PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms / Spring Training

MARTINMVP
03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
There probably isn't a formal answer to this, but I thought I'd ask...

While the White Sox wear their alternate black uniforms for all of spring training, some teams switch off between their batting practice uniforms and regular season home uniforms. Does management decide which uniforms/hats are worn during spring training, the players or the manager?

And my main point of curiosity - why might a specific team in spring training wear their home uniforms one day, and then their BP uniforms the next day?

Milw
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
There probably isn't a formal answer to this, but I thought I'd ask...

While the White Sox wear their alternate black uniforms for all of spring training, some teams switch off between their batting practice uniforms and regular season home uniforms. Does management decide which uniforms/hats are worn during spring training, the players or the manager?

And my main point of curiosity - why might a specific team in spring training wear their home uniforms one day, and then their BP uniforms the next day?
This is purely a stab in the dark, but perhaps you'd wear the regular unis for a full squad game and the BPs for a split squad/minor league game?

WhiteSox5187
03-23-2012, 04:54 PM
This is purely a stab in the dark, but perhaps you'd wear the regular unis for a full squad game and the BPs for a split squad/minor league game?

Some of it also has to do with packing and the like, I don't think you see many teams wearing their road uniforms during spring training because it's probably easier to just bring the BP jersey along rather than the BP jersey, the home jersey AND the road jersey. I know that teams like the Tigers and Cardinals only wear their home caps because their clubhouse attendants figure it's easier to just deal with one set of caps and helmets than two.