PDA

View Full Version : Cubs MasterCard Pre-Sale (Sox vs. Cubs @ Wrigley)

Foulke You
03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Pre-sale going on today thru Thursday. You get 5% off if you pay with Mastercard. I got two upper reserve for the Friday Sox vs. Cubs game. Tickets look to be available for the whole series including the Saturday night game. Just thought I'd share this info here in case anyone has interest in seeing the Sox at the Ivy Covered Burial Grounds and wants to avoid the "Virtual Waiting Room" mess this Friday:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/ticketing/mastercard_presale.jsp

kittle42
03-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I snagged tickets for below face last year a week before the games. I expect this year to be even easier, except maybe that Saturday night.

SaltyPretzel
03-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I picked up a pair for the Saturday game. Considering it's a Saturday night and early enough in the season that neither team should be totally out of contention, they should be worth something if I don't go.

WhiffleBall
03-07-2012, 07:46 PM
It was virtual waiting room from noon until 12:15 when they must have flicked a switch and got rid of the VWR. It's been wide open all day since then with no wait and there are still tickets available for all games except only singles for the Red Sox Saturday game. I don't know if they were trying to create some sort of false sense of demand but it was pretty funny how all 10 of the VWR windows I had open switched to ready to buy at exactly 12:15. I took my time and ended up getting 6 UD infield tix for the Saturday night Sox game.

Foulke You
03-08-2012, 01:39 PM
It was virtual waiting room from noon until 12:15 when they must have flicked a switch and got rid of the VWR. It's been wide open all day since then with no wait and there are still tickets available for all games except only singles for the Red Sox Saturday game. I don't know if they were trying to create some sort of false sense of demand but it was pretty funny how all 10 of the VWR windows I had open switched to ready to buy at exactly 12:15. I took my time and ended up getting 6 UD infield tix for the Saturday night Sox game.
Yeah, I checked in around 2PM to get my tix and had no VWR at all. It's possible that the program is automated and when it drops below a certain amount logged on to their site, it removes the VWR.