PDA

View Full Version : Chris Sale Interview

October26
02-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Today's White Sox Weekly featured a nice interview of Chris Sale by Chris Rongey.

Some key points Sale made in the interview were:
- He has been working on increasing his endurance by swimming & running during the off-season.
- He is taking good care of his arm and shoulder and doing strengthening exercises and long toss.
- He's excited about being a starter but is not putting any goals out there as far as the number of innings pitched for this upcoming season. He added that he's been working on perfecting his change-up this off-season.
- He's enjoyed spending time with his family this off-season during which he was married. I laughed when Chris said: "A happy wife is a happy life." Smart young man, this Chris Sale. :cool:
- Said He's itching to get back to competitive mode and wants to be there when the Sox need him.

I really like what I heard from Chris Sale today. Sale has a great attitude going into the spring/season.

GoGoCrede
02-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Excited to see him play this year too. Maybe they'll get him a uniform that actually fits him. And congrats on the marriage! :gulp:

mzh
02-25-2012, 02:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do as a starter.If he can consistently go 6 innings deep there will be times when he is absolutely untouchable.

kittle42
02-25-2012, 02:51 PM
You know what - this is the one thing this year regarding the Sox I am really looking forward to. I liked this kid right away and am very much eager to see what he can do as a starter.

asindc
02-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the summary, Oct 26. I like what I read in your post. Gives the impression that he has commitment and work ethic.

And congrats to Chris Sale on his marriage.:gulp:

WhiteSox5187
02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
You know what - this is the one thing this year regarding the Sox I am really looking forward to. I liked this kid right away and am very much eager to see what he can do as a starter.

I like Sale a lot too but I would not say I am "excited", I am intrigued by very wary as it seems like his delivery is an injury waiting to happen.

SephClone89
02-25-2012, 06:47 PM
I like Sale a lot too but I would not say I am "excited", I am intrigued by very wary as it seems like his delivery is an injury waiting to happen.

In which case, I'll go ahead and be excited about it till it happens.

October26
02-25-2012, 06:54 PM
I am also eager and excited to see what Sale can do as a starter this year. Listening to him speak at SoxFest as well as during today's interview, I think Sale understands the huge transition he is about to make. I like that he's been working on increasing his endurance, something which I believe will be key as he attempts to log additonal innings.

Thanks for the summary, Oct 26. I like what I read in your post. Gives the impression that he has commitment and work ethic.

You're welcome, asindc.

Work ethic is something that is very important to me. I give my employer an honest day's work every day and go the extra mile when necessary. I admire those who do the same.

Falstaff
02-26-2012, 01:36 AM
Yes I like what I am hearing here. "Working on perfecting change up".
I have been preaching to WS mgt and coaching to emphasize every pitcher
learning more off speed junk as useful tool in the bag of tricks. A guy with Sale power may consider Contreras style forkball, that would be interesting if can deliver from same arm slot as the fasty. I pencil Chris in for 15+ wins this year (if getting run support).

sullythered
02-26-2012, 01:47 AM

So does Justin Verlander's.

DumpJerry
02-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm concerned that with him standing on the Mound after delivering a pitch, Sale can hit by a line drive in the head and hurt himself.

I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat over Wilbur Wood and he threw a Knuckler.

jdm2662
02-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Chris, I look forward to seeing you this season and hope you turn into a very good starter. As for your comment about "A happy wife is a happy life", I prefer this quote: "A quiet wife is a happy husband..."

TaylorStSox
02-26-2012, 01:39 PM
If he can come close to "perfecting" his change and stay healthy, we're looking at the best pitcher to ever put on a Sox uniform. Those are 2 gigantic if's, but he's got the best LH arm I've ever seen from a Sox player.

ghostface36
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
chris sale is the white sox savior

rockinrobin23
02-28-2012, 10:57 AM
iam really excited to see what he can do as a starter..i think he is gonna be a stud in the rotation.