PDA

View Full Version : Contreras could be gone Monday

jklm
07-21-2002, 08:40 AM
Who's next??!!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/main_story.asp?intID=3745816

The White Sox' only veteran starting pitcher, Todd Ritchie, leads the major leagues with 13 losses.

Their once formidable closer, Keith Foulke, has completely crumbled.

Young starter Jon Garland has been brilliant one night and a bum the next. Ditto for Dan Wright.

And the highly touted offense, which was supposed to slug the Sox into the playoffs, has been more meek than menacing.

So, who's going to wind up paying the price?

For one, it looks like Nardi Contreras. The beleaguered pitching coach might be let go as early as Monday, when the White Sox open a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins at Comiskey Park.

LongDistanceFan
07-21-2002, 09:08 AM
yessss

SOXSINCE'70
07-21-2002, 09:30 AM
What the hell took them so long?? This loser should have been gone last October.No one learned their lesson when the Mariners fired his ass 4 years ago!!This guy is bad,bad news.Oh yeah;just heard Sirotka may need even MORE surgery on his left shoulder.
Good time to fire this clown after he messed up the team's pitching prospects for the future!!

STRIKE!!STRIKE!!STRIKE!!

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 10:30 AM
amd just how did nardi mess up the pitching prospects? if pitching was the problem Id say fire him---but this goats nametame reads Gary Ward-----and this time a year ago I was singing his praises

RedPinStripes
07-21-2002, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
amd just how did nardi mess up the pitching prospects? if pitching was the problem Id say fire him---but this goats nametame reads Gary Ward-----and this time a year ago I was singing his praises

Please don'r tell me you're trying to defend Nadi. Notice what Kip and Josh do as sonn as they get away from him?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by jklm
Who's next??!!

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/main_story.asp?intID=3745816

I'll believe it when I see it.

danman31
07-21-2002, 12:47 PM
Firing Nardi will help long term but this year's team is still going to suck. We need to do a lot of things to turn this team around.

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Please don'r tell me you're trying to defend Nadi. Notice what Kip and Josh do as sonn as they get away from him?

yeah yeah yeah-----is it nardis fault we couldnt hit water if we slipped in the bathtub

RedPinStripes
07-21-2002, 12:53 PM

yeah yeah yeah-----is it nardis fault we couldnt hit water if we slipped in the bathtub

And it's not his fault that young pitchers don't develop till they leave and everytime he goes to the mound, there is a rocket, or a batter plunked. He is useless. Lou Pinnella was quoted saying " nardi is the worst pitching coach i've ever seen."

I don't disagree that Ward need to go too. I'm for firing Ward, Nardi, Pettis, Johson, and if they can find a good replacement, Manuel.

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:54 PM
My point is right now at this moment pitching is not the problem

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 12:56 PM

And it's not his fault that young pitchers don't develop till they leave and everytime he goes to the mound, there is a rocket, or a batter plunked. He is useless. Lou Pinnella was quoted saying " nardi is the worst pitching coach i've ever seen."

LOL!!!!! Why am I not the least bit surprised. I wonder what JM thinks of that jackass?

:jerry

"Nardi?? I love him! He's the best thing since sliced bread! The best thing since ....... Royce Clayton!"

oldcomiskey
07-21-2002, 12:57 PM
all this losing has made yall silly-----if we hit like we are capable no way are we 9 under

RedPinStripes
07-21-2002, 01:01 PM
all this losing has made yall silly-----if we hit like we are capable no way are we 9 under

I'm not going to say one needs to go more then the other. I won't be happy till they're both gone.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 01:02 PM

I'm not going to say one needs to go more then the other. I won't be happy till they're both gone.

I wanna see these two toads get axed as well. Although that might be wishful thinking for the time being.

:KW :jerry

MarkEdward
07-21-2002, 01:05 PM
So anyone want to make a guess as to who the new pitching coach will be?

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

I wouldn't mind seeing this guy.

:nolanventura

Iguana775
07-21-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1571323767.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"We think Barney will bring a new sense of happiness and love to the clubhouse"

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1571323767.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"We think Barney will bring a new sense of happiness and love to the clubhouse"

I wouldn't put it past him. ACK!!!

Iguana775
07-21-2002, 02:12 PM
here's an idea. or the rest of the year, they pick on person out of the stands to be the pitching coach for the nite.

RedPinStripes
07-21-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
here's an idea. or the rest of the year, they pick on person out of the stands to be the pitching coach for the nite.

:reinsy

"Are you kidding me? The fans are idiots!" HA!