PDA

View Full Version : Palehose Returns!

TheFrisbee
03-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Carl is back at it once again! I look forward to following along with this throughout the season as I did Palehose 8, which to me, was his best of the comics he had going.

http://www.palehose12.com/2012/03/hellbreak-title-page.html

:)

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-24-2012, 09:41 AM
WOW!! Hellbreak!!! WOO HOO!!

Rohan
03-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I love this! Todd Ritchieeeeee

cheezheadsoxfan
03-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Yes!!!!!

SOX ADDICT '73
03-24-2012, 11:19 PM
Awesome! I've been starving for some Smells Like Mascot for a few weeks now.

thomas35forever
03-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Yay!

RF/DH#3
03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!

ChiSoxGal85
03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
:bandance:
I am a fan!

soxfanatlanta
03-28-2012, 11:57 AM
A much different vibe than the other PH strips - I like it so far.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
A much different vibe than the other PH strips - I like it so far.
I agree - Carl seems to be coming from a darker, more sardonic place. Now, I wonder what could have pushed him over the edge as a Sox fan...

Nellie_Fox
03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I looked at it, gotta say I wasn't impressed.

Frontman
03-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I gotta agree, Nellie. If this will be a one page a post bash of Kenny Williams; we get it. Been there, done that.

I hope Carl can bring a bit of fun to the strip; because if its just nothing but negative, it will grow old really fast.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I gotta agree, Nellie. If this will be a one page a post bash of Kenny Williams; we get it. Been there, done that.

I hope Carl can bring a bit of fun to the strip; because if its just nothing but negative, it will grow old really fast.
I've been kind of waiting for the punch line myself, but so far it seems to be mostly about holding up a mirror to Kenny's frequent foibles.

At the very least, Carl has earned the benefit of the doubt from me, so I'll hang in there...

GoGoCrede
03-28-2012, 11:59 PM
I've been kind of waiting for the punch line myself, but so far it seems to be mostly about holding up a mirror to Kenny's frequent foibles.

At the very least, Carl has earned the benefit of the doubt from me, so I'll hang in there...

Same here. I feel like kind of a moron because I'm not really understanding what Carl's trying to get at in a few of them. However, I've enjoyed it a lot before, so I'll keep at it.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-29-2012, 07:18 AM
He's earned my patience as well. A snippet a day, so we'll see where it goes.

gobears1987
03-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Carl is basically writing the long list of reasons why Kenny Williams simply isn't a good GM. I can't say I disagree with the man.

Nellie_Fox
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Carl is basically writing the long list of reasons why Kenny Williams simply isn't a good GM. I can't say I disagree with the man.Okay, but it's neither funny nor interesting the way he's doing it. It's essentially bullet points with a drawing. Some of them (like yesterday) I don't even know what point he's making.

Frontman
03-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Also seem to be out of order; we went from "It was a golden age of Chicago baseball" (2005) backwards to the Ray Durham trade (2002.) I'm sticking with it too; but I'm still not getting where he's going.

voodoochile
03-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Also seem to be out of order; we went from "It was a golden age of Chicago baseball" (2005) backwards to the Ray Durham trade (2002.) I'm sticking with it too; but I'm still not getting where he's going.

Well I think it's going to be a play on "all Hell breaking loose". Basically Kenny's chickens are coming home to roost as it were and they are on fire and spitting molten brimstone apparently...

TheFrisbee
03-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Seeing as there are more uploads going up than usual for a palehose strip, and this in a page to page setup rather than a weekly post, it may take a bit of time to see this story unfold. Palehose 12 is seemingly still in the introduction.

I guess this is what Carl has been hard at work with, being that Smells Like Mascot has been quite inactive lately.

voodoochile
03-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Seeing as there are more uploads going up than usual for a palehose strip, and this in a page to page setup rather than a weekly post, it may take a bit of time to see this story unfold. Palehose 12 is seemingly still in the introduction.

I guess this is what Carl has been hard at work with, being that Smells Like Mascot has been quite inactive lately.

SLM is pretty much toast. The strip has been discontinued in the newspaper. Carl posted some drawings he made, but the strip itself is gone.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-30-2012, 12:06 AM
SLM is pretty much toast. The strip has been discontinued in the newspaper. Carl posted some drawings he made, but the strip itself is gone.
And what a shame that is. Carl has done some brilliant stuff over the years, and it was entertaining to see him poking fun at the other teams in town as well as the Sox. RIP, Smells Like Mascot. :whiner:

Any chance we could get a petition going asking the Southtown Star to resurrect the strip?

RF/DH#3
03-30-2012, 01:20 PM
And what a shame that is. Carl has done some brilliant stuff over the years, and it was entertaining to see him poking fun at the other teams in town as well as the Sox. RIP, Smells Like Mascot. :whiner:

Any chance we could get a petition going asking the Southtown Star to resurrect the strip?

Doesn't Carl have the Rights to continue with his blog? Or does the Southtown have the Rights to SLM? I would imagine he could still do the the other teams on the side and continue on that blog site.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Doesn't Carl have the Rights to continue with his blog? Or does the Southtown have the Rights to SLM? I would imagine he could still do the the other teams on the side and continue on that blog site.
He actually posted something new there yesterday (non-sports related), but I'm sure whatever compensation he was receiving from the Southtown provided some incentive to keep it going every week.

Considering most of the comic strips in the Trib - and ALL of them in the Sun-Times - are unfunny garbage, I'd love to see him hook up with one of those two outlets.

thomas35forever
03-31-2012, 03:13 AM
Considering most of the comic strips in the Trib - and ALL of them in the Sun-Times - are unfunny garbage, I'd love to see him hook up with one of those two outlets.

Hey, don't you insult Garfield. An insult to him is an insult to me.:tsk:

SOX ADDICT '73
03-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Hey, don't you insult Garfield. An insult to him is an insult to me.:tsk:
Ha! I knew that comment would get a rise out of somebody.

Seriously though, and I mean no disrespect to your feline Monday-hating, lasagna-loving friend, there is not one single comic strip in the Chicago Sun-Times that I find even remotely funny. There are a handful I look forward to in the Tribune (Dilbert, Foxtrot, Zits, Doonesbury to name a few), but NONE of them has made me laugh as hard and as consistently as Smells Like Mascot and the various incarnations of the Palehose - until now, that is...but I remain patient.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Page 17:

"She rushed to Chicago...by the most direct route possible." :D:

Frontman
04-03-2012, 08:39 PM
And Dunn being caged surrounded by those birds got me to laugh out loud. Well done, Carl! You're back!!!

TheFrisbee
04-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Profundo on the Lake Visual Ballet! :redneck
That alone is worth getting the book

WhiteSox5187
04-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Is he still going to continue publishing the strip on the web? He hasn't had a new one in about a week and a half and I remember in 2009 he quit the strip because of personal issues. Has anyone heard anything?

Madvora
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I was wondering about this too. It pretty much stopped as soon as the season started. I thought for sure he'd have something about Guillen's Castro thing in there.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-18-2012, 09:44 AM
He was posting at a rapid fire pace. Maybe he's building some boards to summate the Ranger and Cleveland trips. I'm also anxious to see what he says about Ozzie too!!

voodoochile
04-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Two new cartoons up. Looks like he might be using the site as a teaser to sell the book. There are definitely a lot of missing "pages/games".

http://www.palehose12.com/2012_04_01_archive.html

FielderJones
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Back to rapid-fire production, although the dark gray background is hard on my old eyes.

voodoochile
04-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Back to rapid-fire production, although the dark gray background is hard on my old eyes.

This is different than in years past too. He's doing more of a game by game recap thing. Not sure I enjoy it as much as I have in the past, but still worth a read.

I don't know if he just finished the cartoons from earlier this year or is just getting around to posting them, but the fact they are out of order now only adds to the confusion. Kind of like reading an article about a game or series that ended a few weeks ago.