PDA

View Full Version : WSI gets some publicity in Minneapolis Star Tribune

moochpuppy
07-21-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey Gentlemen! How is everyone this fine Sunday afternoon? Long time no see!

I was reading the Sports section of the Minneapolis Star Tribune this morning and came to page C13 where the weekly Major League Baseball Insider - A Sunday Notebook by La Velle E. Neal III is located. The second story in I saw this by the title of "Ivy envy"

A section of ivy that covers the 11-foot wall at Wrigley Field has mysteriously died. Cubs Vice President Mark McGuire suggested that it was the work of White Sox fans. And that has ignited fans of the South Siders, who responded with some questionable anti-Cubs postings on the no-holds -barred http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com. "I say it's pretty obvious who the primary suspect ought to be." one fan wrote while including a picture of fired manager Don Baylor. "Cubbies not having won a World Series in 94 years --- it's because of Sox fans," another wrote. Cubs officials are pretty upset, and want someone's head on a platter.

Way to go guys!!! Nice work!! If I remember correctly, I've heard this La Velle E. Neal on KFAN sports radio here in the Twin Cities and he is a former Chicago native and big White Sox fan. He must visit this site on occasion. I wonder who he is on here?

Anyway, good to be back here after a long hiatus.

mooch :gulp:

LongDistanceFan
07-21-2002, 02:42 PM
outstanding.

too bad they didn't mention the one of the steroid socked urine of Shamme

RedPinStripes
07-21-2002, 02:46 PM
That explains where the twinkie trolls came from this morning.

HA!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Here's the link to the story from the Minneapolis Star Tribune

Ivy Envy (Second from top) (http://www.startribune.com/stories/509/3085331.html)

"White Sox Interactive: No-holds-barred!"

I tell ya, we can't make this stuff up!!!

:gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
07-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
"White Sox Interactive: No-holds-barred!"

I tell ya, we can't make this stuff up!!!

:gulp:

They didn't mention the burning french fries. What gives? :D:

Soxheads
07-21-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

They didn't mention the burning french fries. What gives? :D:

At least they didn't mention the restrooms I haven't cleaned in the last few months! :)

CubKilla
07-21-2002, 09:57 PM
First the Chicago Sun-Times and now the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Congrats to the moderators of my favorite website. WSI is going NATIONWIDE.

hsc1
07-21-2002, 10:34 PM
and wheres the cubuine with our apology?????

Spiff
07-21-2002, 10:37 PM
lmao hsc nice sig

hsc1
07-21-2002, 10:41 PM
yeah i think it fits the situation rather well dont you ??? :D:

TheBigHurt
07-22-2002, 02:58 AM
if WSI gets to much publicity the MLB might just shut it down like Astros Daily :angry:

Soxheads
07-22-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt
if WSI gets to much publicity the MLB might just shut it down like Astros Daily :angry:

I can't see any reason why. I think George and West protected against this.

ma-gaga
07-22-2002, 11:10 AM
I always did like that La Velle E. Neal fellow. Hey PHG, your damn security guard keeps hassling me.

Don't you have a V.I.P. list?

TheBigHurt
07-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I can't see any reason why. I think George and West protected against this.
ok good no i mean great

DVG
07-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by TheBigHurt

Astros Daily is actually still up and running. The moderator of the
site struck a deal with the Astros to keep it going. From what he wrote, it was one specific team official that helped him out.