PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day Tickets

WhiffleBall
03-09-2012, 10:48 AM
The Sox have released more home opener tickets. It's a Friday afternoon game this year. I just took a quick look and there are club level and decent lower level tickets available. You have to specify club level otherwise it will continue to show the next best lower level seats.

DonnieDarko
03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Sadly, I can't take Friday off. Already got tickets to the Saturday game, though!

CLUBHOUSE KID
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Plenty of Premium Lower Boxes (Around Tigers on-deck)

shenk16
03-09-2012, 12:21 PM
The Sox have released more home opener tickets. It's a Friday afternoon game this year. I just took a quick look and there are club level and decent lower level tickets available. You have to specify club level otherwise it will continue to show the next best lower level seats.

Thanks for the heads up! I was able to snag 6 in Section 149.

WhiffleBall
03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
The reason there are so many good seats available is because the Sox released all of the locations they were holding back for season tickets. If you buy a full season ticket package from this point forward it is prorated and starts with May 11th.

JohnTucker0814
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I've sat in club level each opening day for the past several years because of the ability to go inside if it's freezing outside and my dad is at the age where he's not interseted in sitting outside for 4 hours if he doesn't have to when it's 20 degrees!

Just got my tickets!!!

StillMissOzzie
03-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Just snapped up 2 Club level!

SMO
:bandance:

LongLiveFisk
03-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Sadly, I can't take Friday off. Already got tickets to the Saturday game, though!

Yeah, I am more likely to be a Saturday's game myself.

guillensdisciple
03-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Just got two at clu level section 316- any benefits to sitting club level besides the awesome view?

StillMissOzzie
03-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Just got two at clu level section 316- any benefits to sitting club level besides the awesome view?

Food service brought to your seats & running a tab on your credit card.

SMO
:D::gulp:

JohnTucker0814
03-11-2012, 10:52 AM

The ability to go inside to a heated area with comfortable seats if it's freezing cold on opening day!!!

kevingrt
03-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Food service brought to your seats & running a tab on your credit card.

SMO
:D::gulp:

Running up a tab on my credit card would actually be a negative for me :D:

southwstchi4life
03-11-2012, 12:15 PM

I couldn't agree more. But It is actually nice. It is a much tamer crowd and less jerks in the club house. I would highly recommend it.

Brian26
03-11-2012, 01:16 PM
It is a much tamer crowd and less jerks in the club house.

Now that Ozzie and his kids are gone, I'd like to think the clubhouse has less jerks. Oh, you're talking about Club Level. :tongue:

Foulke You
03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Better food selection on the club level, the concourse is enclosed and climate controlled, and as others have pointed out you get a waiter/waitress assigned to your section. It's a pretty cool part of the ballpark to sit. I try to go at least once a year to that level. Do yourself a favor and stop at the dessert cart on the club concourse. Fresh baked cookies and brownies sitting on a warming plate.:drool:

ChiSoxGirl
03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Better food selection on the club level, the concourse is enclosed and climate controlled, and as others have pointed out you get a waiter/waitress assigned to your section. It's a pretty cool part of the ballpark to sit. I try to go at least once a year to that level. Do yourself a favor and stop at the dessert cart on the club concourse. Fresh baked cookies and brownies sitting on a warming plate.:drool:

Don't forget about the taffy apples that are the size of 16" softballs! :drool:

StillMissOzzie
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM

That would not be the Club level's fault

SMO
:gulp:

BainesHOF
03-12-2012, 12:43 AM

OK, I know the club level is nice, but it's ridiculous that something like this exists at a ballpark. Screw skyboxes, too. They're the reason upper decks are ridiculously high and steep. If you want good food, go to a nice restaurant. If you want to make sure you're warm, stay home.

Sports is so out of whack it's not even funny. It's sad.

DumpJerry
03-12-2012, 07:02 AM
OK, I know the club level is nice, but it's ridiculous that something like this exists at a ballpark. Screw skyboxes, too. They're the reason upper decks are ridiculously high and steep. If you want good food, go to a nice restaurant. If you want to make sure you're warm, stay home.

Sports is so out of whack it's not even funny. It's sad.
If it is so repugnant, it is possible to sit on the Club Level and not order any food.

As far as getting "good food" outside the ballpark is concerned, if you do order something, make sure to specify you want a hot dog bun from the previous homestand......:tongue:

ChiSoxGal85
03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
I sat in the Club level once last year. It was nice, and if it rains or is really cold it would be great to get out of the weather. But personally, the closer I am to the field, the happier I am. I'd be ecstatic to be in the dugout.:D:

chisoxfanatic
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
I sat in the Club level once last year. It was nice, and if it rains or is really cold it would be great to get out of the weather. But personally, the closer I am to the field, the happier I am. I'd be ecstatic to be in the dugout.:D:
I've sat in the CL as well once and really enjoyed it. The sight lines are the best, and you really feel like you're in the middle of the action. If I end up with a bit more discretionary funds this summer, I might look at StubHub and see if there are good deals on them (I recall seeing some of them going for $15 last year).

Cat Thief
03-12-2012, 01:44 PM

Also much shorter lines for the bathroom.

:D: