PDA

View Full Version : My new White Sox souvenir

ChiSoxGal85
03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
...a John Danks signed baseball. We won it in a silent auction at a fundraiser - probably paid too much, but it *was* for a very good cause.

Ok, Johnny, pitch lights out this season and make this purchase worth it. :redneck

GlassSox
03-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Outstanding and enjoy

October26
03-13-2012, 08:19 AM
Woo-hoo - that's awesome, CSG85! :bandance: The picture looks good but I might have to schedule a field trip out to your house for a close-up view of the "John Danks autographed baseball." :wink:

soxfanatlanta
03-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Nice - can you write that off as a charitable donation next year? :redneck

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-13-2012, 03:26 PM
I have the same ball from a $10 "brown bag" auction they had 2 years ago. :D:

ChiSoxGal85
03-13-2012, 03:36 PM

The way spring training is going, I'm thinking that's gonna be likely...

I have the same ball from a $10 "brown bag" auction they had 2 years ago. :D:
:o: Good thing it was for a good cause!

Woo-hoo - that's awesome, CSG85! :bandance: The picture looks good but I might have to schedule a field trip out to your house for a close-up view of the "John Danks autographed baseball." :wink:
Geez, maybe RedHeadPaleHoser lives closer to you than I do! :rolling:

all*star quentin
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
It's still awesome. Hope it goes up in value this season. :cool:

BainesHOF
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Danks has been funny with his autograph. It used to be so unreadable that his dad got him to change it. But now it's just about as unreadable as his old one. Even when he adds his number it often just makes it worse because the number often looks like a different number.

That said, Danks is above average when it comes to being fan-friendly. Hopefully he pitches above average this season.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Geez, maybe RedHeadPaleHoser lives closer to you than I do! :rolling:

:D: On mine, it has his autograph and his #. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

Falstaff
03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
ya my mom recently gave me my childhood white sox hat its black, I think
possibly 1970, made of wool(?). Fortunately my head has grown since then, but the hat does not fit anymore. Must be worth like $300

Brian26
03-15-2012, 06:25 PM

Probably should consult WSI's crack tax attorney team on this one, or better yet your CPA.

I think the general rule is that you can claim the difference between what the final auction price was and what the "fair market value" of the item is. If Danks wins the Cy Young in 2012, the difference may be zero. :tongue:

Brian26
03-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Danks has been funny with his autograph. It used to be so unreadable that his dad got him to change it. But now it's just about as unreadable as his old one. Even when he adds his number it often just makes it worse because the number often looks like a different number.

That said, Danks is above average when it comes to being fan-friendly. Hopefully he pitches above average this season.

Danks is a good guy, but his "new" signature is just as unreadable as his "old" signature.