this poll shows that most Sox fans can't afford to go to many games. Just because we're not filling the seats doesn't mean we aren't sticking with them through this rough season. This message board consists of fans who follow every game, yet rarely attend them. We are typical die hard Sox fans.

I've attended one game this year, but I would be at every one if I had an endless bank account. The summer I lived closer and got those Pizza Hut coupons I went to 28 games, including at least one game against every team that played in Comiskey.

steff
07-22-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'll be at tomorrow night's game, taking my own advice, booing everybody connected with this train wreck! :angry:

Do you want to get together for a brew in the bar before the game? Seems like forever since we've seen you. Mr & Mrs Aloha will be there as well... Let me know.

chisoxfanatic
07-22-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by ISUSoxfan

I'm sure there are more of you, but this poll shows that most Sox fans can't afford to go to many games. Just because we're not filling the seats doesn't mean we aren't sticking with them through this rough season. This message board consists of fans who follow every game, yet rarely attend them. We are typical die hard Sox fans.

I've attended one game this year, but I would be at every one if I had an endless bank account. The summer I lived closer and got those Pizza Hut coupons I went to 28 games, including at least one game against every team that played in Comiskey.

I fully agree with this. In addition, some of us don't have the luxury of having our own cars, so we have to rely on others to take us to the games. When you come from a family where literally NOBODY else is sports-minded like I do (heck, I literally had to raise myself to be the sports fan I am), that can be very difficult! I've been fortunate to make it to five games this season. And I will hopefully make it to a few more before returning back to ISU in a little over 3 weeks for my 3rd year of college.

Heather the Redbird

MarkEdward
07-22-2002, 10:54 AM

I'm sure there are more of you, but this poll shows that most Sox fans can't afford to go to many games.

How'd you come to this conclusion? None of the above posts indicated high prices as a reason they didn't go to Sox games.

Cheryl
07-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Four. Not since May. I'm waaaaayyyy down from my normal level this year, but they're not giving me any reason to go.

FarWestChicago
07-22-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm at 2 (fond memories--the infamous Parque/Manuel forfeit game and the subsequent 16-1 drubbing by the A's). I'll end up at 5 after ode and I suffer through the Sox coming to Oakland in August. ode is a glutton for punishment. He's been to a few games back in Chicago, too. :smile:

ChiSoxBobette
07-22-2002, 11:27 AM
I have weekend season tickets plus I've bought extra Friday & Monday games plus the last game at the park in Sept. against the Red Sox. I'll be there tonight against the twins. I have approx 20 games left even though today 22July02 Monday I heard over espn radio that there will be a strike on Sept. 16th as reported on espn by the L.A. Times. I sure hope Hal Vickery's report on this site is wrong but I get the same sinking feeling that our owner does'nt seem to care about the Sox and as everyone know J.R. would love to move the Sox back to N.Y. as he was one of those Brooklyn Dodgers freaks that never got over them moving to L.A.
If that happens and he moves my beloved White Sox I hope they drive J.R. to the poor house. You think that curse someone put on the flubs was something wait and see what happens with J.R.
God Help J.R. If He Moves Our White Sox
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
GO White Sox
J.R. Just GOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
And Take Those Idiots You Have Ruining Our Team

HawkDJ
07-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Just two so far. :(: Will be at 4 by the end of the season. I wish I could go to more but that is just not possible. If I could go to more games I would, no matter how bad this team is doing.

Moses_Scurry
07-22-2002, 12:47 PM
I've been to about 18, but the last one was June 8 against the Expos. That will probably be my last one for this entire season, unless something unexpectedly changes in the team play.

Cheryl
07-22-2002, 12:55 PM

I could afford to go to a lot more games than I have. I'm just not going to go watch this team lay down and die on the field. I don't even listen to the games anymore. I check scores. That's it.

Dadawg_77
07-22-2002, 01:08 PM
I have quite a few tickets left from my weekend season ticket package, but really I have little desire to go. If it is as hot as it was this weekend, I am not sure I would want to go. Go out there and sit in the heat, while watching our guys stink up the joint, doesn't sound fun. It isn't a matter of winning or losing, but the effort. Why is Lofton still batting leadoff? As much as people bitch about Frank batting 3rd, Kenny is doing more to hurt us then Frank is. Why does Todd Ritchie take the mound every fifth game? Where is Crede? He can be better then anyone else that we have playing the left side of the field but the Sox don't give him a chance. If this was the 1999 team young and hungry, not winning much but exciting, I would have a desire to go. This team seems to have about five or six guys who trying, and the rest are veterans who have given up on the season. Thats why I don't have much if any desire to go see the Sox anymore this year. Man, I am becoming bitter old man in my young age.

Foulke You
07-22-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I've been to about 18, but the last one was June 8 against the Expos. That will probably be my last one for this entire season, unless something unexpectedly changes in the team play.

I've been to about 20 games this year including following the team to Fenway for 3, Milwaukee for 1 pre season game, 2 at the Urinal, and about 15 at Comiskey. I've done my part for king and country. Now I want a winner dammit!

Procol Harum
07-22-2002, 01:40 PM
I think the problem for most of us is a formula based on time, money, and how the team is doing. For me, a variety of commitments and the amount of time (travel + game from out here in west-central DuPage County usually means a minimum 7 hour commitment) and money (with good tickets--we like the mezzanine section--+gas, parking, food and the occasional souv for the kids it usually costs my family of four about $150 per game) preclude my frequent attendance.

During a good season I'd usually get out to somewhere between 8-12 games. I've been to 4 games this year, but my last was a stinker of a Thursday afternoon loss to the Royals back in early June when it was just becoming apparent that we had real problems. I'll probably go to one more game with the fam in early September as a goodbye to summer, but that will be it.

As it turns out my schedule for July and August is very busy and is taking me out of town for several weeks. But the decision to avoid 35th & Shields for the rest of 2002 is based largely on their miserable performance.

alohafri
07-22-2002, 02:24 PM
I have been to at least 10 at our great park and 2 at the Toilet Bowl. I have tickets to about 5 or 6 more games. As a partial season ticket holder, I reserve the right to go to as many games as I can, pay high prices for beer, and boo the crap out of Todd Ritchie and Royce Clayton.

Not to mention that the "winter sports" just don't do it for me. October thru March is a long time in my house.

So, Mr. Chairman, if you have plans on moving this team, you have to go through me to do it.

idseer
07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
when i was young i got to maybe 3 or 4 a year. i had to come from hammond indiana and i was never crazy about coming in to chicago. my last visit was to the old park and was around 1972 or so.
when i visit relatives in the area it seems it's always the wrong time of the year so now it's zero!

is the park as bad as people say it is?

Iwritecode
07-22-2002, 02:51 PM
I haven't been to a single game this year. :(:

This will probably be the first time in 6 years that I haven't gone to at least one game. Lack of money is the single biggest reason. I seem to have all this other stuff that I have to pay for first. Lack of time comes in a close second though. A trip to Chicago means an all-day excursion for me and I've had very few free days this year.

Iwritecode
07-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by idseer
is the park as bad as people say it is?

I'll tell you one thing, it's the best Major League Baseball park in the city!

Honestly though, IMHO I don't think Comiskey is all that bad. I don't have anything to compare it to other than Wrigley but it's clean, has good sightlines, great food, it's easy to get to, and our favorite team plays there. What more can we really ask for?

Cheryl
07-22-2002, 03:35 PM
I honestly like our ballpark. It has its flaws, but overall it's one of the best I've been in if you want to actually see the ballgame.

Dadawg_77
07-22-2002, 03:37 PM
The worst thing about our ball park right now, is the product on the field. Plus it is to sterile, but other then that its pretty cool.

danman31
07-22-2002, 03:40 PM
I'm sure there are more of you, but this poll shows that most Sox fans can't afford to go to many games.For me that's not the reason I've only been to 2 games. The desire to go to a game is just not there. Especially when the team is losing. My problem is that my dad refuses to watch a mediocre team. That's as good a reason as any. I don't think it's price for as many people as you may think.

nut_stock
07-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
As a partial season ticket holder, I reserve the right to go to as many games as I can, pay high prices for beer, and boo the crap out of Todd Ritchie and Royce Clayton.

How many tickets do you have? If you have 4 I'd be interested in buying them for Sept 21. (if they don't strike)

steff
07-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

How many tickets do you have? If you have 4 I'd be interested in buying them for Sept 21. (if they don't strike)

They're striking. Try to dump them and get your money back. I wouldn't suggest selling to someone on this board :D:

ISUSoxfan
07-22-2002, 04:51 PM
I guess my assumption was wrong. For me and my friends, money is the only reason not to go, but apparently there are people who have money and still don't go. If our team was really playing inspired baseball, I would go visit my father more and try to get him to take me to some games, but the only reason I don't go on my own is money.

doublem23
07-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Four. Not since May. I'm waaaaayyyy down from my normal level this year, but they're not giving me any reason to go.

Yeah, I've only been to like 9 games this year which is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than my regular game attendance...

If I felt like wasting the $13 on parking and some $30 on tickets and food, I'd just flush it down the crapper here. At least I don't have to spend the gas or CTA money.

It's a real shame, too, 'cuz I was looking forward to this summer a lot, what with me being in college next year and all. I was really expecting this team to be much better and for me to go to like 40 games again (like I did in 2000).

Oh well.

Go Sox.